Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AutoRacer5

A Few "interesting facts"

These facts are daunting:

Last win for Kimi: Maylasia in 03. DC: Melbourne

Last win for a Michelin driver: Fernando Alonso, Hungary 03

Only Ferrari have won races since the Michelins had to be modified

Mclaren have had a driver retire from three straight races. That hasen't happened since Kimi in 02 (Belgium, Monza, and USA)

Mclaren had a "double whammy" retirement. (Both drivers) Hasn't happened since Nurburgring last year.

All three of Kimi's retirements involved the engine.

Kimi was caught by a Sauber in Melbourne. A McLaren being caught by a Sauber? How sad.

McLaren have had the most time to work with their car off-season, yet this is there result. How sad yet again.

Michael Schumacher won the first three races of the year. Hasn't happened since 2000.

Williams have not won since Hockenheim with Montoya.

McLaren have only 4 points in Constructors title. Can they get double digits?

We shall Find out soon.

Mclaren is bad because thay took 3 months to turn the MP4-18 in to the MP4-19 when thay had 5 months. its all in the desing not the amount of testing a team does

Red cars look crap.

But we all know red cars go faster 8) :lol:

yea thts a sad truth... and AutoRacer5 well u just enlightened us bout the sh#t we have all been complainin about.... the under performance of ferrari's competitors..... but what the heck all dominations will end and i only hope tht it ends b4 MS leaves..............

Ok, if you have not figured out, I like Ferrari b/c of MS. Everyone was saying, "MP4/19 will kick Ferrari's @$$", or "McLaren will dominate in 04. I am just pointing out that McLaren are messed up and really need help with this season. By the way, the MP4-19B will come out probably at Hockenheim.

Ok, if you have not figured out, I like Ferrari b/c of MS. Everyone was saying, "MP4/19 will kick Ferrari's @$$", or "McLaren will dominate in 04. I am just pointing out that McLaren are messed up and really need help with this season. By the way, the MP4-19B will come out probably at Hockenheim.

woops missed tht part of it... anyway thts what i'm hoping for and i am a mclaren fan so i'm hoping mclaren would someday kick some a## or any a## again......

the MP4-19 is just the MP4-18 with a few of the problems taken out, but with a few remaining. The fact they launched so early just showed this. This the supposed 19 is the 18B, and the new car for Hockenheim will be the 19, if that makes any sense!! :lol:

the MP4-19 is just the MP4-18 with a few of the problems taken out, but with a few remaining. The fact they launched so early just showed this. This the supposed 19 is the 18B, and the new car for Hockenheim will be the 19, if that makes any sense!!   :lol:

yea thats what thay were saying in F1 racing for this month when thay were revewing the Australian GP. and thats why i was saying that thay only took like 3 months to turn the MP4-18 into the MP4-19 when thay relly had more time

They are somewhat kicking Minardi's a##, though that might be only in qualifying. Testing is when you are supposed to solve all of the car's problems. McLaren just needed to take their time. Oh, does anyone have an aerial shot of the 18 and 19 so we can compare them? I must admit, the car looks great. I do think however that Ferrari have the advantage because, "If it looks good on paper and if it looks good when it's built, it's good." This however does not apply to McLaren.