Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Heidfeld Signs With Bmw For 2006

Heidfeld has driven for Williams this season and the Grove-based team held an option for him for 2006.

However, with Williams hoping to have Jenson Button to partner Mark Webber next year, Heidfeld was surplus to requirements and has instead signed a long-term deal with BMW.

The German car giant announced on Friday their long-term deal with Heidfeld, which will start next season. And the German is looking forward to a future with the new team, formed after BMW bought out Peter Sauber's team.

"I'm really looking forward to the future. As far as I'm concerned, this represents the fulfilment of a big dream," Heidfeld said.

"I have a great deal of respect for the work carried out in Hinwil from 2001 to 2003."

"And for nearly a year now, I've experienced at first hand the commitment and resources BMW puts into its Formula One project."

He added: "Naturally, I'm not expecting a miracle during the first season after a new start in 2006. But I'm confident that the new team will be successful over the long term.{

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen added: "For us, a new era in Formula 1 will begin on 1 January 2006 when BMW takes over the team operated by Peter Sauber."

"We are very pleased that Nick will be with us in what will undoubtedly be a difficult initial phase."

"He is not simply a fast and courageous driver, he is also an analytical and meticulous worker. Nick already knows the two sites in Munich and Hinwil, and is familiar with everybody involved."

Yea, I've just read this article and its great news as I really respect Nick and wish him all the best!

[quote name='Ash' date='Sep 16 2005, 09:37 PM']Yea, I've just read this article and its great news as I really respect Nick and wish him all the best!
[right][post="69373"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Well it's not like it wasn't expected by I'm glad for nick. He is one of my favourite drivers.

Before Williams picked him he was simply a substitute and a good driver that lost his track, now he is a fantastic driver, people change their opinion so quickly... good luck Nick, i appreciated all you