Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yoda McFly

Corporate Control?

So, I'm finally getting around to watching the DVR-ed coverage of the ALMS race from Mid-Ohio last weekend ...

During the opening "blah", there is a comment to the effect of "there are a lot of CEO's here this weekend, and they will be reporting back to their boards on the success ... or failure ... of their brands this weekend."

Is it just me, or is this pretty much proof that it's becoming more and more of a business?

Amateur Racing FTW! :mf_tongue:

Agreed. But we knew it anyway, didn't we?

Indeed........................

Call me Captain Obvious, you must. Drop this rant, I cannot ... Feck.

Amateur Racing FTW! :mf_tongue:

Sort of. I'm an amateur racer myself, and we're always out there looking for sponsors, and a lot of potential sponsors are around the garage. We're here to make money because if we don't, we don't get to race.

Sad truth is it's a business at every level, just dealing with less money in the lower ranks.

Sort of. I'm an amateur racer myself, and we're always out there looking for sponsors, and a lot of potential sponsors are around the garage. We're here to make money because if we don't, we don't get to race.

Sad truth is it's a business at every level, just dealing with less money in the lower ranks.

Believe me, I know how much it costs to run my kart. And, the reason I run a kart is because I can run it for much less than it would cost to build any kind of car.

That was more of a rhetorical plea for the old days when *everyone* was an amateur.