Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angellica

It's All About You

Uh huh, is that why you told porkies about never being arrested biggrin.png Hub-cap stealing is still a crime wink.png

I'm too young to know what hub caps are. Are they like a flat cap, only hub shaped???

1. If you could do any job in F1 except beng a driver, what would you choose and why?

A bikini waxer for any of the drivers girlfriends

2. What did you have for your breakfast today?

Doorstep Toast with cheese on top

3. What is your all time favourite film?

Flying Scotsman

4. What is the last music you bought?

Murray Gold - I am the doctor (the rest I just download illegally)

5. Have you ever been arrested?

Only a few times

6. What is your worst habit?

Tolerating idiots

7. Name your favourite Pizza topping.

Almost anything, the fact we're talking pizza means that gourmet dining is not relevant

8. What (if any) pets do you have?

1 dog (a cross between a westie and a brillo pad) and 2 cool cats

9. How do you take your coffee?

I'm English - I drink tea - even in costa, coffee tastes like arse gravy!

10. What is your favourite alcoholic drink?

When I'm sober - Vodka. When I've had a few.....who gives a Sh#t, it then becomes more about quantity than quality.

I'm English - I drink tea - even in costa, coffee tastes like arse gravy!

It disturbs me to know that you know what arse gravy taste liketongue.png

Some very illuminating answers there, some I could have done without ever reading as well :rolleyes:

Some very illuminating answers there, some I could have done without ever reading as well rolleyes.gif

It's all Paul's fault...It always is!!! Just remember that

whistling.gif

It's all Paul's fault...It always is!!! Just remember that

whistling.gif

Exsqueeze me??? I'll have you know that....................ermm.........................ummm............

Actually, it probably is :lol:

Grab

You did custard a disservice by not giving it a prominent mention.

Utterly disappointed! tongue.png

smile.png I'm so sorry, I listed my favourite drinks and omitted custard from the list tongue.pngbiggrin.png

And of course, my *real* favourite F1 job would be the custard-filling-up-guy for the tyres, this goes without saying ;)

Is that the defence you used with the judge? smile.png Didn't work, though. Still a few more years and you will be out on good behaviour tongue.png

You seem to know an awful lot about the judicial system...........

smile.png I'm so sorry, I listed my favourite drinks and omitted custard from the list tongue.pngbiggrin.png

And of course, my *real* favourite F1 job would be the custard-filling-up-guy for the tyres, this goes without saying wink.png

Custard filling up guy for the tyres? Have I entered a parallel universe or something? lmavfa.gif

Custard filling up guy for the tyres? Have I entered a parallel universe or something? lmavfa.gif

Er, it's a long story :) the short version is that I believed... nay believe... F1 could be made more of a spectacle/competitive if they filled their tyres with custard instead of air. Custard being a non-Newtonian fluid, and all. Shadow disagrees, thinks the fluid harmonics would be all wrong. dam.gif

Parallel universe? Some would say that :)

Er, it's a long story smile.png the short version is that I believed... nay believe... F1 could be made more of a spectacle/competitive if they filled their tyres with custard instead of air. Custard being a non-Newtonian fluid, and all. Shadow disagrees, thinks the fluid harmonics would be all wrong. dam.gif

Parallel universe? Some would say that smile.png

Ahh that makes much more sense now ;) Custard, I must remember that and mention it to Bernie, given some of his ideas lately to spice things up, you never know. I will of course telll him it was your idea if he picks it up. I'm all heart :)

Ahh that makes much more sense now wink.png Custard, I must remember that and mention it to Bernie, given some of his ideas lately to spice things up, you never know. I will of course telll him it was your idea if he picks it up. I'm all heart smile.png

Wow, well when you speak to Bernie, my dreams may come true....

Custard in this context has benefits:

• heat dissipation superior to air - as it is denser
  • no need for tyre warmers - custard could be pre-microwaved warmed
  • any punctures would be less dramatic/dangerous
  • safety - if a tyre came off it would not bounce as much; OK it would be a.. ...er... bit heavier....
  • custard changes its fluidity - going firmer under pressure, so could aid cornering
  • opportunities for variation, e.g. lumpy custard....

The downsides:

• it would make a bit of a mess if the tyre delaminated (but on the plus side, it would spice up the racing with "wet patches" for others to negotiate this may mean the use of special custard-dispersing intermediate tyres;
  • in hot climates, it could go off/ferment;
  • I can see scope for abuse - e.g. use of "exotic" materials (e.g. mango); cheating by teams - covert use of semolina; "gravy-gate" where Mercedes/Pirelli tested the use of gravy instead of custard....

I tell you, its' a winner.... biggrin.png

• safety - if a tyre came off it would not bounce as much; OK it would be a.. ...er... bit heavier....
  • custard changes its fluidity - going firmer under pressure, so could aid cornering

The downsides:

• it would make a bit of a mess if the tyre delaminated (but on the plus side, it would spice up the racing with "wet patches" for others to negotiate this may mean the use of special custard-dispersing intermediate tyres;
  • I can see scope for abuse - e.g. use of "exotic" materials (e.g. mango); cheating by teams - covert use of semolina; "gravy-gate" where Mercedes/Pirelli tested the use of gravy instead of custard....

I believe you have missed some other benefits. Due to the extra weight, even on the longest straight on the calendar they are going to have to brake pretty much as soon as they hit the straight to make the corner at the end, so now they don't need any of the other gears after 3rd. Gearboxes will be much cheaper to make.

The downsides:

You've really put a lot of thought into this haven't you? :) Maybe too much thought ;)

1. If you could do any job in F1 except beng a driver, what would you choose and why?

Pit crew... I don't know why

2. What did you have for your breakfast today?

Rarely have time for breakfast, I'm always rushing off to work. I value the extra 20 minutes in bed too much

3. What is your all time favourite film?

It would have to be Titanic or If Only... but that's only when I'm with a special young lady (haven't watched them for a while) So I find myself leaning towards comedies.

I did however find The King's Speech very inspirational considering I was born with a stammer.

Ooh, and I love The Human Centipede films... yeah I'm a sick little b#####d.

4. What is the last music you bought?

I think it was Celine Dion's my love (ultimate essential collection)

5. Have you ever been arrested?

No, but I was thrown to the ground by two police men and handcuffed while searched and questioned. They thought I had just bought drugs, when in fact, I was going to the chinese shop to pick up my chicken chow mein and special fried rice.

6. What is your worst habit?

Where do I start... Lazyness, lack of motivation and ambition, a bit of a softie, too quick to forgive... tell me when to stop...

7. Name your favourite Pizza topping.

Pepperoni, ham, beef... you know, just a regular meat feast will do me just fine

8. What (if any) pets do you have?

A ginger cat named Jasper, we have a bit of a love hate relationship (we love to hate eachother)

White, two sugars

10. What is your favourite alcoholic drink?

White Russian