Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ksajoe

Time To Get Serious................

Recommended Posts

Juan Pablo's on a diet

The amply-proportioned Juan Pablo Montoya has lost about five kilograms since winning the year-ending Brazilian grand prix. Spanish newspaper 'Marca' said the 29-year-old Colombian commenced a diet and exercise programme in November at the behest of new F1 employer, McLaren's Ron Dennis.

Marca said Juan, formerly of Williams, must lose another two kg's before the Australian grand prix on the first weekend in March.

He's on a low-carbohydrate diet and completes two hours per day of aerobic and weight training. "Complaints about my weight have followed me in my career," Montoya - nicknamed 'The Fatman' by friend and fellow Latino Rubens Barrichello - said, "but I usually feel pretty good when I climb out of my car after a race."

------------------------------------------------

The kid-gloves are off at Maclaren. JPM will now have to work on his fitness (which he was always too lazy to try). In Ron Dennis we might actually see him get the true potential out of the lad.

As I said no one is going to nurse his ego at Maclaren and it's about time he grew up and stopped being soo petulant. The only talking that impresses most people is the talking done with the equipment - and winning races!!

This should be fan, a slimmer JPM doing shoot-outs with KR........what a season!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think it'll make a lot of difference. He doesn't drive slower near the end of a race or anything like that, he's fit enough already. I think he's doing it to shut everyone up cos he's fedup of people mentioning it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don't think it'll make a lot of difference. He doesn't drive slower near the end of a race or anything like that, he's fit enough already. I think he's doing it to shut everyone up cos he's fedup of people mentioning it!

No, there are no margins in the MP4-20, it's a question of space and weight, either he cuts down or he ships out! No pouting of lips will move anybody!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man all i can say is that he needs it. i think that im fitter than he is but there is not way in the world that my neck whould be able to stand up to 60 laps around Canada or Malaysia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he needs to do it not to improve his fitness but simply just to be able to fit into the new mclaren, which Wurz can't manage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The adventures of "el gordo"are back!!I think this new diet will please Mrs. Connie first of all!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only fat driver that I know is Paul Tracy, and with all he was champion last year... :D

paul_tracy.jpg

(I took this pic!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The only fat driver that I know is Paul Tracy, and with all he was champion last year... :D

paul_tracy.jpg

(I took this pic!)

Paul Tracy is the typical example of a guy ruined by a tipical north american diet.....hamburger,hot dog,french fries and beer!But he is a quick guy and he's also very spectacular..in the past he was better than now altough less performing (it was down to the fact CART championship was more difficult)..remember that he was highly considered for the role of Schuey's teammate at Benetton in '95 before they opted for Johnny Herbert..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Tracy is the typical example of a guy ruined by a tipical north american diet.....hamburger,hot dog,french fries and beer!But he is a quick guy and he's also very spectacular..in the past he was better than now altough less performing (it was down to the fact CART championship was more difficult)..remember that he was highly considered for the role of Schuey's teammate at Benetton in '95 before they opted for Johnny Herbert..

I didnt know that !

But I think that was a good thing for him to stay in CART, F1 is devastating to ex-Cart drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I didnt know that !

But I think that was a good thing for him to stay in CART, F1 is devastating to ex-Cart drivers.

The problem is that they come plenty of expectations by the fan and the media..and if they fail to repeat the results they achieved in the US it's a disaster for them...F.3 or F.3000 drivers are not up to such expectations,we may say it's easier for the young rookies altough,definitely,F.1 is a category apart and the results in an Indycar don't help to find the way in a F.1....Da Matta was impressive I think but nobody looked at him because he was driving a doggy car...is sad he got fired...Villeneuve too struggled comparing to Damon Hill sometimes in '96 altough the super Williams let him came 2nd in the championship,I can remember well the Monaco GP,and another thing..Hill was not a superphenomenon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The problem is that they come plenty of expectations by the fan and the media..and if they fail to repeat the results they achieved in the US it's a disaster for them...F.3 or F.3000 drivers are not up to such expectations,we may say it's easier for the young rookies altough,definitely,F.1 is a category apart and the results in an Indycar don't help to find the way in a F.1....Da Matta was impressive I think but nobody looked at him because he was driving a doggy car...is sad he got fired...Villeneuve too struggled comparing to Damon Hill sometimes in '96 altough the super Williams let him came 2nd in the championship,I can remember well the Monaco GP,and another thing..Hill was not a superphenomenon

Yeah!, who could not remember Michael Andretti leaving the season early just as DaMatta, Zanardi was a great winner in CART but in F1 never could do anything, and in the other side, Mansell leave F1 as a champion and went to Indy Car to win that championship really easy...

The only driver that made anything here was Jacques Villenueve, but I think now that he was lucky to get a williams not like Andretti that arrived to a slower Mclaren when Honda leaved them and the same luck to Zanardi when Renault leaved williams (just now I notice that the story is almost the same, the arrived to teams that were fast in the past but with new (and slower) engine supplier.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah!, who could not remember Michael Andretti leaving the season early just as DaMatta, Zanardi was a great winner in CART but in F1 never could do anything, and in the other side, Mansell leave F1 as a champion and went to Indy Car to win that championship really easy...

The only driver that made  anything here was Jacques Villenueve, but I think now that he was lucky to get a williams not like Andretti that arrived to a slower Mclaren when Honda leaved them and the same luck to Zanardi when Renault leaved williams (just now I notice that the story is almost the same, the arrived to teams that were fast in the past but with new (and slower) engine supplier.)

Zanardi is a real fighter,I prove a lot of admiration for such a man..in F.1 was unlucky,very unlucky.He ended up 4th in qualyfing at Monza,and by the end of season he was able to match Ralf pace but his firing was already decided by that time..another problem for him were probably the grooved pneus he wasn't used to...those pneus were a problem for many experienced drivers like Hill or Herbert...Andretti biggest proble was he had to compare to a team mate wich name was Ayrton Senna and it didn't help him....Montoya is the one who have impressed my most by far..but his readaptation to F.1 was so quick because he covered a lot of testing mileage with grooved tyres as a Williams tester in 1998,I think...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think he needs to do it not to improve his fitness but  simply just to be able to fit into the new mclaren, which Wurz can't manage!

are you talking about the MP4-19 or the MP4-20??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many people think Andretti's problem was the fact that he stayed in the US and didn't make the move to Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Many people think Andretti's problem was the fact that he stayed in the US and didn't make the move to Europe.

Yes I think would have he done it before he could have had a longer time to improve ahead of him...Dario Franchitti has been also a great loss for F.1..he could have been a top driver...now he is unimpressing me but I think is becuase of the motrcycle accident he had last year and because he's not too much motivated...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul Tracy is the typical example of a guy ruined by a tipical north american diet.....hamburger,hot dog,french fries and beer!

Hey we got a good thing going on over here. How many people do you know have done a keg stand or a keg tap? Besides, we eat because it tastes good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F1 is a pinnacle of motorsports. It takes hard work just to get there and even harder to sustain. I don't think there is any series which is even half as demanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F1 is a pinnacle of motorsports. It takes hard work just to get there and even harder to sustain. I don't think there is any series which is even half as demanding.

I totally agree. Other series, such as Champ Cars, are entertaining but nothing compares to F1. F1 is quite simply the pinnacle of global motor sport and long may it continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MP4-20, 19 is not a problem as he was clearly testing it in Jerez - 20 is a delicate baby (hope not fragile as well!!)

what were they testing the New car befour Xmas. but the only reasion why Wurz whould not fit into the car whould be because he has some big sholders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
what were they testing the New car befour Xmas. but the only reasion why Wurz whould not fit into the car whould be because he has some big sholders.

No, Wurz is too tall - he is the tallest of the Maclaren drivers and they want a compact car. They will have to modify one of the chasis for him to develope the MP4-20, but for now he has to test in the MP4-19. The car is built around Kimi , that's why JPM has to shed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...