Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danwilkie90

2014 Car Designs?

As a lot of people are, I'm curious as to how the 2014 cars will look and sound, so I thought I'd make a little mock up of how I think the Mclaren may look that year, taking into account the low noses, lowered bulkhead, the possible front rollbar, slightly further forward sidepods and the thought that turbo F1 cars in past years have tended not to have the airbox on top, which may be an option for teams in 2014. From this angle you can't see the other features such as narrower front wings or missing rear Beam Wing, but according to the regulations I imagine the Mclaren might look like this:

post-4074-0-85295700-1355079918_thumb.jp

Now I'm not fully versed in F1 technology or anything, so I have no idea if it'd look anything like this, but I kinda hope it does to be honest because I think it looks rather good actually!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/20640255

(This article explains the changes and such)

As for how they might sound, judging by the type of engine, size and power, it could sound pretty similar to this:

If anyone else feels like making their own interesting mock-ups then feel free to post them here! tongue.png

That mock up accentuates the ugly equal sized wheels...ewwyuck.

I think that the airbox will be retained in some manner for aero purposes...if not for sponsors...

You know, I hate how airboxes look, personally...

...but an F1 car without one looks kind of strange. I'd get used to it; gotten used to all the other designs. I think the lack of an airbox looks better on a Champ Car-type vehicle because the rear wing isn't so massive. It's almost disproportionate to not have a box, which is totally out-of-line with the thinking I'd normally have. Maybe the big rear tires help the back, too; almost looks barren with the equally sized ones.

I'd think it would be retained, too, though.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing, of course.

As a lot of people are, I'm curious as to how the 2014 cars will look and sound, so I thought I'd make a little mock up of how I think the Mclaren may look that year, taking into account the low noses, lowered bulkhead, the possible front rollbar, slightly further forward sidepods and the thought that turbo F1 cars in past years have tended not to have the airbox on top, which may be an option for teams in 2014. From this angle you can't see the other features such as narrower front wings or missing rear Beam Wing, but according to the regulations I imagine the Mclaren might look like this:

post-4074-0-85295700-1355079918_thumb.jp

Now I'm not fully versed in F1 technology or anything, so I have no idea if it'd look anything like this, but I kinda hope it does to be honest because I think it looks rather good actually!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/20640255

(This article explains the changes and such)

As for how they might sound, judging by the type of engine, size and power, it could sound pretty similar to this:

If anyone else feels like making their own interesting mock-ups then feel free to post them here! tongue.png

Great Job Buddy. Lets see how close that mock up comes to real 2014 cars.

Cheers

I think they will have to keep some form of the airbox for cooling of KERS, Maybe more along the Mercedes line from the time they ran the really low intake and then the fin thing a few years back.

I just took the 2012 car and edited it in Photoshop that's all, it's just a guess based on the regulations I've read, a lot of which I couldn't show here. Narrower front wings, no rear beam wing, single exit exhaust, lower noses and bulkhead, possible front roll bars and the missing airbox as past F1 turbo f1 cars have had no airboxes, last one's just imagining though as they almost certainly will have them next year >.< I just mocked it up basically, interesting to see if it's even vaguely close to the actual thing!

McLaren may also revert back to the Orange theme for 2014, since Vodafone is no longer a sponsor....

Yeah I did see a photo of an orange McLaren via Taki Inoue's twitter. That could just be a test livery though like they did a while back. btw welcome to the forums! :)