Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amjay

Mc Laren --- A Dissappointment

i'm a Mc laren fan and seriously they were no where near the race pace...wats going on and how is it with the budget they are having kimi's car can break down besides even if it didnt i dun see how kimi would have finished any higher than 8th.....if the whole season is to go the way the aussie GP went then Mc laren should concentrate on 2005 and gettin montoya a good car.....

If I was Montoya I would be worrying if I had made the right move in moving to a less competitive car for next year...

Let's hope they improve for the racing's sake.

I am a Mclaren nut but must say that im dissapointed as it seems that every year we concentrate more on the year after . I think we should sit down and work on a car to the max before getting one just finished and creating the next model for the next seasons .

One thing i can say is that next year , Montoya will be on our side and if Ron says to push it to 5 , he will push it to 7 so as far as what our car will be designed to do , he will show us what it can do and i think this will be good for Mclaren as it will be a wake up to their engineers and make them work on a car that will endure a hard driver .

Just gotten home from a few too many drinks and maybee i havnt explained myself properly but im sure people know what i mean .

signed .... frustrated mclaren nut .

I’m certain that Australia did not show the true pace of McLaren and they will bounce back at Malaysia with a good points finish for both cars. Kimi was right to worry about reliability in pre-season testing though wasn’t he?

Kimi was right to worry about reliability in pre-season testing though wasn

Amjay . Well put and i agree 100% but to source the best people you need the money . Im sure the best people would have their price if offered to come over to another team .

Write Mclaren off ????

I will say yes to the championship but no for some competition in the rest of the field this year . I guess we have to consider new rules and all the obstacles that go with them and give them a few races to work out a few things ( i say that for all teams ) .

In saying this , Ferrari just hit the hammer on the head first go and can now work on climbing the ladder from the top allready .

A dissappointing start to the F1 season for all McLaren fans, I have to agree, however last year it was quite different with DC winning the f1rst race.I think give them a chance to settle into the new season and being the optimist I believe things will improve!

8)Face it McLaren's got big problems the engines while having some decent power have not been the same since the loss of Mario and the buy out/take over by M. B. and N. Hauge, and as far as technicle people go they poached Ferraris gearbox guru, and interesting to note that Ferrari had been toying with the twin clutch system and deemed it not worth the effort and now the same guy seems to made it work for McLaren, and Ferrari also lost an Electric whiz and a top areo person but Ferrari are like the old style warrior where they lined up in rows and you picked off the guys in front and the guy behind steps up to take his turn in the carnage.

Just my opinon but I think Ron should have spent a little less on the "spaceship" and more on the guts so to speak to get into orbit, hell the 19's just a reworked over 18 which means ole Mr. Newey has had damn near 2 yrs. to get it on the track kicking butt, he ought to do the only decent thing and throw hisself of the roof, because they got sent to the wood shed and got spanked!!! hard I sure expected more from them! If I was Ron my voice still would be shot after the a## chewing I would've dished out! :oops: :oops:

I did say heads should roll if the 18, sorry 19, is not up to scratch even dominating, right from race 1. With a two year gestation. And it clearly did dominate race one didn't it :oops:

Kimi was fastest in second practice

ITV-F1.com:

Kimi Raikkonen was cautiously optimistic after topping Friday practice at Sepang.

The young Finn bounced back from his disappointing retirement in Melbourne to set the fastest time of the day.

He said: "A productive practice session, and of course it's pleasing to be fastest, but it's still early days. We went through our tyre evaluation programme, and the car feels good and is handling well, but we will see what happens tomorrow.

From ITV-F1.com:

LAUDA WRITES OFF BRITISH TEAMS

Last Updated: Sunday, 28 March , 2004, 14:18

Niki Lauda has claimed that Williams and McLaren will not catch Ferrari until they change engine partners.

The Austrian believes McLaren’s relationship with Mercedes and Williams’ partnership with BMW are doomed to failure – because of the incompatibility of Brits and Germans.

In an extraordinary outburst, Lauda claimed: “It is extremely difficult for Germans to work under English supremacy.

"Ron Dennis and Frank Williams are rather complex personalities.

"The sad thing for companies such as BMW or Mercedes is that the British stick to their monarchy thinking. They discuss endlessly and come to very complicated decisions."

It is strange that Niki never shared this theory when he and German Guenther Steiner were in charge of the Jaguar team several years ago

Maybe he is simply a little bitter about his sacking from the British-based team 18 months ago…