Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Kabloom!

Imagine the races we would have had so far without all the engine drama. I've seen many engine formulas come and go and I must say the current v8 is horrible. With the revs it is forced to pull, it shakes itself to pieces! All in the name of cost-cutting and slowing down the cars.

Toro Rosso has shown us the light. With a total cost of 11 U.S. dollars per car you can restrict the dependable v10 to achieve slower speeds. There, cost-cutting and slowing the cars all in one fell swoop!

Makes too much sense, so I imagine it won't work for current F1... ;)

I've said this from the start.............Steve Matchet just so happens to agree ;)

I've said this from the start.............Steve Matchet just so happens to agree ;)

Indeed! That's where I got the math from! I'd assumed restricting the v10's would be cheaper than starting from scratch with a whole new engine formula, but until I heard Matchett's argument in Bahrain, I never realized how idiotic the whole v8 issue was!

I've got to get his book...

Imagine the races we would have had so far without all the engine drama. I've seen many engine formulas come and go and I must say the current v8 is horrible. With the revs it is forced to pull, it shakes itself to pieces! All in the name of cost-cutting and slowing down the cars.

Toro Rosso has shown us the light. With a total cost of 11 U.S. dollars per car you can restrict the dependable v10 to achieve slower speeds. There, cost-cutting and slowing the cars all in one fell swoop!

Makes too much sense, so I imagine it won't work for current F1... ;)

This just goes to show how little the FIA knows about anything. They don't understand the sport, they don't understand the cost, and they don't understand what the fans want.

It has become a farse of historical proportions.

This just goes to show how little the FIA knows about anything. They don't understand the sport, they don't understand the cost, and they don't understand what the fans want.

It has become a farse of historical proportions.

I almost wonder if it's all an effort to get the manufacturers to spend way too much, get disgruntled, and leave. They would be back, but only as proper engine-suppliers, not team owners. This is what both Max and Bernie want after all, right?

Conspiracies upon conspiracies... :eusa_think: