Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Hahahahahaas

Again: http://en.f1i.com/news/32582-haas-chassis-a-better-design-than-ferrari.html "Gene Haas says his new F1 team believes it has a chassis which is "a better design" than next year's Ferrari."

1. Sebastian Vettel GER Ferrari-Ferrari 195 laps 1m 22.810s (T)

3. Kimi Raikkonen FIN Ferrari-Ferrari 155 laps 1m 23.477s (Th)

12. Esteban Gutierrez MEX Haas-Ferrari 132 laps 1m 25.524s (T)

15. Romain Grosjean FRA Haas-Ferrari 113 laps 1m 25.874s (W)

FAIL

Lmao exactly, this guy made himself look like an absolute clown with this statement and then doesn't even have a spare wing for grosjean after wing failure, what a tool. Iam pretty sure Ferrari would've had a spare.

I don't really go of testing times as you don't know what everyone is doing so the time gap doesn't worry me, it's the whole attitude and then didn't even have a spare fvcking wing like are you serious?

a little bit early guys to be writing off Haas.......... The guy has been in the racing business a longggggggggggggggg time.

A bit like the DJR Penske team watch them this year. these two yanks do have a bit of motor racing cred between them.

Iam not writing them of as he has world class facilities but it's his arrogance on his approach to the sport and the wing incident happens, not looking to professional from the start.

a little bit early guys to be writing off Haas.......... The guy has been in the racing business a longggggggggggggggg time.

A bit like the DJR Penske team watch them this year. these two yanks do have a bit of motor racing cred between them.

Penske's a bit of an extreme comparison, given that Penske's team is in its 50th season of motor racing and has been spread around every kind of series possible, let alone track ownership, series ownership, race promotion, and so forth. Haas, while credible, has only been in one series (admittedly, his wind tunnel has been used by other F1 teams), has only been involved in team ownership/car sponsorship, and first debuted in racing sometime in the late 90s or early 00s.

Of course, outside of running a full factory LMP1, NASCAR is actually about as close to F1 as you can get in terms of both expenditure and what teams must do to get a car ready (e.g., in NASCAR, they actually build their own chassis and some teams their own engines, much like F1, whereas a lot of major series like IndyCar are just "buy the damn thing from the sole supplier"). Haas's arrangements with Dallara and Ferrari are a lot like his arrangements with Hendrick Motorsports, so he is very experienced in running that kind of model (but that's changing—in 2017, they're going to switch to Ford, and thus be more independent, though still getting engines from a supplier, Roush-Yates).

Anyway, I think Haas is as premature in his statements as the rest of you do. Haas's model in NASCAR, which he is trying very hard to replicate in F1, eventually ended up in him having an equal or better team than Hendrick, with whom he was aligned. So, naturally, the goal is to beat Ferrari with Ferrari's own assistance. But to think that will happen in year one is either a statement of wishful thinking or a complete vote of no confidence in Kimi Räikkönen.

If the latter, maybe he's right. ;)

Penske's a bit of an extreme comparison, given that Penske's team is in its 50th season of motor racing and has been spread around every kind of series possible, let alone track ownership, series ownership, race promotion, and so forth. Haas, while credible, has only been in one series (admittedly, his wind tunnel has been used by other F1 teams), has only been involved in team ownership/car sponsorship, and first debuted in racing sometime in the late 90s or early 00s.

Of course, outside of running a full factory LMP1, NASCAR is actually about as close to F1 as you can get in terms of both expenditure and what teams must do to get a car ready (e.g., in NASCAR, they actually build their own chassis and some teams their own engines, much like F1, whereas a lot of major series like IndyCar are just "buy the damn thing from the sole supplier"). Haas's arrangements with Dallara and Ferrari are a lot like his arrangements with Hendrick Motorsports, so he is very experienced in running that kind of model (but that's changing—in 2017, they're going to switch to Ford, and thus be more independent, though still getting engines from a supplier, Roush-Yates).

Anyway, I think Haas is as premature in his statements as the rest of you do. Haas's model in NASCAR, which he is trying very hard to replicate in F1, eventually ended up in him having an equal or better team than Hendrick, with whom he was aligned. So, naturally, the goal is to beat Ferrari with Ferrari's own assistance. But to think that will happen in year one is either a statement of wishful thinking or a complete vote of no confidence in Kimi Räikkönen.

If the latter, maybe he's right. ;)

Lmao good post, I think he will eventually come good as his facilities are almost second to none and we all know in f1, it's the facilities that help a hell of a lot, but like I mentioned earlier, it's the attitude and approach as to me has no respect for even Ferrari.

The HAAS looks pretty good, despite some glitches and stopages. No they are not going to win races, but I can see them fighting STR, Sauber and being mid pack. That's quite the achievement in today's F1 actually, consider how much Williams and especially McLaren are struggling. Good luck to them. We need them to succeed if we are going to see new teams in F1. I don't care if they stick around for 2 years and then leave, it never did WRC any harm when constructors and teams came and went.

Yeah they have been the only team in what nearly ten years to actually come into the sport looking ready. Not really behind in this or that like most other small teams and yes they don't look to bad.

Can't wait when this "failure" passes a Ferrari for position ohh let the excuses fly.