Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperKimi

Btcc Discussion.

Does anyone here watch BTCC? I do. I support the SEATS and the BMW's. Is anyone going to Donnington Park to watch them this weekend. I am

Does anyone here watch BTCC? I do. I support the SEATS and the BMW's. Is anyone going to Donnington Park to watch them this weekend. I am

I would if we could get decent coverage here in the US. See other rants for more ranting...

I understand if you don't get coverage there, because it's the british touring cars, and you live in america. Can't wait till sunday, i take some pictures and post them hhere when they are uploaded

Sounds good :thbup:

Hope you enjoy the races.

Perhaps it is sensible to not have BTCC coverage, but NASCAR coverage is international, and that's basically American Touring Cars, just on ovals with uglier cars. Of course, I've got a lot on my plate, so I guess I don't NEED to see BTCC.

-Eric

Sounds good :thbup:

Hope you enjoy the races.

Perhaps it is sensible to not have BTCC coverage, but NASCAR coverage is international, and that's basically American Touring Cars, just on ovals with uglier cars. Of course, I've got a lot on my plate, so I guess I don't NEED to see BTCC.

-Eric

Err ... I'll have to respectfully disagree with you there ... We have the ALMS GT classes and Speed World Challenge for "American Touring Cars." The only reason NASCAB runs road courses (the few that they do) is to try to suck in a bit more market share. The cars look like damn whales on road courses, nearly as bad as the Injury League cars do. Proof that it takes a different chassis to run an oval than a road course ... Also note that the two road courses that NASCAB runs on are owned by corporations that own many of the major ovals in this country ... Not sure what any of this means. Never mind. :blush:

BTCC is really good, Fabrizio Givornardi and Jason Plato (top 2 in the championship" are really close

Plato has an ego the size of Texas, and his driving is a bit "robust" for my tastes. A bit like John Cleland was. Do you remember Cleland, and Harvey, and the late Will Hoy?

Not really, i was a bit to young to remember.

You expect contact in the british touring cars though, it's part of the BTCC ;)