Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sato

the new williams

Recommended Posts


man, what a wierd looking F1 car, but it is refreshing after seeing so many Ferrari copy cat cars last year.

Big nose and all, I like it :!:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well said, Crash! :D

Because honestly, I think it is seriously a mix of some of the most hideous looking things. It must be the result of throwing together a bunch of carbon-fibre, plastic, and Barbara Streisand.

But if it performs, then it really means bugger all what it looks like, doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is it that R, Brawn said, "Any car that wins is a beatiful car!" We'll just have to wait and see. I think that they must be moving towards the end of the evolution cycle for the traditional look of F1 car and some-one had to try something unique to kick start the cycle again.

It also moves in totally the opposite direction to McLarens design philosophy. I like it !!

Can't wait to See Webber in it next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting... Ugly (keeping in mind R Brawns comment, but it hasn't won yet)... Can honestly say I have never imagined anything like it... I'll bet there are a lot of rushed modeling crews at the moment, soon to be rushed wind tunnel crews.

Then again it is a cheap part of the car to make (relatively) so it could be just to distract the others and not give away another revoutionaly design at the launch, wouldn't be the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think the Williams ROCKs!!!!!

its old SKOOL! its Tuff looking and it doesnt mess about!! Juan was very happy when driving it.

TUFF TUFF TUFF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I though Alain Prost has a weird looking nose, :lol: Nah in all seriousness, I quite like it. It's radical, very very different, and is a bit of a retro from the 1970's. It's interesting to note the differing theories on aero efficiency between McLaren and Williams. The MP4-19 has a very low and narrow nose whilst the FW26 has a very wide and fairly high nose cone. I can't wait to see what Ferrari have come up with and if this new concept will be adopted by other teams during the season.

shaun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree Kepners, i think it RAWKS too!

and nojvnof1, i bet there are F1 designers all hurridly making copies of the front end Williams design and rushing them to wind tunnels to try to discover what it is that Williams have found :roll:

Imagine if it is all a big trick on behalf of Williams to throw other teams a red herring... :shock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look behinde the nose,it looks just like the new McLaren MP4-19

right :?:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you look behinde the nose,it looks just like the new McLaren  MP4-19

right  :?:

if you look behind the nose it looks like any other F1 car, unless you are referring to something more specific?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sidepod configuration, in a slightly more boxed form, is like the MP4-18A and MP4-19 evolutions. Definitely Patrick Head took a look at Newey's work, but probably not too much. The nose is huge though, while Mclaren's is small, so you have to compensate because the design of the front directly impacts the design of the rear.

Maybe Ferrari will have something mid-sized then, or not have a nose at all? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The sidepod configuration, in a slightly more boxed form, is like the MP4-18A and MP4-19 evolutions. Definitely Patrick Head took a look at Newey's work, but probably not too much. The nose is huge though, while Mclaren's is small, so you have to compensate because the design of the front directly impacts the design of the rear.  

Maybe Ferrari will have something mid-sized then, or not have a nose at all? :D

Yeha, then they can attach the front wing to Schuey's ego!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so interested in the car launches this year, I cant wait to see if any other teams have design surprises up their sleaves, or if other teams will follow the Williams lead with the twin tusk front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that if the new Williams proves to be quick during the season I feel we'll see this design on many cars by half way through the year when teams traditionally introduce upgraded chassis to the team

shaun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

read today that Ferrari are looking into the Tusk front end too. They say they looked into it years ago, but didnt see an advantage, but now they are researching it again following the WIlliams launch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's because the person who designed the front wing for Williams is a woman by the name of Antonia Terzi, who was employed by Ferrari until a couple of years ago ;)

But they won't bring one out. Trust me, it will remain Williams exclusive in 2004, but 2005 will be a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...