Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angellica

Death Trap

So a few weeks ago we needed to have a new light fitting put up. When the electirician saw the state of our electrics, he did that thing men do when they suck air in through their teeth whilst shaking his head. You know the one I mean, the one that says this is really, seriously bad.

The upshot of that is, we've just had a day and a half of him putting right all the 'bad' things we had. Including a wire plugged into the mains but which had nothing at the other end except a bit of insulation tape and that was shoved in amongst our roof insulation. How we haven't fried ourselves or had a major fire up to now I don't know.

Thankfully now, we're all certified and safe. :)

Who did all the bad things to the electrics? Oh that would be my ex husband who swore he knew what he was doing at the time. Yeah, right, sure he did. I should have known better than to trust him it seems.

Oh I thought that this was going to be a competition about who stuffed up the electrics, and then you went and ruined it by providing the answer.

My vote was going to go to Brad. You just can't trust South Africans.

I'm sure Brad appreciates the confidence you show in him ;)

Sorry for spoiling your fun, next time I'll run a poll for you! lmavfa.gif

The upshot of that is, we've just had a day and a half of him putting right all the 'bad' things we had. Including a wire plugged into the mains but which had nothing at the other end except a bit of insulation tape and that was shoved in amongst our roof insulation. How we haven't fried ourselves or had a major fire up to now I don't know.

Insulation tape.... would've gone for that one too

glad you safe though Angellica

Insulation tape.... would've gone for that one too

glad you safe though Angellica

Some time remind me to tell you about how he fixed the plumbing and the way we found a pipe held up by string instead of a clip :rolleyes:

Thanks Brad :)

Some time remind me to tell you about how he fixed the plumbing and the way we found a pipe held up by string instead of a clip rolleyes.gif

laugh.png I would just swallow my pride and call the plumber

laugh.png I would just swallow my pride and call the plumber

We already did, that's how we know what he'd done.

We already did, that's how we know what he'd done.

Yes, him pretending to know and putting everyone at risk, really not cool.....too much ego running around in this weird world.

Yes, him pretending to know and putting everyone at risk, really not cool.....too much ego running around in this weird world.

Oh my ex husband was an expert at everything, he told me so :rolleyes:

I will agree he was an expert at lying and cheating though, he was really good at them ;)

So a few weeks ago we needed to have a new light fitting put up. When the electirician saw the state of our electrics, he did that thing men do when they suck air in through their teeth whilst shaking his head. You know the one I mean, the one that says this is really, seriously bad.

Thankfully now, we're all certified and safe. smile.png

Who did all the bad things to the electrics? Oh that would be my ex husband who swore he knew what he was doing at the time. Yeah, right, sure he did. I should have known better than to trust him it seems.

Insulation tape shoved into loft insulation - how much more insulation do you need?? whistling.gifeekout.gif

While it is a frightening thought, thankfully nothing happened and you are ok. Did he do this with kids in the house, by the way??

Oh my ex husband was an expert at everything, he told me so rolleyes.gif

I will agree he was an expert at lying and cheating though, he was really good at them wink.png

I have the opposite problem. I tell the wife I have no clue how to do diy stuff and she tells me I must know how to do them :lol:

Insulation tape shoved into loft insulation - how much more insulation do you need?? whistling.gifeekout.gif

While it is a frightening thought, thankfully nothing happened and you are ok. Did he do this with kids in the house, by the way??

To be honest I don't know when he did his 'electrics in the loft trick', but we moved here when our daughter was just 4 years old and he left us after yet another affair when she was 16, so yeah, we must have had a child in the house at that time.

I have the opposite problem. I tell the wife I have no clue how to do diy stuff and she tells me I must know how to do them laugh.png

Aww, see, your wife loves you and believes in you, you're a lucky man pabloh :)

To be honest I don't know when he did his 'electrics in the loft trick', but we moved here when our daughter was just 4 years old and he left us after yet another affair when she was 16, so yeah, we must have had a child in the house at that time.

Oh that's not good. I know you can't think of every scenario when you have kids, but that one would have been fairly easy to avoid.

Aww, see, your wife loves you and believes in you, you're a lucky man pabloh smile.png

Yes, that will be it :lol: