Sakae

Brexit

3 posts in this topic

Normally topic would be political issue and perhaps outside of the sport, however as it is, this is probably very much a subject of interest to all fans of the F1.

We have about 50-something days to a day, when GB might be on their own, severing cord, and as it is, realistically without any agreement of any kind with EU.

What could follow day after is not entirely clear, but experts on aviation issued warning, that there will not be any commuting, or transport of goods via air between island and continental Europe.

To be perfectly frank, I am lost about situation how EU bound personnel would travel effectively. Private planes, or by boats...? I am probably not the first guy who is thinking about this, but cost effective solutions are escaping me. Sauber, TR, and Ferrari are home teams, and they have only Siverstone to think about. Mercedes, Renault, RBR will require British working permits for all their foreign workers. This is probably easier to be said than done. Perusing British media, one can read really horror stories about that process.

Something else - will be all Brits kicked out from FiA's offices in Paris? Or this one - if Verstappen gets hauled on the red carpet into FiA's office, will he leave RBR offices and swim, or he will need to hire a chartered plane to get him over La Manche? Renault will need to haul some materials on the long distances. Paris, Edinburg, wherever..? Ouch. Sounds messy and complicated.

Edited by Sakae

Let's get a grip!

Both the FIA and F1 have existed long before the EU.

As far as F1 is concerned - Brexit will have very little effect (if any).

17 minutes ago, DPR said:

Let's get a grip!

Both the FIA and F1 have existed long before the EU.

As far as F1 is concerned - Brexit will have very little effect (if any).

I am sure my point was about potential disruption of air travel, which may cease to exist, who knows for how long, and until a new agreement gets setup. If disruption of that kind would not affect F1, well, I can sleep then trouble free.

Let's get a grip sounds right.

Edited by Sakae