Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mars99

Narain To Drive For Midland In 2006

1st of all, Narain didn't crash on the staraight.... on the way out of the previous turn to that long straight,

left tyres of the cars went off track, n he said that due to artificial grass, car lost its grip... n he was sucked into the wall...

all the images posted by ppl are of AFTER the crash!! n he didn't BLAME the cold tyres, he blamed the ARTIFICIAL GRASS!

senna did u even watch the race!!! u said that he crashed on a straight road!!!! he went off track on the turn itself!!!!!

So it's the artificial grass' fault then?

So it's the artificial grass' fault then?

Hi, I havent posted to the board in a while. As most of you know I have been busy and F1 has been taking a back seat in my life in the last year.

I would just like to comment on the baseless rumours tha Narain is going to Midland in 2006. I can confirm that he is not.

Granted my access to the inner Midland cricles are nothing like my knowledge of jordan ( :D ) (which has taken a bit of a knock in the last 11 months or so), but still the usual sources are active.

Despite some real talent, which he failed to display sadly, Narain has a zero percent chance of driving a race seat for midland next year, and the reasons for this should be obvious. They are purely performance related and with respect to himself, his sponsors, and fans he is not a driver to take the team forward into 2006.

regards to all

edj

Hi, I havent posted to the board in a while. As most of you know I have been busy and F1 has been taking a back seat in my life in the last year.

I would just like to comment on the baseless rumours tha Narain is going to Midland in 2006. I can confirm that he is not.

Granted my access to the inner Midland cricles are nothing like my knowledge of jordan ( :D ) (which has taken a bit of a knock in the last 11 months or so), but still the usual sources are active.

Despite some real talent, which he failed to display sadly, Narain has a zero percent chance of driving a race seat for midland next year, and the reasons for this should be obvious. They are purely performance related and with respect to himself, his sponsors, and fans he is not a driver to take the team forward into 2006.

regards to all

edj

Interesting.

So Midland wil be serious about racing next year and remove Narain Karthikeyan from their drivers lineup?

Interesting.

So Midland wil be serious about racing next year and remove Narain Karthikeyan from their drivers lineup?

If so, why did they make an approach for Takuma Sato? Midland is not serious about F1, they never were.

actually,in the season reviev of jordan (which i have posted on a thread in f1 discussions narain says that china monaco and canada were his mistakes (1) while baharain and silverstone he had mechanical problem and electrical failure (nothing to do with him ,just that the casr failed! badluck?)and he does not blame the cold tyres he only says that due to the cold tyres he undrsteered at turn 13 (2)but in the live broadcast the impact is shown only from the moment when he makes the contact with the tyre wall and perhaps after the race itv understandably did not feel it necessary to show the replays from the drivers angle(camera on the car)or else it would have been clear that he understeered at turn 13 and due to lack of any grip on the artificial grass he hit the tyre wall at some distance from the turn as he was travelling at 300kmph

(1) What about Germany when he left the track on the left of a straight and, when trying to return to the circuit, he immediately left the track on the right! This was in the race after he posted one of the worst qualifying laps I have ever seen, it was so bad he rightfully abandoned it and returned to the pits.

(2) ! Is that not blaming cold tyres?

Well Senna to be fair I think it was approx 45.7% the cold tyres' fault and 54.3% of the blame must go to the artificial grass. You are surely not suggesting he should have known in advance about these factors are you? Regarding your first point its a pity he doesn't abandon his F1 career altogether.

I'm not saying Karthy is brilliant or megafast, etc - but it wouldn't harm F1 if he got the drive again.

He is paving the way for people of all colours, races and religion to drive in the sport. Well done to him for keeping such a level head in a sport that is predominantly caucasian.

He could have easily finished up a washout.

Well Senna to be fair I think it was approx 45.7% the cold tyres' fault and 54.3% of the blame must go to the artificial grass. You are surely not suggesting he should have known in advance about these factors are you? Regarding your first point its a pity he doesn't abandon his F1 career altogether.

In fairness, Narain was right to expect that at the pinnacle of motor racing, where everything down to the air in the tyres is of superlative quality, that the artificial grass would have a reasonable level of grip - I am flabbergasted why it did not. Perhaps the FIA should sanction the Chinese for not preparing grippier grass? Narain has made a poor career, but a career nonetheless, of making use of parts of the track others would not even think of, e.g. the extensive areas adjacent to straighaways, the wonderful beaches in the corners, etc, and it is grossly unfair for the Chinese to have disadvantaged him in this way. One even suspects that it was a deliberate attempt to undermine the Indian. Afterall, China and India are fierce rivals.

If so, why did they make an approach for Takuma Sato? Midland is not serious about F1, they never were.

I was being sarcastic, of course Midland is not serious about racing. If Narain does not get the drive, it is because his sponsors lost the auction and not because he is a terrible, dangerous driver that embarasses the team, the sponsors and the sport.

I'm not saying Karthy is brilliant or megafast

I should hope not!

but it wouldn't harm F1 if he got the drive again.

Yes it would. Aside from the danger of him injuring himself, other drivers, marshals or spectators, his presence in F1 brings the sport into the worst disrepute. How can F1 claim to be the pinnacle of motor-racing when some of its drivers are second-rate?

He is paving the way for people of all colours, races and religion to drive in the sport. Well done to him for keeping such a level head in a sport that is predominantly caucasian.

What rubbish! Were he in F1 on merit you could make this argument but he is not. In reality, he is damaging the cause of Asian drivers by colouring them as token participants.

Indeed Bajo. I heard a rumour that the chinese took their rivalry with India to unprecedented heights by using their high tech industry to engineer grass that grips less for yellow cars. Mr Singh is expected to raise the issue at the UN shortly.

I see your point Girl_Racer but I must respectfully disagree. Letting a menace like Karty pass for an F1 driver just because of his "race" is not the way to go imo.

Hello, Bajo!!

Token participant? For one - there has never been an Indian driver in F1 to my recollection. Somebody somewhere one day had to get the drive.

If - and I stress IF he got a drive at a top team such as McLaren - and did extremely well - would you be so critical of him then?

Token participant. That makes me laugh. Somebody had to start somewhere, and Narain Karthikeyan was it.

But, I don't disrespect your opinion. :)

No mate, I'm English.

Indeed Bajo. I heard a rumour that the chinese took their rivalry with India to unprecedented heights by using their high tech industry to engineer grass that grips less for yellow cars. Mr Singh is expected to raise the issue at the UN shortly.

I see your point Girl_Racer but I must respectfully disagree. Letting a menace like Karty pass for an F1 driver just because of his "race" is not the way to go imo.

Eureka! That

Hello, Bajo!!

Token participant? For one - there has never been an Indian driver in F1 to my recollection. Somebody somewhere one day had to get the drive.

If - and I stress IF he got a drive at a top team such as McLaren - and did extremely well - would you be so critical of him then?

Token participant. That makes me laugh. Somebody had to start somewhere, and Narain Karthikeyan was it.

But, I don't disrespect your opinion. :)

Hello Girl_Racer...

Token participant, yes Narain is a token participant by virtue of the fact that he is in F1 solely because he is Indian. If he was a great driver, I would not consider him to be a token particpant, obviously. If he did well, I would be glad for it as that would only increase the level of competition in F1 which is always good.

Thats cool, Murray Walker. No problem!

This forum, if you look past the Button bashing (KIDDING, GUYS!!) is actually pretty darn good. A lot of good points have been made here.

Yes, that is my way of saying I see your point ;)

(Yes, Bajo. Means you too!!! :D )

Got that right, Senna!

A bit off topic, but was reading in the paper today that the words BC (as in Before Christ) are to be removed in favour of the words BP (Before Present), by these do-gooder people who fear that ethnic groups take offence to it.

What next?

Do tell us more Senna. I was not aware that Montoya had committed another faux pas at the Chinese GP to add to the season-long littany of mistakes on his record. How embarrassing for him to have driven over an exposed drain, that's a terrible mistake for an ordinary road driver let alone an supposed F1 ace.

Montoya Hits Drain Cover

Do tell us more Senna. I was not aware that Montoya had committed another faux pas at the Chinese GP to add to the season-long littany of mistakes on his record. How embarrassing for him to have driven over an exposed drain, that's a terrible mistake for an ordinary road driver let alone an supposed F1 ace.

You sound surprised Dan!

Btw Girl_Racer, I am all in favour of diversity too. It would be a very good thing if India produced a talented driver, not least because then nobody would sponsor Karty.

You sound surprised Dan!

I am not really suprised but that tone was necessary to illustrate to the new F1 followers and the uninformed, such as comprise the Montoya fan club, how pathetic that mistake was. You must understand Murray that the Montoya fans actually believe their man is an F1 ace, a top driver, and so it is out of sympathy for their misguided faith that I pretended to be surprised. Genuine surprise would come from me if Montoya did not make an horrendous mistake during a GP.

Well said Dan. We must all be vigilant for Monty fanatics lurking about the nether regions of the forum. They prey on newbies late at night when no one is watching...