Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Nascar Declares International Ambitions

Brian France, the chairman and chief executive of NASCAR, has served notice that the successful US stock car series has global ambitions - something which an dismissive Formula 1 fraternity has thus far refused to take too seriously. NASCAR was once dismissed by the other big sports in America but has since emerged as the second most popular sport in America after the NFL. Sponsorship revenues in the Nextel Cup series are now up to an estimated $5.1bn and merchandising income is over $2bn a year. The 36 Cup races attract an average of 190,000 fans. France says that the series will continue to expand within the United States with plans for races in the Pacific Northwest and New York. More importantly, however, for the first time NASCAR is admitting that it has international ambitions with "a couple of people looking" at opportunities in Europe and China. France says that the plan is to look for local partners with whom to go into partnership.

"Taking our current partners with us to expansion abroad is good for them, and good for us," France told The Financial Times.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17808.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone should tell NASCAR that Europeans like style in there cars and NASCAR's are possibly the least stylish cars on the face of the planet.

I fear the UK would accept it, they have their own SCSA (or something) which is basically the same thing I think. WWE also caught on in the UK, thats practically the same kind of league as NASCAR. *NOTE* When I say catch on I mean that young moronic boys with more energy then sense due to frustration from pubertly might watch it.

Personally I would only watch it for the same reason I only watched SCSA once, Colin McRae was racing and completely showed everyone up with his superior skill's from a real form of motorsport.

I fear the UK would accept it, they have their own SCSA (or something) which is basically the same thing I think. WWE also caught on in the UK, thats practically the same kind of league as NASCAR. *NOTE* When I say catch on I mean that young moronic boys with more energy then sense due to frustration from pubertly might watch it.

Personally I would only watch it for the same reason I only watched SCSA once, Colin McRae was racing and completely showed everyone up with his superior skill's from a real form of motorsport.

The first time i saw NASCAR i was 13 years old and after 15 minutes i switched the channel as it was so boring. If i found it boring why wouldnt the youth in England find it boring as well.

The first time i saw NASCAR i was 13 years old and after 15 minutes i switched the channel as it was so boring. If i found it boring why wouldnt the youth in England find it boring as well.

Well you like F1 so that mean's you have taste. As I said before the majority is stupid.

Worlds *Blankiest* *Blank* programs being another perfect example.

Yeah. ASCAR. I saw McRae at Rockingham which of course is the only oval in the UK. He made fools of the other drivers.

Yeah. ASCAR. I saw McRae at Rockingham which of course is the only oval in the UK. He made fools of the other drivers.

Russ, you may have explained your choice of avatar in another thread, but this is the first one I've seen with it!

:rofl:

Odd......a moocow virus, I think....
Indeed
This thread is scary as every member who has posted has my face. :unsure::D
when did puma ditch lewis ,for you :blink:

Indeed

when did puma ditch lewis ,for you :blink:

I wonder if it had anything to do with ykick saying he's drifted a kart like Hamilton..... :eusa_think: