Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Formula One Returns To The Bbc

Are you asking if TV cards are harder to obtain, or if they are harder to track?

Umm how does the government track who has one? Or a TV?

They drive around in a van equipped with some strange technology that detects if someone is using a TV.

They also have the list of every registered (and hence, non registered) TV license holder, so they can just drive around the area's where people don't have them, and knock on the door.

Really its bloody annoying, just had to pay for mine

Umm how does the government track who has one? Or a TV?

As Mr Adams, says above. Cav.

However, I am not sure what the sitation is with regards to tv cards, especially ones for laptops which are are quite easy to disconnect. I don't know how accurate the BBC scanning is and whether they would be able to pinpoint a signal to a computer within the midst of other people using their tvs, as presumably you would be.

I think they can detect the signal. But you'd be in the clear if you had a licence for your main residence. Apart from that, a big van with "TV Licence Detector" painted on the side and antennae poking out of the roof would probably be noticable enough for you to make good your escape.

I think they can detect the signal. But you'd be in the clear if you had a licence for your main residence. Apart from that, a big van with "TV Licence Detector" painted on the side and antennae poking out of the roof would probably be noticable enough for you to make good your escape.

Indeed! :lol: