Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

What Do You Do For A Living?

Feeling left out are we? :lol:

If feel that it is wrong for only rich people to get the opportunity to go to university. I believe if you are smart enough to go to university then you should be able to go.

You can defer your HECS debt and get centrelink if you are living away from home and your parents are not rich, surely that is as free as you can expect it to be?

You can defer your HECS debt and get centrelink if you are living away from home and your parents are not rich, surely that is as free as you can expect it to be?

Forget it, ykick already leans toward the comunistic side of life, feels the state should provide all..........

When I was in my country (Dominican Republic) I used to work for one of the biggest bank in the world in MIS department, then I came to USA and I am working third shift as a Security Guard in a lab.

I know I will get something better as my english improves, I'm learning a lot with all of you, this forum is helping me a lot to do that :thbup::thbup: , so be patience with me if I don't find the right words to say something.

Look ,buddy , don't count on this forum to improve your English. Most of them don't how a plural looks like.To give a few instances :" Ferrari's " or " point's " or " DVD's " & so on.

Just read the newspapers & comics regularly.That should see you through.

Oh, one more thing. A panda eats, shoots & leaves. Get hold of the book if you can.

I have sex with old, wealthy ladies. It pays my tuition fees at uni.

Look ,dudeski , continue that & you may very well end up with AIDS like me.

I am suffering from AIDS.

AIDS as in Abnormal Intelligence-Deficiency Syndrome.

im on two universities, i intend soon to choose which one will b better for me cus i dont think ill b able to stand both for some more time. i study german language ( :) ) and history (may dump the second...)

i used to seel some websites layouts but sometimes it was a bit boring, i dont really like to do layouts for things im not interested in :P

:blush: um eh...methinks you could easily be a pin-up gal! Beauty & Brains! What a rare combination! :clap3:

not a nice way to welcome a guy mike. As far as i know he's not been posting much and then with these remarks don't help him either.

It was a joke. I would have thought that obvious. -_-

:blush: um eh...methinks you could easily be a pin-up gal! Beauty & Brains! What a rare combination! :clap3:

Katy H is what the English would call a "stunner" :naughty:

It was a joke. I would have thought that obvious. -_-

It was? ;)

Forget it, ykick already leans toward the comunistic side of life, feels the state should provide all..........

Before you post maybe you should think first. Australia is one of the highest taxed countries in the world and that means the government has more money per capita. THis means they should be able to provide better services than other countries such as America. I have this strange idea that everyone (no matter what their financial status is) should get the same level of education. I would hate for Australia to end up like America where the poor have no opportunities and are stuck in what expects like to call "The Poverty Cycle". I am not a fan of complete capitalism nor am i a fan of communism but i personally like a inbetween approach where the government pays for education so all people have equal opportunities no matter how poor their family is.

Katy H is what the English would call a "stunner" :naughty:

It was? ;)

If my memory serves me right, I think the thread "Pics of me" has you saying you are a granpa.

Well, quite a dirty old man, aren't you? :naughty:

Just kidding! I agree with you that Katy's a stunner!

Ykick, where to start..........

The poor in America are provided with to much as it is, it takes away the incentive to get off their lazy a$$e$, all you need in this country is the desire to make good and you can.

As far as your taxes go I have no idea what your rates are so I can't comment, but I can assure you that our's are not low.

If your country has so much money then what are they spending it on? partys, dancing girls?

The problem with a lot of youth now days is that they feel 'entitled' to what people have and have worked for.

If my memory serves me right, I think the thread "Pics of me" has you saying you are a granpa.

Well, quite a dirty old man, aren't you? :naughty:

Just kidding! I agree with you that Katy's a stunner!

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Ykick, where to start..........

The poor in America are provided with to much as it is, it takes away the incentive to get off their lazy a$$e$, all you need in this country is the desire to make good and you can.

As far as your taxes go I have no idea what your rates are so I can't comment, but I can assure you that our's are not low.

If your country has so much money then what are they spending it on? partys, dancing girls?

The problem with a lot of youth now days is that they feel 'entitled' to what people have and have worked for.

Im not talking about the welfare system or anything like that. Im am talking about EDUCATION. Lets have 2 hypothetical 18 year olds.

Person A has a IQ of 150 and wants to become a doctor but unfortunatly his family are dirt poor and dont have enough money to end him to university so a potentially brilliant doctor will now become a cleaner at the local shopping mall. That is a huge waste.

Person B also wants to become a doctor. He has a IQ of 100 which is OK but not great. Person B comes from a wealthy family and is able to go to university and become a doctor. The problem is that he is a mediocre doctor who will stuff up more operations than most other doctors.

If the government paid for Person A's university bills then Australia would have a great heart surgen etc but if the government doesnt pay for Person A's university bills then Australia will have a great cleaner at the mall. Now what occupation do you think is more important to society: Heart surgen or cleaner? :eusa_think:

But ykick form what I know, it is possible to get an education virtually for free, with most of your fees written off, and a small part as a low interest loan? And you get paid youth allowance for when you are studying, so if you work, you can even pay off the fees while you study. I have friends who are doing exactly that.

Compare that to the U.S., where (most of) the best universities are private, and Americans have to pay the same fees as everyone else, I think you have it pretty good..

But ykick form what I know, it is possible to get an education virtually for free, with most of your fees written off, and a small part as a low interest loan? And you get paid youth allowance for when you are studying, so if you work, you can even pay off the fees while you study.

The allowance is about $50 dollars a week which is hardly enough to live on. The go to university in Australia can be very expensive.

Im not talking about the welfare system or anything like that. Im am talking about EDUCATION. Lets have 2 hypothetical 18 year olds.

Person A has a IQ of 150 and wants to become a doctor but unfortunatly his family are dirt poor and dont have enough money to end him to university so a potentially brilliant doctor will now become a cleaner at the local shopping mall. That is a huge waste.

Person B also wants to become a doctor. He has a IQ of 100 which is OK but not great. Person B comes from a wealthy family and is able to go to university and become a doctor. The problem is that he is a mediocre doctor who will stuff up more operations than most other doctors.

If the government paid for Person A's university bills then Australia would have a great heart surgen etc but if the government doesnt pay for Person A's university bills then Australia will have a great cleaner at the mall. Now what occupation do you think is more important to society: Heart surgen or cleaner? :eusa_think:

If person A has an IQ of 150 he/she will find a way to become that doctor.

If person B has an IQ of 100 he/she will never become a doctor no matter how well funded.

If person A has an IQ of 150 he/she will find a way to become that doctor.

If person B has an IQ of 100 he/she will never become a doctor no matter how well funded.

Even really smart people have huge problems getting money if their family is really poor.

The allowance is about $50 dollars a week which is hardly enough to live on. The go to university in Australia can be very expensive.

My friend here gets about $175 (though I guess it varies with your parents' incomes) per week - plenty to live on, if you are serious about going to uni.

My friend here gets about $175 (though I guess it varies with your parents' incomes) per week - plenty to live on, if you are serious about going to uni.

I know someone who is planning on beoming a fitness instructor (i know not the most important job around) but to get into the course she wants will have to pay $10000 a year in fee's. That is huge. Also Cav those government payments come in fortnightly so they are probably getting around the $85 mark a week.

Cleaner. That's a job that affects more people. I'd rather have a clean mall.

So you would rather have the person who has a IQ of 150 cleaning the mall while the person with a IQ of 100 is giving you open heart surgery.

I know someone who is planning on beoming a fitness instructor (i know not the most important job around) but to get into the course she wants will have to pay $10000 a year in fee's. That is huge. Also Cav those government payments come in fortnightly so they are probably getting around the $85 mark a week.

I am pretty sure about that figure, but I'll check anyway.

I don't thing vocational training is subsidized even in Europe (correct me if..), if she wanted to do a Bachelor's degree in physical education (or something like that) in uni she'd pay HECS fees right which are much lower?

Even really smart people have huge problems getting money if their family is really poor.

What, no scholorships or sponsors?

So you would rather have the person who has a IQ of 150 cleaning the mall while the person with a IQ of 100 is giving you open heart surgery.

Sure. I have a greater chance of enjoying the mall than of needing open heart surgery. In life, you gotta play the odds :P The chances of getting that 100 IQ doctor are pretty slim, but someone with an IQ of 150 cleaning the mall...well, that would be one helluva clean mall! I'd enjoy that mall many, many times.

Scholorships are hard to come by. Each university only offer a cuple a year.

Well that's a shame because here there are many avenues to scholorships from the private sector not just the uni's.....That there isn't in Aus. shows a lack of leadership in your country, I would move post haste.......

Sure. I have a greater chance of enjoying the mall than of needing open heart surgery. In life, you gotta play the odds :P The chances of getting that 100 IQ doctor are pretty slim, but someone with an IQ of 150 cleaning the mall...well, that would be one helluva clean mall! I'd enjoy that mall many, many times.

I doubt that the collective IQ of the cleaning staff at Ontario Mills is much above 150 :lol:

Well that's a shame because here there are many avenues to scholorships from the private sector not just the uni's.....That there isn't in Aus. shows a lack of leadership in your country, I would move post haste.......

I do hate our countries leader as i believe he is a shorter older looking Harry Potter. He seems to believe if you arnt rich then you shouldnt be breathing the same air as him. He has eyebrows which seem to have their own personality and he spends most of his time licking Goerge W Bush's ars. I however love Australia as i would die to protect it even if i dont like its leaders.