Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Michelin Leaving After 2006?

I read in the Eurosport online Commentary that Michelin are going to announce their departure from F1 after spa due toMosley's comment about having a single manufacturer in 2008.

Good riddance!

You're wrong but that would be great for F1 in the long term. It would be better of course to get rid of both suppliers and bring in a new one.

wrong about what?

I have mailed the eurosport commentary guy, let me see if I get a response.

I hold you responsible for the rubbish you post in the forum, even if you cite the media as the source of it.

You brought in an utterly irrelevent personal remark in response to me posting a comment from a media source. I repeat I demand you apologize for that.

You brought in an utterly irrelevent personal remark in response to me posting a comment from a media source. I repeat I demand you apologize for that.

I told you, and I stand by this, that I will hold you responsible for the material you post in the forum whether you cite a source or not. By posting it, you sign you name to it. I probably shouldn't have included the term 'rubbish' because you do make some quality contributions in this forum but that is exactly what you posted here. So if you want an apology, it will be limited to the exclusion of the term rubbish from the above.

I told you, and I stand by this, that I will hold you responsible for the material you post in the forum whether you cite a source or not.

Do you have a good reason to believe that this item is baseless?

I probably shouldn't have included the term 'rubbish'

I suppose that is the closest anyone ever got to getting an apology out of you.

No loss to me, I always have one duel or another ongoing but I would rather concentrate on today's race than a nonsense news piece.

Bajo, you disapoint, did you not pick up on the "pistola" as I attempted to bring a chuckle to this? ;)

No duel ? <_<

Sorry Cav but a race/lap comment isn't much of a source, now if it was in an official press release that would add to it. B)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bajo, you disapoint, did you not pick up on the "pistola" as I attempted to bring a chuckle to this? ;)

Oh I'm sorry, I did not. You are too witty for me after having gone to bed at four and then gotten up 6 to catch GP2 and F1. What am I telling you for though, on the West Coast it is even worse!

Bajo just what is wrong with you.  It wasn't what he said, he provided a source.  Just because you feel the need to be a patronizing pillock to most of the posters on here you say that bulls##t.

If you post it, you are in effect endorsing what is being said. I shouldn't have used the term 'rubbish' to describe Cavallino's posts but I don't think I'm wrong about this...

Oh I'm sorry, I did not.  You are too witty for me after having gone to bed at four and then gotten up 6 to catch GP2 and F1.  What am I telling you for though, on the West Coast it is even worse!

Yep 3:30am and 4:30 for F1 you get used to it and make sure you also dvr it in case you nod off ;)

Yep 3:30am and 4:30 for F1  you get used to it and make sure you also dvr it in  case you nod off ;)

Yeah I fell asleep during the latter laps of the Gp this morning but caught the rerun and missed nothing. You DVR all the GP? I may have to get one of them things...

You DVR all the GP?  I may have to get one of them things...

It is a most wise investment..........

It's a godsend for anything that you want to watch when away or not as when you go to watch you just buzz through the annoying comercials(Texas meth Tails, Pinks etc.)..........

Sorry Cav but a race/lap comment isn't much of a source, now if it was in an official press release that would add to it.

ah yeah I missed your edit, thanks for bumping it.

well the wording of the comment in the race sounded confident, I expected a news item post race on the site. its absence indicates that they probably jumped the gun as many F1 sites are liable to do ( eg grandprix.com coming out before the BMW press conference to say that they are not buying off BMW). nothing wrong with posting it though, as others have done with other speculation in the past.

anyway my objection was to Bajo calling all my posts rubbish, which he has said he was wrong to, so that matter is closed. no duels ;) join our minardi vs jordan / monteiro vs karthikeyan arguments for more bajo vs cavallino action, that is likely to atleast continue to the end of the season. B)

am trying to get a reply from Barry Thomas (the eurosport guy) anyway <_< , I'd love to see michelin go.