Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Testing 2016

Super softs man. Vettel goes quickest in super softs. Surely Mercedes and Ferrari are on top. I was under the impression that toro rosso will be quicker than the bulls. Doesn't look like it even though it's too early to predict.

Mclaren are doing aero testing already which they were doing only mid season last year. Good signs for them. Car looks reliable. Alonso has done 50 laps already.

Yeah same here, it IMO is the most beautiful car this year, even the body shape around the rear and the side pods, nice car indeed.

Wow Seb and Ferrari look pretty handy don't they? mercedes will be watching him very closely. Looks like Ferrari and Mercedes very close with a it of a gap back to redbull and so on.

Wow Seb and Ferrari look pretty handy don't they? mercedes will be watching him very closely. Looks like Ferrari and Mercedes very close with a it of a gap back to redbull and so on.

Nope, judging from what I've seen, Merc still miles ahead, my guess by .3s. But it's EARLY days, still alot of unlocking to do for Ferrari. Merc definately owns Ferrari race-pace-wise

Merc of course are faster as the gap is to big but Ferrari has defiantly closed the gap and the car looks a lot more stable in the rear to.

I really hope that Ferrari can close the gap, and give both Lewis and Nico a run for the money.

When Mercedes go to the new ultrasoft tires.......That will be an indicator of how much that Ferrari may have closed the gap.

You might have to change your name to "nicow01" this season mate as I beleive nice will really give Lewis a hard time.

Any info on the fast laps of Gutiérrez and Wehrlein? Both ended the day in good spots for their respective teams, but hard to know, without following it live, how meaningful those times were.

It's almost impossible to tell nowadays anyway. Don't know what programs teams are running and what not, least in the 90s you knew what people were testing as it was so often and so openly done, now with limited testing days, it becomes more of a secret on what is happening. A lot of people on another forum are saying Vettel and Ferrari fastest simply because he set the fastest time while Mercedes plugged around doing over 120 laps it's all a different program, but those new super soft tyres look real fast.

Merc always seems ready...always first out, always ready with getting the car doing the laps... have to tip my hat to them

Well a fast car out the box is always a fast car and when others have 1-2 seconds to catch up, Merc just end up another 1-2 seconds up the road.

On another note, who can take a guy with a hairstyle like this seriously....SERIOUSLY!!

The guy just keeps on winning republican states

That hairstyle would be found on an elderly lady playing the poker machines at the local bowls club on bingo night and smelt like she bathed in perfume. I bet Donald trump wears "old spice"

Well a fast car out the box is always a fast car and when others have 1-2 seconds to catch up, Merc just end up another 1-2 seconds up the road.

Yes but it says something about their preparation...very methodical etc

Sometimes Andrew Benson can really talk twak!!!

"That 1:23.110 from Hulkenberg on the super-soft is interesting - it is 0.5secs quicker than Sebastian Vettel went on that tyre on Tuesday and only 0.3secs slower than the Ferrari managed on the ultra-soft. That suggests Vettel was running significantly more fuel than the Force India - which is encouraging in terms of Ferrari's margin to the Mercedes, in the context of what we discussed earlier this morning."