Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hollywood2003

Webber & Ferrari

Maybe a new player has entered the market for Mr. Webber's talent, this is hot off the press.....

"Silly season is still in full swing as fans await official announcements from their teams or drivers as to who will be racing where next season. Mark Webber

Very very unlikely. If this is the case, it would most certainly be for when M$ retires.

maybe they are thinking of booting Rubens???

When does his contract expire?

now im a very big Mark Webber fan (as all austraians are) but if he went ot Ferrari i whould on joke stop supporting him. i whould start to only wach Bruni and well if Brisco is here then i will wach him.

now im a very big Mark Webber fan (as all austraians are) but if he went ot Ferrari i whould on joke stop supporting him. i whould start to only wach Bruni and well if Brisco is here then i will wach him.

nah i think webber is better than tht... he will kick MS's a##.... hihihi i doubt he wil move over for an old man.....

Webber will do well at Ferrari...Rubens I think has passed his prime...

there's no way webber would be going there next year. it is definitely post m$ planning, since both reubens and m$'s contracts expire at the same time.

EDIT: i would probably stop supporting webber too if he did go when michael's there.

EDIT:  i would probably stop supporting webber too if he did go when michael's there.

me too

I thought you guys wanted a decent driver to be team mate to MS to blow him away (lol). Now (some of) you are saying "No don't we won't support you anymore", come on guys make up your mind. Do you think NoJVNoF1 whould say that of JV if he was linked to do the same, of course not he'd be drooling (no offence NoJVNoF1) at the idea.

I thought you guys wanted a decent driver to be team mate to MS to blow him away (lol).  Now (some of) you are saying "No don't we won't support you anymore", come on guys make up your mind.  Do you think NoJVNoF1 whould say that of JV if he was linked to do the same, of course not he'd be drooling (no offence NoJVNoF1) and the idea.

yea i whould love to see Webber kick M$ a##. but he can do that in a williams. and i will chear if webber beats M$ if he goes to ferrari. but this is when M$ leaves and well i think that Webber is a lot better than RB.

hay your back were you been.

Gidday Nichos glad to see you back again, and yep I second what you say, I sure would support Mark Wbber where ever he goes, but if that happens to be Ferrari, all I can say is that M.S. ( the god) will be leaving sooner then he wants , cause Mark will surely show him up IMO :D

I thought you guys wanted a decent driver to be team mate to MS to blow him away (lol).  Now (some of) you are saying "No don't we won't support you anymore", come on guys make up your mind.  Do you think NoJVNoF1 whould say that of JV if he was linked to do the same, of course not he'd be drooling (no offence NoJVNoF1) and the idea.

oh i do, but it won't happen, if webber goes he'll be told to be the number 2 driver live irvine and barrichello before him.

oh i do, but it won't happen, if webber goes he'll be told to be the number 2 driver live irvine and barrichello before him.

exactly. no nichos, i think you're missing the point. mw wouldn't be allowed to do any of the above as long as m$ is at ferrari. the same would go for jv. the fact of the matter is while m$ is at ferrari, the otehr driver will always be the other driver, regardless of their ability, talent or desire.

exactly.  no nichos, i think you're missing the point.  mw wouldn't be allowed to do any of the above as long as m$ is at ferrari.  the same would go for jv.  the fact of the matter is while m$ is at ferrari, the otehr driver will always be the other driver, regardless of their ability, talent or desire.

I think you are missing my point, as well as what I said earlier. I believe Webber is of a mindset more like Villeneuve or Montoya, not a Irvine or Barrichello. Webber would not accept a move-over-on-command contract, so in the unlikely scenario of him signing to team with MS be assured he would get a full-time-green-light contract.

In answer to the comment concerning my absence, I have been extremely busy. Learning how to look after my baby daughter, these last couple of days have been exceptions, expect me to dissappear again any time soon.

No offence taken Nichos, and welcome back by the way. Mate, the way the situation looks, I'd just be happy if he returned to F1!!! :lol: JV at Ferrari would be fantastic. Jacques would never sign a Rubens type contract and so if he did make the move, he would be getting equal number one status with Michael. As I said earlier, if Webber does go to Ferrari, it'll be post Schumacher, or in M$ last year when he'll probably relax his demands to go out on a high note against a talented driver.

exactly.  no nichos, i think you're missing the point.  mw wouldn't be allowed to do any of the above as long as m$ is at ferrari.  the same would go for jv.  the fact of the matter is while m$ is at ferrari, the otehr driver will always be the other driver, regardless of their ability, talent or desire.

I think you are missing my point, as well as what I said earlier. I believe Webber is of a mindset more like Villeneuve or Montoya, not a Irvine or Barrichello. Webber would not accept a move-over-on-command contract, so in the unlikely scenario of him signing to team with MS be assured he would get a full-time-green-light contract.

In answer to the comment concerning my absence, I have been extremely busy. Learning how to look after my baby daughter, these last couple of days have been exceptions, expect me to dissappear again any time soon.

yes i hold mr webber in as high regard as you obvoiusly do too, but you don't honestly think that such a green light contract is a possibility at team m$ do you? i for one don't, but how good would that be? ah, we can only dream...

on a side note good to hear things are going well with you and your baby. :-)

but you don't honestly think that such a green light contract is a possibility at team m$ do you?  i for one don't, but how good would that be?  ah, we can only dream...

I agree, that is why I deliberatly used the term 'unlikely scenario'.

While nothing is impossible....

Mark Webber (as far a I know) is still supported by Telstra ? Ferrari has a strong link to Vodafone.

Same reason as I doubt you'll ever see Alonso in a Ferrari, sponsorship contracts may prevent it.

Is if you wouldn't goto Ferrari with a move over contract, nowing full well Schumie is on the outta ina couple of years! I sure would.....Doesn't mean you can't stay 2 metres behind Schumie :)

Same reason as I doubt you'll ever see Alonso in a Ferrari, sponsorship contracts may prevent it.

dont thay sponser Renault and not Alonso.

Im pretty sure they sponsor Alonso AND then they supported the team.