Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Mercedes tyre pressure trick revealed

9 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/570810/Mercedes_F1_tyre_pressure_trick_revealed/

Mercedes and their both drivers should be disqualified from at least 3 races, if this turns as factually cheating device. On the other hand, Pirelli should be maybe found as not fit to supply decent racing tires for this series. If I sound angry, than yes, damn right, I am. The spirit of the regulation was violated, than get "rewarded" accordingly.

Couldn't agree more, its not a loop hole they have found they have found and undetectable way to cheat until now. Monkey and myself have been massively sus over Mercedes ever since there terminal tyre wear issue was immediately rectified after a suposide "filming" session were rosberg and Hamilton both wore plane helmets and race suits. Ever since then they have been one up on everyone when it comes to tyre deg.

Debate is raging whether the device is a clever solution how to control tire pressure within limits of regulations, or it is something smelly and ungodly which should call for punitive measures.

I must agree that first impression is, that it is something different, than most other teams are doing. I do not have more of verified information on this.

Some teams just doesn't wanna play fair. It's like boxing with a loaded gloves. It's cheating :robot:

Over the years I've been cognizant of a few practices in this sport.

1. FiA is not known to write unambiguous rules and regulations.

2. Almost all teams will explore boundaries of such (imperfect) regulations, thus it is not always immediately black and white issue what is, or isn't permitted. (Maybe I should say tolerated). 

I would be surprised if FiA will not peek at it this week.

If enough people get upset over it, I guarantee a regulation will be put in place where the actual axles get tested for temperature. It's cheating IMO it's affectivley giving them an additional warmup lap. Would explain some of the bad starts to because nico or Lewis may have overheated the tyres on warmup lap as they are already up to temp and it allows them to stay warmer while sitting and waiting for the grid to form up. Only issue I see with this is it will take more tyre conservation later in the stint but because Mercedes are so far ahead, they can gamble with that.