Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

An Ethnic Question

Hello guys!

Just one week to my religious wedding and my trip to Europe...

And I have some questions for you european people...

How can you survive with a small budget?, I mean, Cheapers places to eat?, the hotels are not problems because they are included within the tour, but all the extra expenses are on my own.

I will have ONE free day in England..please advice me the better places to visit (all walking), its really a short time, the same in Paris, the same in Rome...

Thank you... :P

:mellow: I

Eduardo, I haven't been to Europe, but whatever travelling I have done, I generally follow some basic rules:

Hotels will normally provide you with breakfast. so have a big breakfast, and this should keep you going till about 1:00 pm.

Carry some snacks like fruits or biscuits to snack, and carry a bottle of water with you. Since you are on tour, they will take you to the touristy spots and shops in and around these places can be expensive. Don't buy anything from hotel where you are staying. (Like water or beer from the mini fridge, they can be expensive)

For Lunch, take a walk around and look for Pizzareia kind of spots where you can grab something inexpensive.

At the same time don't forget to take your new wife to a nice place for dinner once in a while :)

You and your wife will be fine. Enjoy :)

At the same time don't forget to take your new wife to a nice place for sinner once in a while  :)

You and your wife will be fine. Enjoy  :)

You can also apply some of the basic rules to inexpensive dating: Before going out to dinner with your woman, eat dinner. That way you'll only need a salad at the restuarant or an appertizer and she'll be too embarassed to eat more than you. Also tell her you want to be sober for later - she won't drink if you don't - and that way you'll save on the drinks as well.

Liverpool is in England, it's a few hours from London so I doubt that, that will be possible. Anyway, have a very nice time!

JS.

how can you survive on a small budget in Europe?

I wish I knew the answer to that myself.

As for places to go in Paris in a day, I went last year for a few days but in one day, I'd say you'd have the time to go to;

Champs-Elys

"You can also apply some of the basic rules to inexpensive dating: Before going out to dinner with your woman, eat dinner. That way you'll only need a salad at the restuarant or an appertizer and she'll be too embarassed to eat more than you. Also tell her you want to be sober for later - she won't drink if you don't - and that way you'll save on the drinks as well."

I like your way of thinking

You can also apply some of the basic rules to inexpensive dating: Before going out to dinner with your woman, eat dinner. That way you'll only need a salad at the restuarant or an appertizer and she'll be too embarassed to eat more than you. Also tell her you want to be sober for later - she won't drink if you don't - and that way you'll save on the drinks as well.

hehe :P thats a good piece of advice

As for England, there is an F1 shop on Carnaby Street, Alex Reade Motorsport, and thats where I got my 1/18 scale F2002. I would reccomend, for London, to go to the Tower of London, the Beefeaters know a lot of stuff.

London has many things, although it takes a bit of faffing around to get to them as the sights aren't all in a cleek.

The Dome, Parliament/Big Ben and trafalgar sqaure are a must see. A romantic spot could be the prime-meridian in Grenwich.

JS.

I've not really been to london for sights or anything, I went once to the globe and we went past a few of the sights in the coach and I went to the millennium dome when it was open with a friend for her birthday, which was quite good, don't know why so many people said it was Sh#t. London to me is just an over expensive thoroughfare for my trips over the channel to continental Europe.

As for England, there is an F1 shop on Carnaby Street, Alex Reade Motorsport, and thats where I got my 1/18 scale F2002. I would reccomend, for London, to go to the Tower of London, the Beefeaters know a lot of stuff.

Indeed, carnaby street has some bloody good shops. Its just off regent street which also is very close to oxford street.So thats where you ant to go to do any shopping! My auntie lives about 2 mins away from the bbc broadcasting house at the end of regent street, and i go see here all the time. Ive been pratically everywhere in london, and i would also advise you to take a look at covent garden, go see a musical, go to tower bridge, and go to some of the galleries. Luckily the west end all leads on to anothe rthing, so if you go west down oxford street, then turn south and youll get into soho, then from teher go straight down still by the palace theatre (where les Mis was for years) and carry on south then youll get to china town and leicester square, now if ytou turn west again and carry on down youll reach covent garden. If go south through leceister square and down youll end up in trafalga square which i a stones throw away from the houses of parliament, cross over the bridge and youll reach the london eye, aquarium, saatchi gallery etc!