HandyNZL

The Minge Is Back

11 posts in this topic

BMW have announced that alongside Prodrive, they will begin entering the WRC with Mini's. Select events in 2011, and full tilt from 2012, and "many years" thereafter.

Go the minge.....

Who cares! I´ll wait until lancia resurrection:coffee:

We don't even know if Lancia would stay alive.....

for now, enjoy this..

Apparently Marcus Gronholm and Chris Atkinson could be the two drivers. I really hope that's the case as they are two of my favourite rally drivers, Gronholm I really admire as a racer and he's got a great personality and Atkinson has been really, really unlucky, but if he's got serious talent. I'd support these guys if it came off.

On the whole, it looks like rallying it slowly, slowly recovering. With the rumours that Toyota is looking likely to join the ranks again, it justifies the point. I think the new cars from next year are the right step forward for the sport too, and hopefully it'll end Citroen's domination of the sport. You only have to look at how open the IRC is currently (using a similar type of car to what WRC will use in 2011) to see that it is the right step forward. I've never been truly blown away by the last half decade type of car that has been used in WRC, the S2000 type car. Sure, they are pretty impressive machines, they can really shift for sure, but I get the idea that they aren't really great "spectator" cars, they certainly don't seem as spectacular to me as say, the group B type cars that were racing.

So, WRC should have the right mix of teams, Citroen, Ford, Mini and Toyota (if it happens), will be very closely matched I feel. Now they just need to get the "proper" rallies back, the really challenging, gruelling, man-making sort of rally like the Safari rally they used to run.

2011 will give WRC a new chance to impress. I'll perosnally pay a much keener interested in rallying again once the new season starts to see what this new area of rally racing can deliver. It's up to the FIA on whether they want to make the championship live or die though. Get these new rules right, it'll live, if they don't, it'll be the last sentence on WRC's grave. It's a credible championship, it's got some top teams and drivers in it, it's a "World" championship none the less. It's just in a dire need of a lift. Only the FIA can give that lift, and fortunately, it looks like Todt is keen to do so.

Apparently Marcus Gronholm and Chris Atkinson could be the two drivers. I really hope that's the case as they are two of my favourite rally drivers, Gronholm I really admire as a racer and he's got a great personality and Atkinson has been really, really unlucky, but if he's got serious talent. I'd support these guys if it came off.

On the whole, it looks like rallying it slowly, slowly recovering. With the rumours that Toyota is looking likely to join the ranks again, it justifies the point. I think the new cars from next year are the right step forward for the sport too, and hopefully it'll end Citroen's domination of the sport. You only have to look at how open the IRC is currently (using a similar type of car to what WRC will use in 2011) to see that it is the right step forward. I've never been truly blown away by the last half decade type of car that has been used in WRC, the S2000 type car. Sure, they are pretty impressive machines, they can really shift for sure, but I get the idea that they aren't really great "spectator" cars, they certainly don't seem as spectacular to me as say, the group B type cars that were racing.

So, WRC should have the right mix of teams, Citroen, Ford, Mini and Toyota (if it happens), will be very closely matched I feel. Now they just need to get the "proper" rallies back, the really challenging, gruelling, man-making sort of rally like the Safari rally they used to run.

2011 will give WRC a new chance to impress. I'll perosnally pay a much keener interested in rallying again once the new season starts to see what this new area of rally racing can deliver. It's up to the FIA on whether they want to make the championship live or die though. Get these new rules right, it'll live, if they don't, it'll be the last sentence on WRC's grave. It's a credible championship, it's got some top teams and drivers in it, it's a "World" championship none the less. It's just in a dire need of a lift. Only the FIA can give that lift, and fortunately, it looks like Todt is keen to do so.

Well Todty is a rally boy

Yes, but the thing that worries me, is the FIA isn't. It seems mostly, all the FIA care about in all the various forms of motorsport they stamp their names on is Formula One. And who can blame them really? It's the most popular form of racing in the world, the second most popular sport of all behind football in the world, so the likes of WRC, WTCC, etc, sure they get the honour of being a "World" championship, but get blown into the weeds by Formula One. If the FIA REALLY cared about motorsport in general, they'd get the likes of pre mentioned championships up to the level that F1 is, in terms of marketing, getting good TV coverage the world over, making it a very attractive championship in general to drivers, manufacturers, sponsors and fans.

Edited by JHS

Agree - the FIA WTC is crappola. Coverage of the Le Mans Series is Sh#tola,and een on a 42" screen you need a magnifying glass to read the drivers names in the graphics.

The FIA and the FIA TV production teams need to take a leaf out of the American broadcasters when it comes to the graphical coverage. Say what you will about US racing or US commentators, but they sure do put on better TV.

I think I will fall over dead the day the FIA discover split screen technology....or how not to put the graphics across the middle of the picture obscuring the racing...the tickers used in US are far better and do not disrupt the viewing.

The Le Mans Series has nothing to do with the FIA, Le Mans and the LMS are totally controlled by the ACO. There were talks that perhaps there would be a return to a "world" sportscar championship, but I don't think the ACO are particularly keen on handing LMS over to the FIA, based on the mess that the latter made of that championship in the late 80's, early 90's I believe. Group C was so popular and was taking manufacturer interest away from Formula One, so they gave the series a "World" championship and successfully killed it off. I say them, but that was mostly Bernie and Max crapping their pants that Group C would at some point become more popular than Formula One, so they killed it. I fear that even if WRC, WTCC improved to the levels of Formula One in terms of interest and marketing, etc, etc, it wouldn't last for long if Bernie got his way.

MMORPG.com has scored a brand new columnist to take over the Player Perspectives article series.

fast wow gold

Self-confessed ' altoholic', fast wow gold Isabelle Parsley brings a new voice to the MMORPG.

cheap aion kinah

com team,cheap aion kinah one that we're sure you will appreciate.

cheap aion kinah

Find out more about Isabelle "Ysharros"cheap aion kinah Parsley in her inaugural column and then say 'hi' on the forums!

ffxi gil

My very first MMO was Turbine’ffxi gil s Asheron’s Call, which I started playing almost exactly a decade ago, back in October or November 2000.

Final Fantasy XI GIL

Sure, Final Fantasy XI GIL I’d played a few single-player RPGs in the 90s, but that first MMO was like a different world.

maple story mesos

A huge world!maple story mesos With loads of other, real people! All running around in my world!