Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Toyota's New Greeblie

Ok, I thought I'd do something different than the 'personality show' stuff on drivers, so here's a technical observation and question.

Look at this pic of the latest aero-configuration of the Toyota...

34397_2.jpg

Edit: This was just too damned embarrassing to let stand. I'll keep the photo up as a personal lesson in humility, but the comments I made here were too much!

puma didnt we see the greeblie on the toyota way before this week, even before Gascoyne left, I think they are hunting for every possibility of downforce

puma didnt we see the greeblie on the toyota way before this week, even before Gascoyne left, I think they are hunting for every possibility of downforce

Edit: Yuppers, sliderule, we did... :bag:

ha ha ha. are you new to f1? relax mate its a tf105 and yes i mean JUST tf105, its not even the TF105B. anyway you can see that its not even a no-keel design at the front. that car in the picture is like over 1 year old now...

Oh for God's sakes.... :blush:

No, I am not new to F1. I am, however quite embarrased by this little goof. Damned itv put that pic up for it's testing article and the aero-bit intrigued me, so I posted in the hopes of sparking some discussion.

I never even looked at the rest of the car.

Crap. Thank you for not rubbing that in. I'm sure others will, though :D

Edit: Welcome, btw :welcome: . Rest assured we are more on the ball here than I proved with this thread! Stick around some and find out.

yer L0l. thankz for the welcome. anyway you could of just looked at the ''KARCHER'' sign on the car, coz they are not on the car in '06

yer L0l. thankz for the welcome. anyway you could of just looked at the ''KARCHER'' sign on the car, coz they are not on the car in '06

Yeah and certain sponsors on the 'nose' aren't there as well. As I said, I didn't look at the rest of the car. Ah well, crap happens :D

just thought KARCHER is very clear to see in the picture while the sponsors on the nose cant be seen in the picture. like the Karcher sign like in the middle of the picture

You sure stepped in it, didn't you B)

I notice a couple of humps where the front pushrods go into the upper part of the chassismuch like the Williams of 1997-98 on the Toyota's recent Paul Ricard Circuit pictures.

why do they even call it 106b, it looks more like a 107 to me, the only real simmalarity is the helmit sitting in the car

just thought KARCHER is very clear to see in the picture while the sponsors on the nose cant be seen in the picture. like the Karcher sign like in the middle of the picture

No, I believe there are some sponsors up high on the nose, right at the top of the red 'swash'.