Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

c21

Donnington Cancelled At Last?

I'm not sure any would care. They haven't run an Indy 500 since 1995 and the Indy 497.5 draws all of 10 viewers in the US. Hard to lose fans when you already have none.

I'd probably watch if they moved it to China. It might be run by people who don't have to put such an emphasis on crashes, crashes, Danica, crashes, Danica, spec racing to be "fair," and xenophobic old men talking about how Penske and Ganassi should fire the furriners and replace them Muricans not because of talent but because of Murican-ness (if you weren't born in Murica, you ain't no real racer to no none of 'em).

So. You didn't make your point. But I knew what you were trying to say ;)

In my wildest dreams, I wouldn't put you in the 'most Americans' category Eric ;)

Well said, Nick. And for all the flack you got, I agreed with you about Iraq, Iran and your take on Islam. Watching you make Straw squirm was also good fun. It's such a shame that the rest of what you say is pretty scary.

He's a bloody nutcase, a scary guy indeed Steve, but I'm sure there's more than '6%' of the vote agree with those points too (as I do).

No, you don't understand. I have been to Silverstone, many times. I have watched F1 there, I have watched motorbikes race there, classic cars, hell I have even ridden around it on my motorbike. In short, I think it's a great track. Out of date facilities perhaps, but as a track, it's great.

The difference between you and me is that I can detach myself from it emotionally and understand Bernie's position as a business man. It doesn't mean that I don't want a race there. Capiche? Good.

Yeah, sure sure. I just don't understand Bernie's logic in not having a British GP. To be honest, I couldn't really care where it was held. I just want a British GP and I expect quite a big number of the British population wants on too.

I find the "out of date facilities" critisism laughable though. Now I know it's not you who came out with that first, but to me when you see how prepared and well set-up Silverstone is compared to Donington.....there is no "out of date facilities" about it. Does Silverstone have to make do with port-a-loos that always have a massive line of people waiting? No. Does Silverstone struggle to cope with the ammount of traffic a series like BTCC brings on race day? No.

I could go on, I just think that Silverstone is a much greater facility for holding a weekend of the magnitude of F1 that Donington or Brands Hatch or wherever would be. It's there and it's ready to hold the 2010 race. And the 2011 race. And the 2012 race. Donington isn't and I doubt that it ever will be.

In my wildest dreams, I wouldn't put you in the 'most Americans' category Eric ;)

:lol: I take pride in that.

Yeah, sure sure. I just don't understand Bernie's logic in not having a British GP. To be honest, I couldn't really care where it was held. I just want a British GP and I expect quite a big number of the British population wants on too.

I find the "out of date facilities" critisism laughable though. Now I know it's not you who came out with that first, but to me when you see how prepared and well set-up Silverstone is compared to Donington.....there is no "out of date facilities" about it. Does Silverstone have to make do with port-a-loos that always have a massive line of people waiting? No. Does Silverstone struggle to cope with the ammount of traffic a series like BTCC brings on race day? No.

I could go on, I just think that Silverstone is a much greater facility for holding a weekend of the magnitude of F1 that Donington or Brands Hatch or wherever would be. It's there and it's ready to hold the 2010 race. And the 2011 race. And the 2012 race. Donington isn't and I doubt that it ever will be.

Bernie doesn't not want a British Grand Prix.

He's just saying that to get Silverstone to Sh#t their knickers andoffer him 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 GBP, ownership of the track,and a night out at a sleazy motel with the entire BRDC.

And he realizes that if Silverstone don't Sh#t thier knickers, Formula 1 can survive without the race anyway.

He has no thoughts either way, I guess. He doesn't care. He'll haveraces where he'll have them; I doubt he gives half a damn about wherethey are.

Facilities are better than the alternative, but I don't think they compare very well to some other tracks. I wouldn't know. I've never been to any grand prix but it seems to me that if so many people are complaining about Silverstone's facilities, there's probably an issue of some sort. Maybe. Possibly. Kind of.

Besides, even if the race gets cancelled, all you Brits have races close enough to go to if you take a supercool train or a supercool aeroplane or a supercool boat or a supercool swim. It'd take less time for you to get to your nearest GP than for me to get their, considering whichever GP is closest to the UK is the one closest to me. Though I guess Montr