Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Renault Engines

Hello my friends...

I was wondering why the Renault engine is suffering for speed, Renault has been -as engine supplier- champion a lot of times, who dont remember the Williams Renault domination in the 90

im not good with the tech of engines, but it was to do with the angle of part of it? its gave it a better centre of gravity, which made it better to drive, they changed it this year i believe to make it compramise alittle.

Benetton used Renault in 95 and won, don't forget, and the Ford Zetec V-8 that beat Renault as well...

Don't really know why their engine isn't as fast as the others mate, but I do know they changed back to a more normal angle and are working their way around it. Race by Race they're upgrading it with HP upgrades, so I expect them to be near the top in terms of HP sometime next season.

8) I'm with the group that thinks that they build for low end grunt, to rocket off the line and come off the cornors stronger, you have to give up something for that grunt! :wink:

8) I'm with the group that thinks that they build for low end grunt, to rocket off the line and come off the cornors stronger, you have to give up something for that grunt! :wink:

Renault start so well simply because they have great mechanical grip, excellent traction control and perhaps the best chassis in F1 which gives them great downforce

Renault start so well simply because they have great mechanical grip, excellent traction control and perhaps the best chassis in F1 which gives them great downforce

Another shoot from the hip response did you even consider my thought because if I read yours right then Ferrari shouldn't have won a race

My responses are always well thought out. It is possible that I perhaps incorrectly interpreted your comments

Well, the lack of horsepower cannot be pinpointed, but remember that, after Ferrari, Renault has had the most reliable engine. They have a sound base to build on unlike Honda who have a wretched reliability record( in 2003, it was JV and now it is Sato).

8) Let me make clear the thread was about the Renault engine not the chassis et al and I was giveing my opinon on the engine and I stand by my origianal remarks as to the nature of the engine as this thread wasn't about the chassis it was about the engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clear enough??????????????