Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Rubens' B@tt Still Hurting ?

Rubens is right that Schuey should be a 6-time champ. 1994 was Hill's year and Schuey won it with dirty tactics!

Rubens is right that Schuey should be a 6-time champ. 1994 was Hill's year and Schuey won it with dirty tactics!

Bah bs, hill should have known Schumi would have closed the door then as most drivers would have done the same not only that, hill went half of the circuit to attempt the move and by todays rules, if he did pass schumi, he would have to give the position back. Hill got desperate a did the "it's now or never move" and dived down the inside on a corner that has to close the door as that's the racing line. If hill bided his time, Schumi would have retired with suspension issues, can almost gurantee that. Hill just got to impatient, Schumi did cut accross a bit to aggressively but hey, it's for a world title, always have and always will see it as hills own fault. Back to the main story, what season is Rubens talking about that he should have been champ? He can't string a whole season together, I can't think of one single season he looked like a championship contender, maybe 2009 but even that was a long shot. He fails to forget he well and truly knew what he signed up for and Schumi returned the favor at the us gp anyway. Bit nasty to bring that out while Schumi can't even reply to the comment.

I don't think Schumi was the greatest F1 driver of all time, God bless him but he certainly built the greatest team of all time around him who consequently handed him the greatest F1 car of all time. Rubino had his chance at Brawn and didn't take it even though JB left the door open a few times. For me, that said it all. Apart from Fangio, I've been privileged to see most of the 'greats' in action - Senna, Mansell, Lauda, Jochen, Prost, Clark and Stewart - but they didn't always have the dominant car. Schumi is certainly up there with them but of all the 'modern drivers, I have to say Senna was on another plane entirely.

Yep have to agree there, Senna's sheer confidence he had to made him that bit faster than anyone else and it didnt matter what he drove. The thing with Schumi though, is he could make basically any strategy work to full affect. We best saw this at the 1998 Hungarian gp which not only do I think is one of his greatest ever victories but possibly one of the greatest victories of all time. To make a three stop work against the two stopping Mclaren's which were the clear favourite to win. Constantly reeling of fastest laps that would be good enough for the first few rows on the grid in qualify, incredible stuff.

Belgium 95, then Hungary 98 followed by Suzuka 2000. What about you? Spa 98 was looking to be one of his best until "the incident". Same as brazil 2006, another cracker before retirement. To many to concider tbh. One thing I thought that was funny but it's just my opinion, his best driving over a whole season IMO was 1998 then 2006 and then 1997. These seasons schumacher drive his best and most consistant races. 98 to be challenging those Mclaren's was a mission in its self, let alone reel in the charging Mika hakkinen to force a final race showdown. Same with 2006, he watched alonso romp away with 4 consecutive wins yet Schumi reeled in alonso and was set to take the title IMO before an inconvieniant and spectacular engine failure. 1997 was another incredible season as the Williams were just so much quicker yet after a troublesome 96 season, Schumi caught villeneuve and went into the finale with a single point lead until he made the most stupid move in his whole career. That's what I loved about Schumi, he might not have won the title in those seasons but my god did he make it difficult for others to win and that's what made him so unbeatable, the fact that if you wanted a title, only one man stopped you and it was Schumi, every single season against Williams,Mclaren and Renault. All those drivers who one titles, Schumi was the man to beat and that consistancy is what made him IMO. He was that fast when backed into a corner that he drove the car literally on a knifes edge. It was either going to pay of for him tenfold or end in epic failure and that's the price you pay when you drive the car on the absolute limit every single lap.

Yea you gotta appreciate the greatness. I can't really comment on his greatest ever win as I only started watching f1 in '98, plus my memory is terrible lol. Japan 2000 did spring to mind. From what I've read Spain '96 must've been pretty impressive too.

Yea you gotta appreciate the greatness. I can't really comment on his greatest ever win as I only started watching f1 in '98, plus my memory is terrible lol. Japan 2000 did spring to mind. From what I've read Spain '96 must've been pretty impressive too.

Yeah it was, it's hard to toss up between that and senna donington 93.