Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amjay

Mc Laren

A heavily modified version of the unsuccesful 2002 mclaren managed to fight for the WDC title in 2003 but this year i think they are using a modified version of last years car cant even get into the points !!! this is not the way for the last team to win the WDC and WCC apart from ferrari to go...

this is really very dissapointing to see in spain where both mclarens finished the race but are not in the points...

My question is What will it take for Mclaren to at least start scoring points again coz by the looks of it they should forget 4th place and might even have to fight for 5th place!!!

5th? i dunno they were lucky to get the points they have so far. This could be the end of Mclaren as a top team for several years. They'll be losing $$$ big time and i don't think the new chassis mid season will help much at all.

I wonder what JPM is thinking at this time!!

nothing.... probably just hoping like the rest of us that mclaren will improve...

nah he's thinking he'll bang MS up till he's injured at monaco and then he'll be No 1 at ferrari.... :P

hay he must of had fun noking over his man in the pit stop because in the intervew he souned all happy and as if he had just had a great race. but at least he went to see how the poor guy (who got noked over) and said sorry and had a goooooooooooooooooood larf

it's amazing how far and fast a team can drop. almost as amazing as how much bar have improved. the ying and the yang..

it's amazing how far and fast a team can drop.  almost as amazing as how much bar have improved.  the ying and the yang..

yea but the thing is mclaren dropped even though they are having like 1 of the highest budgets in the F1 fraternity.... seriously where is the money going... it seems it's going towards this great car design and all but whats coming out is crap....

WELLLLLLLLLLLL at least the Engines LASTED the race distance :D:o

That's ONE PLUS

WELLLLLLLLLLLL  at least the Engines LASTED the race distance   :D   :o  

That's ONE PLUS

and the only one!! :lol:

WELLLLLLLLLLLL  at least the Engines LASTED the race distance   :D   :o  

That's ONE PLUS

the thing is that plus point happens to mercedes's. plus... mclaren the team by it self is still crap up to now....

McLaren are just waiting for Hockenheim. Thats when the new car should be ready, unless they screw it up like last year with the much hyped 18.

all of mclaren's money is going to the new place that thay finshed bilding and also the the 50 people thaty dont need to make a bord room desicion that Ron should be making in 2 mins. the only reasion why mclaren are bad is because thay took a good starting block (MP4-18ABC and D) and well turned it into a not much better car in somthing like 3 months when thay had 6 months. and thay only did this to get more testing. if i was Ron i whould kich who's eaver a## desinged the MP4-19 because thay did it two quick.

McLaren are just waiting for Hockenheim. Thats when the new car should be ready, unless they screw it up like last year with the much hyped 18.

if they aren't already :P , they're really gonna be up the creek without a paddle if this one gets pushed back...and back...and back like last year...

from their recent experience, at least they know how to fast-track production!

...because thay took a good starting block (MP4-18ABC and D) and well turned it into a not much better car in somthing like 3 months when thay had 6 months...

No they did not take 3 months when the other teams took 6. It is more like they took 16 months when the others took 7 or so. The 18 was (as it turns out, although not the origional intention) a part of the design process of the 19. And as I stated mid last year with that much design time, McLaren should consider 2004 a failure if they did anything other than dominate the entire year. At this almost 1/3 stage of the season, it looks likely McLaren will end up being the dissapointment of the season. For goodness sake Ron do your drivers a favour, and negotiate a driver swap with Paul Stoddard, at least then Kimi and David will score a few more points.

McWho.

it's amazing how far and fast a team can drop.  almost as amazing as how much bar have improved.  the ying and the yang..

Yep! I think so :P

As I said a while ago, the fact that they released this car so early, November '03 if I recall only proves that the 19 is just a quick fix job of the 18. Noone gets a car ready that early. They've had a year and a half and they still can't get it right. Well, thats what happens when you're more worried about how good your motorhome looks than how quick and reliable your car is.

Well, the car looked good on paper, it looked good in real life, but it isn't good at all. I must admit, the car looks pimpin.

...because thay took a good starting block (MP4-18ABC and D) and well turned it into a not much better car in somthing like 3 months when thay had 6 months...

No they did not take 3 months when the other teams took 6. It is more like they took 16 months when the others took 7 or so. The 18 was (as it turns out, although not the origional intention) a part of the design process of the 19. And as I stated mid last year with that much design time, McLaren should consider 2004 a failure if they did anything other than dominate the entire year. At this almost 1/3 stage of the season, it looks likely McLaren will end up being the dissapointment of the season. For goodness sake Ron do your drivers a favour, and negotiate a driver swap with Paul Stoddard, at least then Kimi and David will score a few more points.

McWho.

no what i was trying to say is that thay took 3 months to change it from the MPA-18 to the MP4-19 when if a car is that Fu*ked up its need more than 3 months to make it good. as it turned out the MP4-18 ened up bening a poo car altogether thay chould not eaven make a good car from its fults