Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Lewis Hamilton World Champion

Hammy has been simply magnificent all season. It was widely agreed that Merc would have preferred Nico to be their poster-boy. Next year Hammy will be even stronger. He is simply too fast !. Sure, he has sulks, and is not always the smartest kid on the block. But he can drive a car faster than anyone else alive. WDC 2015.............easy!

I agree with everything you said, but I still think he lacks the raw pace of alonso and even ricciardo. Tbh he just made better use of a dominant car than Rosberg did. That aside, it shouldn't hamper what he achieved because the race at Abu Dhabi along with the blistering start, is probably one of/if not his best ever race.

Drove for it, psyched up for it, got it. Many congrats, Lewis.

I agree with everything you said, but I still think he lacks the raw pace of alonso and even ricciardo. Tbh he just made better use of a dominant car than Rosberg did. That aside, it shouldn't hamper what he achieved because the race at Abu Dhabi along with the blistering start, is probably one of/if not his best ever race.

Tosh and nonsense, my friend. I am sorry but LH is the fastest guy out there right now. The dominant car aside, he was constantly finding tenths when he had to and won a shed load of races despite the DNFs. Alonso is hot but on the wane - it's natural. DR is hot and on the up but so is Valteri. DK is rapid but Kubica-style and will smooth out into awesome. This really is Nando's last shot at the triple. There are too many slick punks on the block waiting to grease his butt.

Tosh and nonsense, my friend. I am sorry but LH is the fastest guy out there right now. The dominant car aside, he was constantly finding tenths when he had to and won a shed load of races despite the DNFs. Alonso is hot but on the wane - it's natural. DR is hot and on the up but so is Valteri. DK is rapid but Kubica-style and will smooth out into awesome. This really is Nando's last shot at the triple. There are too many slick punks on the block waiting to grease his butt.

Sorry but I have to disagree, if hamiltons car was on par with the Redbull's, I think ricciardo would have him, just my opinion and iam not being biased.

My money would be on hamilton, Nico smashed Schumacher with ease over 3 seasons and was fast in his williams days too, but he can't even live with Lewis in a race.

Dan was awesome this year but I can't see any reason to think there was more pace to get out of that Mercedes. Hopefully in 2015 we'll get to see them fight more often on a level playing field

My money would be on hamilton, Nico smashed Schumacher with ease over 3 seasons and was fast in his williams days too, but he can't even live with Lewis in a race.

Dan was awesome this year but I can't see any reason to think there was more pace to get out of that Mercedes. Hopefully in 2015 we'll get to see them fight more often on a level playing field

Yeah I don't know whit schumacher, I think he just couldn't come to grips with those style of chassis. If those chassis where the cars schumacher drive for majority of his career IMO he wouldn't have been no where near as successful. As for ricciardo he did smash Vettel this season and I don't need to remind everyone what Vettel achieved, so when I look at it like that IMO I think ricciardo would beat Hamilton if the cars were equal. It's hard because like your mentioned Jem, Hamilton beat Rosberg but I also remember china one year where Hamilton had a torrid time trying to pass Schumi which at that time the Mclaren was a much better car than the Mercedes so it's hard to really say.

It's the endless debate every year - who really is the fastest, or the best? It may be that Kobayashi would beat Rosberg too if he was driving for Mercedes lol.

Already can't wait for winter testing, cos right now you'd have to say 2015 is probably going to be a repeat of 2014 and it'd be good to have more drivers fighting for the wins

I think it might even out, I just hope Williams dont fall back, I hope they keep there steady form. I was cheering Massa on towards the end of Abu Dhabi, would have loved to see him win again, quite suprised they didn't win a race this year tbh. Gonna be weird seeing Vettel in red, that's for sure.

Well Williams have a great base to build on with their 2013 car, tons more money than usual thanks to 3rd place in the WCC, and a good bunch of people, so I have high expectations.

Ferrari will have 2014's 2 strugglers, and their internal affairs (from the outside at least) appear to be a total mess with Mattiacci already given the boot, so I'm pleased to say I don't expect much from them at all next year.

For me the most interesting ones will be mclaren and RBR. Newey has stepped back and I wonder how much of an impact that will have, especially with his old right-hand man now at mclaren too. History shows that when Newey leaves, the team declines! Although I'm not 100% clear on how much involvement (or not) he will have.

Well Williams have a great base to build on with their 2013 car, tons more money than usual thanks to 3rd place in the WCC, and a good bunch of people, so I have high expectations.

Ferrari will have 2014's 2 strugglers, and their internal affairs (from the outside at least) appear to be a total mess with Mattiacci already given the boot, so I'm pleased to say I don't expect much from them at all next year.

For me the most interesting ones will be mclaren and RBR. Newey has stepped back and I wonder how much of an impact that will have, especially with his old right-hand man now at mclaren too. History shows that when Newey leaves, the team declines! Although I'm not 100% clear on how much involvement (or not) he will have.

Yep agree 100%

And well done on your contribution. Always good to read your posts mate, well done.

Williams have just picked up another sponsor - Unilever from Lotus, so more cash in the coffers.

Key to 2015 is about engines:

- Teams met and in 2015 there will still be a freeze on engine development.

- Mercedes engine will continue to be strong - expect Mercedes, Williams, Force India to be up there

- Ferrari engine is just not up to the same level and with all of the turmoil in the team and two drivers who were not on form in 2014, I can't see them worrying the front runners too often

- Renault is a reasonable package - good drivers too - so Red Bulls will continue to nip at the heels of Mercedes, will get podiums and may win an occasional race

- Honda - hmm history has show Honda, when on form produce awesome engines. However history also shows that new engines take time to settle in. I would expect a number of McLaren retirements in the first 6 races with grenading engines/loss of power. Until they iron out the gremlins, then later in the season will still to move up the ranks

And well done on your contribution. Always good to read your posts mate, well done.

Don't throw me a parade just yet, I think JensonRules (Ben) managed about 100 more than I'm currently on. Although I'm not sure being most-poster-ever on an internet forum is something I actually want to be proud of......