Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

To Save F1, What Needs To Be Done ?

1 hour ago, Emmcee said:

Yeah wel

we knew that didn't we?

I am not sure that you read the article radical posted. Sainz was talking about Alonso, who lodged complain against him, that he pushed him off the track. You know, just as Verstappen has done it to Rosberg. Read the da... article. Trouble is, Sainz was punished, whereas our hero did not. Fine art of judging the race by fully objective FiA stewards.

Yeah wel

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

I am not sure that you read the article radical posted. Sainz was talking about Alonso, who lodged complain against him, that he pushed him off the track. You know, just as Verstappen has done it to Rosberg. Read the da... article. Trouble is, Sainz was punished, whereas our hero did not. Fine art of judging the race by fully objective FiA stewards.

Yeah we still don't have a constant fact of judge do we?

On 3 November 2016 at 9:25 PM, Sakae said:

Ohh I read the article, I don't think you see what Iam getting at with that.

24 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Ohh I read the article, I don't think you see what Iam getting at with that.

Obviously I am not. With blinkers on your eyes you see just Vettel, Vettel, Vettel, and what the others are dribbling, is none of your interest.

Your confusing me with yourself mate, as far as your concerned there's only one car in f1 and one driver. That's all you ever post about, getting quite tiring reading consistent biased dribble. Everything is sweet in f1, you can do what you like until someone does it to Vettel and all of a sudden you get a change of heart. Where's this honesty when it's against Vettel? Doesn't exaiat does it? I tell you what, if dan ever does anything remotely like Vettel does, beleive you me I'll mention it but that's a very big bloody IF. And no Iam not talking about world titles as dan proved it means jack, just look at 2014, 4 titles should be dans not vettels, he has proven in more than a few occasions that he is the better driver, well least he doesn't result to personal insults if it doesn't go his way. That alone is enough to give him more respect than Vettel IMHO. Oh and btw I couldn't give a rats a$$ if people here don't like my posts, least I have the guts to tell it how it is and not sugar coat it because I have a fetish for a particular driver. To be honest, I've never met such a biased member the entire time I've been here.

Daddy Stroll putting in his Baby Stroll to Williams F1 (for $80M) isn't healthy for the Motorsports. Besides, Claire Williams will steal half of that money anyhow.... :lol: 

How can his results in previous formulas come with any merit? Since the day he stepped foot even in a kart, he had the best money could by.

Well it will show is if bottas really has what it takes doesn't it? If he can lead the team and bring them back towards the front.

@radical-one Williams is now being rated at FI level. I am not sure whether it is because they are in free-fall, or FI is on rise, and caught up with them. Could be little bit of both.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

@radical-one Williams is now being rated at FI level. I am not sure whether it is because they are in free-fall, or FI is on rise, and caught up with them. Could be little bit of both.

Little bit of both I think. I was a big fan of Williams during Montoya days. But like you said, they are on a free falling or maybe free FAILING in the past decade.

I will cheer for the team again after Rob Smedly leaves permanently....

I mentioned this ages ago but because some don't like reading my posts, it got posted again by someone else. Compared to the dominant 90s there a completely different team. Only the name is the same.

I think Sir Williams has got a lot to do with the results all in past time but now that he has less hand on the team, the performance is weaker. 

Pat Symonds is retiring I believe from his current position. Isn't it an another blow to the team? I thought that technical wise he is the one holding it still together.

They just seem slow in the development side as at the start of the season they were right up there and slowly fell backwards.

This one caught my eye.

The discussion centered mostly on the prospect of introducing more consistency into penalties and trying to ensure that where possible they are not left open for discussion after the race.

Really? Is this an admission that FiA has been then inconsistent in the past? Who are the victims? I want to see a list, please.

Two attempts to introduce an alternative to the current CFD and wind tunnel restrictions were rejected – one floated by Force India involved a move away from tunnel time to CFD

This is now n-time Force India is suggesting these type of cost down measures, and then we are surprised how screwed up show on Sunday is. Driving it to battle of Ph.D(s) behind computers instead between drivers will ultimately make me to abandon a (former) sport I've been watching consistently for decades. I hate to admit it, but I feel in my bones that the D-day is coming, and I will pull the trigger. Enough is enough, and I have enough of FI and similar to them.

That's one thing I never under stood hey? Is how on earth with how many they have on the steward panel that 1- they are so inconsistent and on some occasions wrong and 2- why it is left for after the race, I thought that was one reason an experienced past driver was on the panel on the first place, I help these bone heads with decisions there not capable of doing themselves. Good find sakae.

Following tracks might be taken off the calendar for one or other reasons (I gather mostly for financial losses, however that's a guess on my part). FOM can decide what to do about it. (Save/help some, drop the others ).

Italy, Germany, Canada, Brazil, Singapore (similar noises I heard about Japan, however lately it got quiet)

BE is expecting following teams to leave F1:

Ferrari, Mercedes, (AMuS added Manor) 

BE purportedly said, if this improves racing, than it is not loss, whereas silly me thought that his house of cards seems to be shaken at its foundation. BTW, I do not see a lot of new aspirants to be knocking on his doors.

(Per motosport.com and AMuS).

No one else can afford to enter because of the rediculous fees. to much of a gamble with the "musical chairs" type rules.

Bernie's 2 race format? 

The real issue is there's just not enough drama any more with the exception of the first corner. Let them refuel, let them turn up the power and risk blowing up. Have different tire manufacturers. Exclusivity is what is killing the sport! Too much money goes to the top just as in society today!

==============

Ecclestone proposes two-race format

20 November 2016, 14:57

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone believes the sport could be made more attractive by ditching the current one-race format for two shorter races, he said in a Sunday newspaper interview.

Ecclestone, 86, believes F1 would appeal more to modern audiences, sponsors and advertisers if there were two 40-minute races, separated by a gap during which drivers could be interviewed.

But he questioned whether the sport's decision-makers have the "courage" to make such a seismic change to the traditional schedule.

"People have a much shorter attention span and a lot of sports are looking at introducing shorter forms of their games," Ecclestone, the F1 chief executive, told the Sunday Times.

-----------------

How about making the sport appeal to real fans first? That's the issue there and going to a two race format wtf it's turning into touring cars.