Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mars99

Narain To Drive For Midland In 2006

yup its great news!!! i am very happy too. Well i have a trusted source...actually a guy very close to narain and has been with him throughout his career. Till now he has been giving all the news and they have been very accurate. So consider this piece of news authentic. You will hear the announcement very soon. Go narain!

by the way it is true that williams test seat was being considered too....but i think its better to see narain racing then testing. that wat narain must have considered too...so good he will be racing:-)

TM on the midland team getting very possible too....wait for the official news short time

yup its great news!!! i am very happy too. Well i have a trusted source...actually a guy very close to narain and has been with him throughout his career. Till now he has been giving all the news and they have been very accurate. So consider this piece of news authentic. You will hear the announcement very soon. Go narain!

by the way it is true that williams test seat was being considered too....but i think its better to see narain racing then testing. that wat narain must have considered too...so good he will be racing:-)

TM on the midland team getting very possible too....wait for the official news short time

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!

if u know, when r they going to announce the news??? did they already sign narain or are they abt to sign him?

GR8 news for all the NK fans...(or indian F1 fans.....)

the news is on f1racing.net that ALBERS signed a 2 year deal with MIDLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

wat abt NARAIN!!!!!!!!!!

mars99, now tell us if this is just a fake news!!!!!!!

guys i know albers signed the deal...but just wait for a few days. its a matter of when and not if midland sign narain. all the sponsors have now agreed to back narain and the deal is to be sealed very soon (in next few days).....its great news for narain fans and i am also waiting for the official news. but believe me it will be very soon.

or lets see if albers really did!!???

guys i know albers signed the deal...but just wait for a few days. its a matter of when and not if midland sign narain. all the sponsors have now agreed to back narain and the deal is to be sealed very soon (in next few days).....its great news for narain fans and i am also waiting for the official news. but believe me it will be very soon.

or lets see if albers really did!!???

How much is it this year?

B) No doubt it'll be $30 mil plus, good lord he's a hero in India :wacko::wacko:

B) No doubt it'll be $30 mil plus, good lord he's a hero in India :wacko::wacko:

he has such a HUGE fan base here in india, that his sponsors r ready to pay any mount just to see him race,

+ his sponsors TATA GROUP, might b plannin of launching their cars in other countries so they r ready to pay any amount!

n common! every driver has sponsors that go with the driver when he changes the team! its not only Narain! its just that NK has a HUGE sponsorship backing...

he has such a HUGE fan base here in india, that his sponsors r ready to pay any mount just to see him race,

+ his sponsors TATA GROUP, might b plannin of launching their cars in other countries so they r ready to pay any amount!

n common! every driver has sponsors that go with the driver when he changes the team! its not only Narain! its just that NK has a HUGE sponsorship backing...

If they are willing to spend that kind of money why not put it toward a worthy driver?

one of the most ludicrous posts i have ever read .narain could have got a race seat in 2003-04 but for the dearth of sponsors. because of lack of sponsors he lost out to the hungarian last season as the hungarian outbid him! .and you claim he has huge backing.the tatas are a century old enterprise who have been so successful because of the sound business sense their decisions make!they wouldn't sponsor a driver jst to launch a car in some other countries.any way this is not the first time you have posted absolute rubbish.a few weeks back you posted that toyota engines are crap.at that time i had corrected you ,i wont bother to henceforth.because anyone who doesnt know that toyota engines have been the most reliable and fast.......if anything it is the aero side of toyota where there is room for improvement ,as even their chief enggineer acknowledged

one of the most ludicrous posts i have ever read .narain could not get a race seat in 2003-04 but for the dearth ofsponsors. because of lack of sponsors he lost out to the hungarian last season as the hungarian outbid him! .and you claim he has huge backing.the tatas are a century old enterprise who have been so successful because of the sound business sense their decisions make!they wouldn't sponsor a driver jst to launch a car in some other countries.any way this is not the first time you have posted absolute rubbish.a few weeks back you posted that toyota engines are crap.at that time i had corrected you ,i wont bother to henceforth.because anyone who doesnt know that toyota engines have been the most reliable and fast.......if anything it is the aero side of toyota where there is room for improvement ,as even their chief enggineer acknowledged

Indeed...................

one of the most ludicrous posts i have ever read .narain could have got a race seat in 2003-04 but for the dearth of sponsors. because of lack of sponsors he lost out to the hungarian last season as the hungarian outbid him! .and you claim he has huge backing.the tatas are a century old enterprise who have been so successful because of the sound business sense their decisions make!they wouldn't sponsor a driver jst to launch a car in some other countries.any way this is not the first time you have posted absolute rubbish.a few weeks back you posted that toyota engines are crap.at that time i had corrected you ,i wont bother to henceforth.because anyone who doesnt know that toyota engines have been the most reliable and fast.......if anything it is the aero side of toyota where there is room for improvement ,as even their chief enggineer acknowledged

o common! i said that the toyota engines on the jordans r crap. n i still think that they r! toyota doesn't give the same engine to the jordans that they use for TF105!!!!!! Toyota engine which was used for TF105 was competitive and fast ok! they probable gave the jordans a modified version of engine on TF104 which sucked in terms of power output and speed!

i didn't say that they weren't reliable...i had said that they r not fast enough!

even the minardis were able to catch the jordans!!!!!!

TATA and SPEED, JKTYRE were sponsors of NK in 2003-04 too! they couldn't approve such huge sponsorship in such short time.

ofcourse launching their cars in other countries in not the only reason they are sponsoring NK! the basic reson y companies give money to such events is for their OWN publicity!!! there is no other reason! they r sponsoring him cause they see their own profit in future by sponsoring NK now! ofcourse in INDIA everybody knows the TATAs! but in other countries ppl dont know them!

that is correct and that time he had to give Paul Stoddart somewhere in the range of $2 million.....which i might add he could'nt get and Zsolt Baumgartner was backed by the Hungarian Government and they gave him $4 mill so Narain lost out on a higher bid last last even though Paul said he would have liked to sign Narain. But then as for this time, i am by no way sure what the amount is but seeing last time i suspect it might have been Rs 30 crores rather than $ 30 million but i am by no means sure

MIDLAND have confirmed ALBERS for 2006 and 2007!!!

mars99, when are midland gona declare their other driver? ask ur reliable source again....

now there is only 1 seat NK can get if he wants to race.....the other seat at midland...

n 3 drivers r fightin for it.... TM,NK,sato....

any1 has idea abt when r midland gona declare their 2nd driver?

poor albers, a 2 year contract with the now worst team on the grid is terrible

indeed....we dont know yet how midland will perform next year! even squadra toro rosso could beat midland next year as it is taken over by REDBULL. if midland comes out to be the worst, he is stuck with them for 2 years!

that is correct and that time he had to give Paul Stoddart somewhere in the range of $2 million.....which i might add he could'nt get and Zsolt Baumgartner was backed by the Hungarian Government and they gave him $4 mill so Narain lost out on a higher bid last last even though Paul said he would have liked to sign Narain. But then as for this time, i am by no way sure what the amount is but seeing last time i suspect it might have been Rs 30 crores rather than $ 30 million but i am by no means sure

yeah ,30 crores was reported by the times of india long back!

o common! i said that the toyota engines on the jordans r crap. n i still think that they r! toyota doesn't give the same engine to the jordans that they use for TF105!!!!!! Toyota engine which was used for TF105 was competitive and fast ok! they probable gave the jordans a modified version of engine on TF104 which sucked in terms of power output and speed!

i didn't say that they weren't reliable...i had said that they r not fast enough!

even the minardis were able to catch the jordans!!!!!!

TATA and SPEED, JKTYRE were sponsors of NK in 2003-04 too! they couldn't approve such huge sponsorship in such short time.

ofcourse launching their cars in other countries in not the only reason they are sponsoring NK! the basic reson y companies give money to such events is for their OWN publicity!!! there is no other reason! they r sponsoring him cause they see their own profit in future by sponsoring NK now! ofcourse in INDIA everybody knows the TATAs! but in other countries ppl dont know them!

i can give you a link to that thread .you said the toyota engines are crap.thats it(no mention of tf105....).and they have given jordan the latest spec engines .if they would have given last year's engines the toyota would have blown up for more than half of the races as the engines (most of the parts)were designed to last only 750 kms and this year they have to last 1500 kms

as for the straight line sped of the minardis,the cosworth engines,no doubt have made a lot of progress compared to last year and the minardis have since the first day been known for their straight line speed simply because they lack downforce not deliberately just because of rule changes, it is the high downforce sections where .....if you remember on more than 1 ocassion one of the saubers(jv) has been stuck behind a minardi because of the straight line speed and not being able to follow the minardi closely enough through the corners

well i dont really care for what the anti-narain guys have to say. but take it this way you will be watching him race next year and there is nothing you all can do but sit and watch him and the worst that can happen for you is come to this website to get your anger out from you silly lives.

By the way if you think narain paid $30 million!!!, one thing you have definitely proved that you know very little about F1. I mean you must be thoroughly nuts to put that figure. hahahahah its laughable....so cut that out and dont show off your stupidity. Just for letting you know its much (much!) less than that.

its fresh news guys!!!!!

In recent talks with other teams Narain has just been offered test role with Toyota (with Williams also being considered). But Toyota are willing to pay for the seat and it could be for 2-3 years!!! this could be a great opportunity for him. I wuld love to see him race but Toyota is much better team. Narain said that he wanted to spend time with a better team then pay money to Midland as they might get him nowhere. There are lot of discussions going on at the moment and to be honest Midland are behind him to sign the contract but narain is holding back at moment.

He seems more inclined to Toyota...couldnt tell you before as this is very recent development or maybe kept very secret. Tiago is on the line with the money for Midland too. So this is getting hot now...lets see what happens but will know very shortly. Seems toyota is where narain might head after all. Will keep you guys posted.

well i dont really care for what the anti-narain guys have to say. but take it this way you will be watching him race next year and there is nothing you all can do but sit and watch him and the worst that can happen for you is come to this website to get your anger out from you silly lives.

By the way if you think narain paid $30 million!!!, one thing you have definitely proved that you know very little about F1. I mean you must be thoroughly nuts to put that figure. hahahahah its laughable....so cut that out and dont show off your stupidity. Just for letting you know its much (much!) less than that.

its fresh news guys!!!!!

In recent talks with other teams Narain has just been offered test role with Toyota (with Williams also being considered). But Toyota are willing to pay for the seat and it could be for 2-3 years!!! this could be a great opportunity for him. I wuld love to see him race but Toyota is much better team. Narain said that he wanted to spend time with a better team then pay money to Midland as they might get him nowhere. There are lot of discussions going on at the moment and to be honest Midland are behind him to sign the contract but narain is holding back at moment.

He seems more inclined to Toyota...couldnt tell you before as this is very recent development or maybe kept very secret. Tiago is on the line with the money for Midland too. So this is getting hot now...lets see what happens but will know very shortly. Seems toyota is where narain might head after all. Will keep you guys posted.

:o narain should go for a racing seat right now... cause he is never going to get a racing seat at toyota atleast for another 3 years. he can sign contract with any racing seat offered to him, n try to impress other teams for next season!

:o narain should go for a racing seat right now... cause he is never going to get a racing seat at toyota atleast for another 3 years. he can sign contract with any racing seat offered to him, n try to impress other teams for next season!

i agree there chintan 123..but lets see what happens. I am sure narain knows what he is doing.he is meeting lots of people at the moment. Considering his age he should go for the race seat but if toyota can offer for flexible contract not bad then. but lets hope for the best

i agree there chintan 123..but lets see what happens. I am sure narain knows what he is doing.he is meeting lots of people at the moment. Considering his age he should go for the race seat but if toyota can offer for flexible contract not bad then. but lets hope for the best

yea! cause once he goes into test driving for big teams, i dont think any big team will give a him a racing seat after that too! look at montagny, he has been renault test driver since 2003 n still after this, no big team is offering him the racing seat, the teams that will give him a racing seat are teams like Jordan n temas of that level!

against this, look at fisichella, he never took any test driving seat after 1997, he kept on racing, n now look, he is with the world champions!

narain should not take a testing seat right now...he should go for 1 year racing seat at Midland...not for 2 years like Albers!

Narain at Toyota?

All the money in Indian...