Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Club Racing And Sprints

Just wondered if any of you indulge in a bit of competition when you're not visiting the forum or having a life........

This is what Scimitar drivers get up to (not that I'd subject my GTC to that sort of thing):

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/hal...lv?t=1171404771

Naw, this year I'm going to flog the Mustang at the autocross.

Aren't you worried you'll trash it? I'd need a dedicated car for that sort of thing. One day.

Naw it's just cones set up in a big parking lot..............

Ok then. I got a bit confused because this is what we call autocross in the UK:

autocross2.jpg

autocross.jpg

Let us know how you get on.

Autocross was a bad name, it's more like a slolom course set up and you run against the clock.

I used to run my Supra at the autocross when they held it at El Toro and again at Qualcom(?) stadium in San Diego. Russ, it's also called SoloII here in the states.

Go for it Bruce! Post some times (and phone or PM me when you're doing it and I'll try to get out and see ya).

I used to run my Supra at the autocross when they held it at El Toro and again at Qualcom(?) stadium in San Diego. Russ, it's also called SoloII here in the states.

Go for it Bruce! Post some times (and phone or PM me when you're doing it and I'll try to get out and see ya).

Many years ago I raced Motocross a bit. Now on vintage race weekends I will turn a few laps in my 67 Spitfire but it is not much more than parading around. Still, just driving on track is a ton of fun!!

here is a pic heading on to track and a shot from the pits same day last summer

SAAB 96, VW Scirocco, A-H Sprite or MG Midget, MGB, BMW 3 series, VW Golf

SAAB 96, VW Scirocco, A-H Sprite or MG Midget, MGB, BMW 3 series, VW Golf

WOO HOOO. very impressive!! :clap3::clap3:

Those days at the track are great fun. I will try to get out again this summer.

Is your Spitfire modded at all?

Yeh, a bit. I rebuilt the engine two years ago and when I did that I had the head done and put it larger valves and hardened seats. Electronic ignition, a 4-2-1- header and K& N filters too so the engine is breathing well. This year I am installing and overdrive transmission and I

Nice sensible mods, but I think 48mpg is a pipe dream! I'd be too tempted to slot a GT6 motor in there.

Nice sensible mods, but I think 48mpg is a pipe dream! I'd be too tempted to slot a GT6 motor in there.

Yeh I'm pretty sure 50 mpg (which the car was rated for in 1970) is measured on imperial gallons too. I have seen a few Spit 6s and it is a decent mod if you beef up the rear end.

Too easy to break teeth in the diff otherwise.

One of the guys in the british car club here has built his own fuel injection rig, I am interested to se how that performs this summer.

All in all though my Spitfire is just fun for my summer transportation. I use pretty much as a daily driver in the summer

One of the guys in the british car club here has built his own fuel injection rig, I am interested to se how that performs this summer.

For the stock 4 cylinder? Now that's enterprising. Keep us posted on that one.

For the stock 4 cylinder? Now that's enterprising. Keep us posted on that one.

If he has the car out in March or early April I will try to get some pics. OF course by then we will all be fully engaged in the new F1 season and a little Spitfire might not seem so cool! :lol: