Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Did Vettel Pull Off A Masterstroke????

Maybe filming a cheesy video which they can send out to a load of companies asking for sponsorship!

Possibly.

well, it goes fast when it's working...

11:50 McLaren-Honda's day is over.

A faulty seal on the MGU-K has led to a terminal engine problem that, according to the team, requires a "full replacement of the power unit".

Button will not run again today and the team is unsure if it can stop the fault returning tomorrow, though says an updated part will be ready for Saturday.

12:56 Just eight cars expected out on track this afternoon following McLaren's problems.

The team has also amended its plans for the rest of the week and brought Fernando Alonso in for tomorrow in place of Button, with Button taking Alonso's Saturday duties in exchange.

Had McLaren not done so, Button would've been confined to the two days compromised by the seal worry, so this switch makes it fair for both.

Having Alonso booked for Saturday and Sunday had been good news for Spanish fans keen to come out at the weekend to see their man, but ensuring Button gets equal time in a functioning car is important.

Really, that would be sweet but whats the source? Where's the info and proof on that? We're jumping the gun here, how do we know who is running what strategy, what fuel load etc etc. 1 rule I always go by and that's never trust testing, to unpredictable plus we don't have all the facts. They could be the main challenger to Mercedes this year but IMO it's still to early to tell.

Really, that would be sweet but whats the source? Where's the info and proof on that? We're jumping the gun here, how do we know who is running what strategy, what fuel load etc etc. 1 rule I always go by and that's never trust testing, to unpredictable plus we don't have all the facts. They could be the main challenger to Mercedes this year but IMO it's still to early to tell.

The way he's taking the corners, also going where others aint etc, also... "Speaking to some people in the paddock this morning there is a growing feeling that the Ferrari pace is genuine and not 'glory runs' as the Scuderia continue to top the pre-season time sheets." sky sports

Yes Webric, it's only testing I hear you, cat deny that, but I'm very positive on this

Good, lets hope it pans out, Ferrari need to and deserve to run at the front as IMO there the face of f1, even people who don't follow f1,know Ferrari is in it. But the feeling around the paddock also is that all merc powered cars are sand bagging dont know if they mean every merc team or mercedes themselves if thats the case, its way open. So seb is going to win again, I say that because of kimi last year I can't see him winning again.

SIKE- joking bro,before you fly of again lol.

I'd be glad to see Ferrari take it to Merc but also slightly annoyed that once again Seb has moved to a team just as they surge forward in cometitiveness!

Good, lets hope it pans out, Ferrari need to and deserve to run at the front as IMO there the face of f1, even people who don't follow f1,know Ferrari is in it. But the feeling around the paddock also is that all merc powered cars are sand bagging dont know if they mean every merc team or mercedes themselves if thats the case, its way open. So seb is going to win again, I say that because of kimi last year I can't see him winning again.

SIKE- joking bro,before you fly of again lol.

mad.gif

laugh.pnglaugh.png

I'd be glad to see Ferrari take it to Merc but also slightly annoyed that once again Seb has moved to a team just as they surge forward in cometitiveness!

Well I did read that apparently he has the team leading qualities that Schumi has, so it will be intresting. But this is a Ferrari team now that theoretically has two number one drivers, so it will be good to see how he handles kimi. Kimi on the other hand wouldn't care less, he will just jump in and drive. If there is tension that begins to show, it will be down to seb as kimi is to laid back to care I think. Otherwise he would have fallen out with Massa when Massa was at top of his game.

1 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1m25.167s 2 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull 1m25.547s +0.380 3 Pastor Maldonado Lotus 1m25.751s +0.584 4 Sergio Perez Force India 1m26.636s +1.469 5 Felipe Nasr Sauber 1m27.307s +2.140 6 Max Verstappen Toro Rosso 1m27.900s +2.733 7 Jenson Button McLaren 1m28.182s +3.015 8 Pascal Wehrlein Force India 1m28.329s +3.162 9 Susie Wolff Williams 1m28.906s +3.739 10 Pascal Wehrlein Mercedes 1m29.286s +4.119 11 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m30.429s +5.262

Ricciardo and Maldonado doing their's on softs on short runs....

Good news!! the last stage of testing has commenced, only 2 and a half weeks left till the race in Melbourne, can u folks believe it!!!!

So with upgrades to both the engines of the Renault and Ferrari cars, I am really interested to see progress with development in testing!!!

ouch...

red_flag_icon.jpg08:11 We're only a few minutes into the session and we've already got our first red flag of the day.

08:13 It's Red Bull's Daniil Kvyat. The Russian has stopped at the end of the pitlane.

08:22 Raikkonen improves to a 1m30.703s. He's joined on track by the Red Bull, obviously nothing too serious with the earlier stoppage.

Jenson said the other day that he doesnt know how to read Ferrari because they havent done many long runs, so I'm glad they're now doing so. Should give us a better idea of whether they really have improved that much.

09:37 You’ll hear from KARUN CHANDHOK over the coming days, as part of AUTOSPORT’s coverage of this test. The ex-F1 and current Formula E racer has been trackside, Turn 10 to be precise.

“Out on track, the Red Bull looks balanced, but none of them can get temperature in the tyres. That's the biggest issue, especially with the front tyres.

“Lewis is the only one who is forcing energy into the front tyres to get some temperature into them.

“The Toro Rosso has a strange, almost traction control-sounding system, like it's cutting cylinders for traction. But he's yet to do a laptime so maybe the tyres are cold.”

Eish, I don't know about u guys, but I think this is scary, probably with loads of fuel..

09:55 Hamilton completes an eight-lap run on the medium tyres, lapping in the high 1m26s and low 1m27s throughout.

There are 2 consolations for me:

1) last season merc allowed a fantastic duel which kept us interested, so we'll probably have a repeat.

2) Lewis is English!

There are 2 consolations for me:

1) last season merc allowed a fantastic duel which kept us interested, so we'll probably have a repeat.

2) Lewis is English!

English or not, I don't mind Lewis winning!!!

I'm also a fan of him

looks like Kimi is really sorted with his turn in's now, so the front end must be working to his satisfaction

15:04 We've just been visited by KARUN CHANDHOK, back from some more time in the field, with an update on Ferrari's progress and Massa's pace.

"Kimi looks quite good. Watching slow speed turn-in at the last chicane, Kimi looks really good, and at high-speed it looks reasonable but not as good as the Williams. But it looks like he's focusing more on race runs.

"The Williams looked really balanced on the softs, when Massa went for that laptime. It looks like on the medium they were doing race set-up work, they built in some understeer to protect the rear tyres; pushing the fronts and protecting the rears. When they went for the soft, the car looked really good for that one lap."

Lotus have today signed up this young lady as development driver. Hello! Sorry Mrs Wolff there's a better marketing option in town.

post-498-0-34194800-1424965006_thumb.jpg