Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

16-0 Er..............18-1

AFL and NFL are very different sports. Both sports have tackling but NFL is more about very sport bursts of power while AFL is about endurance. Im not sure if your aware of a endurance test called "The Beep Test" (or Multi-stage fitness test) but if a AFL player cant reach 15.0 then they are not fit enough to play and the coach wont select them in the first team whereas in NFL that level of fitness would just go to waste.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test

That's nice. They are more fit in that way, yes. Not sure how relevant it is, but sure.

That's nice. They are more fit in that way, yes. Not sure how relevant it is, but sure.

What attributes are required for each position in NFL. Is there any room for fast little guys?

What attributes are required for each position in NFL. Is there any room for fast little guys?

Runningback can be a fast little guy. The speedy runningbacks are super fast. Maroney is our fast runningback, he's big but really fast. I was a runningback. At the time I was about 5'9" and 150, so that's pretty small...

Ladanian Tomlinson, a great fast RB, is 5'10" and 221.

No one "little" really plays, though. You'd be completely destroyed if you were under 180 lbs.

Runningback can be a fast little guy. The speedy runningbacks are super fast. Maroney is our fast runningback, he's big but really fast. I was a runningback. At the time I was about 5'9" and 150, so that's pretty small...

Ladanian Tomlinson, a great fast RB, is 5'10" and 221.

No one "little" really plays, though. You'd be completely destroyed if you were under 180 lbs.

On a slightly different note you probably dont get to see tall thin guys in NFL and its a real shame as it is the funniest thing in the world seeing people who are 6,4 running and getting tangled in their own legs.

Watching this guy is the funniest thing in the world as he never seems to know where his legs are going

lewis_roberts-thomson.jpg

:D

Patrioats going down this weekend against the Jags :mf_tongue:

YESSSS!!!

PATRIOTS BEAT THE JAGS! AND THE EVEN BETTER SIDE: CHARGERS BEAT THE COLTS!!! PEYTON AND THE PANSIES ARE DONE! HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA!

See ya next weekend. :thbup:

YESSSS!!!

PATRIOTS BEAT THE JAGS! AND THE EVEN BETTER SIDE: CHARGERS BEAT THE COLTS!!! PEYTON AND THE PANSIES ARE DONE! HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA!

********************************************************************************

********************************************************************************

This thread seems to have alot of big writing in it. I obviously cant comment on Gridiron as i know next to nothing about it but i generally find that if any team in any competition goes undefeated for a entire season that it gets boring very quickly. One dominant team is a sure fire way of killing people's interest in a competition.

This thread seems to have alot of big writing in it. I obviously cant comment on Gridiron as i know next to nothing about it but i generally find that if any team in any competition goes undefeated for a entire season that it gets boring very quickly. One dominant team is a sure fire way of killing people's interest in a competition.

It's generated a lot of interest, actually. The three most-watched fall television shows in the USA were three New England Patriots night games televised nationally.

Pats/Chargers should be fun. I hope LT can play. Just because I want it to be a fair fight. And our defense has really sucked at defending running this year.

It's generated a lot of interest, actually. The three most-watched fall television shows in the USA were three New England Patriots night games televised nationally.

Pats/Chargers should be fun. I hope LT can play. Just because I want it to be a fair fight. And our defense has really sucked at defending running this year.

Not overally relevant but what is it with people naming places by adding "New" in front of a place which already exists (eg New England, New Zealand, New Holland). Why do people add "New" to pre-existing places?

Not overally relevant but what is it with people naming places by adding "New" in front of a place which already exists (eg New England, New Zealand, New Holland). Why do people add "New" to pre-existing places?

Weird British settlers named our lands after weird British places because it was the new world for weirdo Brits and it was better. New England was like England, just better.

Weird British settlers named our lands after weird British places because it was the new world for weirdo Brits and it was better. New England was like England, just better.

I dont even know where New England is but does it have a similar climate to England?

New Holland (Australia) climate couldnt be more different to that of Holland's.

I dont even know where New England is but does it have a similar climate to England?

New Holland (Australia) climate couldnt be more different to that of Holland's.

No. No where is like New England in climate. It's -10 F with 5 feet of snow one day, 95 F the next.

It isn't like England at all. But it was in the early days of the weirdo settlers.

No. No where is like New England in climate. It's -10 F with 5 feet of snow one day, 95 F the next.

Tell me about it. Here in Sydney on Sunday it was 36C (97F) and on Monday it was 19C (66F).

It isn't like England at all. But it was in the early days of the weirdo settlers.

Count yourself lucky. Most of our settlers came with criminal records :D

:lol: It's amazing how, despite being the Super Bowl being the most watched annual sporting event (and second most sporting event, behind the World Cup), and despite this being the biggest sports news in the world at the moment, no one knows what I'm talking about!

Simply: The 2007 New England Patriots are outstanding and broke a lot of records and the Colts didn't.

May be your definition of the world is kind of narrow. :) Like World Series for baseball championship of USA :)

Tell me about it. Here in Sydney on Sunday it was 36C (97F) and on Monday it was 19C (66F).

Count yourself lucky. Most of our settlers came with criminal records :D

:lol: Yeah, I'm snowed in right now. It was 65 F earlier this week, too.

Yeah, but at least your settlers didn't write. Early American literature is awful. Which is why we had to read it in high school. They purposely picked the worst things ever written. Early American literature is right up there with Shakespeare on the suckage level. And don't get me started on American romanticism... <_<

May be your definition of the world is kind of narrow. :) Like World Series for baseball championship of USA :)

Sorry, honey, but according to F1 Racing Magazine, a British racing publication, the 2006 Super Bowl had more viewers world-wide than any other sporting event besides the World Cup Final. The final game of the World Series was 5th or 6th, I don't really remember, and I think it might've been behind the Daytona 500.

The World Series is a funny name, but, there are so many international players who came to America to play in the most-publisized league, it sort of make sense.

And calling the Super Bowl champions the world champions is natural, we're the only country who plays it :P

Did you know, though, that you can buy a Tom Brady jersey with Chinese numbers?

:lol: Yeah, I'm snowed in right now. It was 65 F earlier this week, too.

Yeah, but at least your settlers didn't write. Early American literature is awful. Which is why we had to read it in high school. They purposely picked the worst things ever written. Early American literature is right up there with Shakespeare on the suckage level. And don't get me started on American romanticism... <_<

As a general rule Australian settlers didnt write that much and im forever greatful. Our history is beyond boring and it doesnt even start to get interesting til 1914. Here is a basic run down of our history

1788 - Australia is colonised and is essentially one big prison camp

1850 - No longer a prison camp, people try to act as British as possible with big hats and stupid beards, try to create a England Mark 2.

1901 - Constitution signed (first Constitution to be signed on film).

1914 - We charge of to war for King and Country while trying to act as British as possible

1918 - War ends, everybody happy

1930 - Depression

1929 - War again, Charge off for King and Country again

1942 - Charge back home to fight the Japanese and begin our long affair of sucking up to the Americans

1945 - War won everybody happy. Australia has 5th most powerful Navy in the World.

1950 - British kind enough to test their Nuclear weapons on our soil.

1951 - War again, this time charging of to Korea to win browny points with the Americans

1965 - More more, this time Vietnam to win more browny points

1970's - Nothing to report

1980' s - Nothing to Report

1990's - Nothing to Report

2003 - Off to War again this time in Iraq and Afganistan to win more browny points.

You have just been given a detailed Australian history.

As for your comments on American literature dont be so sure that i havent had to suffer through it. Studyinh Robert Frost was one of the most painful experiances of my life.

There's a Canadian team or two, y'know.

History has been made.

Now all we need is to crush Peyton's Pansies. Homefield advantage looks pretty good. 35 degrees in Foxboro sure ain't the Pansydome, Peyton.

Up-dated the title for you Eric, ah the arrogance of youth, hows that crow taste? kinda like Mannings jock?

Up-dated the title for you Eric, ah the arrogance of youth, hows that crow taste? kinda like Mannings jock?

:lol:

That wasn't arrogance. I never guaranteed a win like a few assheads. That was just the truth. The truth is subject to change, right?

Okay fine, it was arrogance.

That wasn't arrogance. I never guaranteed a win like a few assheads. That was just the truth. The truth is subject to change, right?

Typical arrogance, then?

Eli was almost sacked, but got out of that one...

I still do not understand why Eli got MVP? Just because he was QB?

Don't know what game they were watching.

Should have been a defensive player.