Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackgarrett

Why I F1 About 5-10 Second A Lap Faster Than Gp2?

Why is F1 about 5-10 second a lap faster than GP2?

I just cheacked out GP2 site and they got 5 things that beats F1 in speed.

1. The car is lighter

2. the car has more toque

3. they have a 4L V8

4. they have slicks

5. They have skirts!

The current levels of aerodynamic development in F1 compared to the moderate amount in GP2 make the difference. Greater aero-efficiency enable the F1 cars to corner far past what the GP2 cars are capable of. Also there are differences in engine power (HP) which also contributes to it.

The current levels of aerodynamic development in F1 compared to the moderate amount in GP2 make the difference. Greater aero-efficiency enable the F1 cars to corner far past what the GP2 cars are capable of. Also there are differences in engine power (HP) which also contributes to it.

I think GP2 has something like 600hp engines.

They also lack traction control and all that, right?

they have more torque than f1???? :unsure:

The current levels of aerodynamic development in F1 compared to the moderate amount in GP2 make the difference. Greater aero-efficiency enable the F1 cars to corner far past what the GP2 cars are capable of.

Yeah and they also make the difference to the quality of racing of course!

they have more torque than f1???? :unsure:

Where'd you get that from? Certainly not my post....

I don't know if the GP2 cars have more torque than an F1 car, but they certainly have less HP and that makes a difference in lap times.