Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karta

Indy 2005 Run If All Had Ran?

um, define my team, because I dont have a "team" per se. Drivers drove slower in the turns to compensate for the tires, I heard that from Michael Waltrip, he was contacted on radio during a caution break.

B) Yup many drivers "adjusted" their driving *cough Jimmie Johnson cough* and had no tyre problems

B) Yup many drivers "adjusted" their driving *cough Jimmie Johnson cough* and had no tyre problems

The chicane was the only viable solution. If someone had told the Michelin drivers to go slowly through the banked corner they would have invariably interpreted this message in different ways and thus they would approach at different speeds, creating a very dangerous solution indeed. AutoRacer5, you

Racing isnt safe on the whole, forget that?

Well this sums up the American attitude to racing and so much else: all balls no brains (to quote another poster, who I forget).

Well this sums up the American attitude to racing and so much else: all balls no brains (to quote another poster, who I forget).

American motorsport pails in comparison to F1!

American motorsport pails in comparison to F1!

You have me wrong.

I am a Michael Schumacher fan first. You can support a driver without supporting their team.

I dont agree with what Ferrari do with regards to testing and Team Orders (Austria 02) and I think that what the other teams have done for the

I thought you were speaking about a Nascar team. Anyway, You believe what I have quoted above. I believe that they are equal. You believe what you believe because you live in Europe. I believe what I believe because I live in America. I quote J.J. Lehto, RACER magazine, January 2005, issue 153:

"There is less BS over here. There are more characters and fewer egos than in Europe. The circuits ARE BETTER, the people are friendlier and the girls... it's paradise over here."

With regards to tracks: "In America, you ha ve proper circuits with proper corners that require the drivers to have balls. In Europe, it's one slow corner followed by another, with the odd hairpin thrown in. I'm not interested in that."

Coming from a Finnish driver, that is surprising to Europeans I bet.

This is one reason why I'm glad Scott Speed's going to be racing in F1 next year.

Oh, F1 might be more showcasing of technology, but it pales to the excitement and the public openness of NASCAR. Check out the F1 Racing mag with Alonso on the cover to see the differences between NASCAR and F1 in terms of publicity.

You have me wrong.

I am a Michael Schumacher fan first. You can support a driver without supporting their team.

First but not last. In wanting Michael to succeed you necessarily want his Ferrari to succeed. In a sense you are also a Ferrari fan, although I realise that you are not primarily a Ferrari fan, rather you are primarily a Michael Schumacher fan. But in a very real sense you are also a Ferrari fan...

I thought you were speaking about a Nascar team. Anyway, You believe what I have quoted above. I believe that they are equal. You believe what you believe because you live in Europe. I believe what I believe because I live in America. I quote J.J. Lehto, RACER magazine, January 2005, issue 153:

"There is less BS over here. There are more characters and fewer egos than in Europe. The circuits ARE BETTER, the people are friendlier and the girls... it's paradise over here."

With regards to tracks: "In America, you ha ve proper circuits with proper corners that require the drivers to have balls. In Europe, it's one slow corner followed by another, with the odd hairpin thrown in. I'm not interested in that."

Coming from a Finnish driver, that is surprising to Europeans I bet.

This is one reason why I'm glad Scott Speed's going to be racing in F1 next year.

Oh, F1 might be more showcasing of technology, but it pales to the excitement and the public openness of NASCAR. Check out the F1 Racing mag with Alonso on the cover to see the differences between NASCAR and F1 in terms of publicity.

This has nothing to do with it. The skill, fitness and dedication in F1 are far in excess of anything in the US, let alone NASCAR's feeble offerings. Let me guess: JJ Lehto was employed in the US racing scene when he said that? We all agree NASCAR is a good show but thats all it is whereas F1 is the pinacle of world motorsport. I remember JV mocking the IRL which is at least level with NASCAR in driving skill etc. I doubt any young driver wanting to establish themselves as the best in the world would choose NASCAR if they were offered a competitive F1 seat. In fact Dan Wheldon sees the IRL as a stepping stone to an F1 test!

This has nothing to do with it. The skill, fitness and dedication in F1 are far in excess of anything in the US, let alone NASCAR's feeble offerings. Let me guess: JJ Lehto was employed in the US racing scene when he said that? We all agree NASCAR is a good show but thats all it is whereas F1 is the pinacle of world motorsport. I remember JV mocking the IRL which is at least level with NASCAR in driving skill etc. I doubt any young driver wanting to establish themselves as the best in the world would choose NASCAR if they were offered a competitive F1 seat. In fact Dan Wheldon sees the IRL as a stepping stone to an F1 test!

Indeed.

This has nothing to do with it.

Yes it does. People like NASCAR and the IRL because the drivers have the (quote David Hobbs) large attachments to go wheel to wheel at higher speeds than F1 with more danger involved.

F1 is the pinacle of world motorsport.

F1 is high up, but mainly due to technology and driver-aids. 1992-1993 showed us that. World? I wonder how events like the Daytona 500 and Indianapolis 500 would compare to the Monaco GP, the Indy500 having been run more often than the Monaco GP.

In fact Dan Wheldon sees the IRL as a stepping stone to an F1 test!

He's European (British). What else do you expect!

Every circuit in the world (including the American ones) are easy compared to Bathurst. It has some amazing corners like "Forests elbo" which is a blind corner that dipes hard. Drivers need to be brave at Bathurst. Many drivers such as Alex Tagliani, Marcus Marshall, David Brabham, Yvan Muller just to name a few have all said that Bathurst is one of the best circuits in the world and Tagliani said that the ulimate challenge for him would be to take a Champ car up Mount Panorama.