Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

To Save F1, What Needs To Be Done ?

Depends what it means. I am not sure that a tire supplier will be willing to haul every variety in large numbers "just in case" they all want the same tire. What I do not like is, that drivers aren't allowed to choose - and change - tires before race starts (as it used to be), and they have to choose at least two varieties. To sum up:

1. Team should select tires they want to race in the next event, but not more that 3 varieties.

2. Race could be executed on one type of tire only.

3. 3 hrs prior race start a team can mount any tires in their stock. (Means could be different then one used in qualy). Rain conditions is different one.

Why can't they run two different compounds like MotoGP can? MotoGP you can run a different compound front to rear if you like.

yep, they should be allowed to choose tire compound combinations and choice of any compound available. Should be part of the strategy. Otherwise , keep it simple and cheap by using only one compound for each wet, inter and slick.

Money grab leads us to a table of and (most likely) handshake with one "famous" Tayyip Erdogan. For some reason if I was uncomfortable with a few locations for past a few years, today that feeling got a bit stronger. It is hard to apply personal ethical principles to F1 characters, but last spec of human decency was somewhat trampled upon with Carey's visit, trying to get Turkey's money for the race. Obviously there is no limit...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brawn-plots-f1-s-secrecy-revolution-to-help-fan-experience-892811/

A lot of talk, big headlines, a lot of promises, yet as a subscriber of F1 ACCESS, after paying pretty hefty fee, I have received nothing but disappointment since the begging of this season. Problem after problem with log-in, data transmission, inaccuracies or discrepancies from a screen to screen, commentaries disjoined to tabled data, and in comparison to other sources, very much contradictory, etc. It was never like that in previous years that I would recall. Do less talking about surprises, just fix the fundamentals first, please. Tata or Brata, whatever; give to some people who know what they are doing.

American influence - lets convert F1 into NASCAR

Currently, the team's data is 100% confidential. But with Liberty Media having swept in to succeed the Bernie Ecclestone era, Brawn's plan to add value for the fans would involve broadcasting in real time that secret data about fuel loads, tyre wear, engine settings and more via an app

What a lot of BS, Ross. You have disappointed me. Automakers are not NASCAR owners, and after massively investing into R&D, now they give everything to FI, Williams and similar for free? WTF is very fitting in response.

New owners obviously do not want F1 be F1, but a series in their own image. Well, good luck with that when new CA negotiations shall come up.

Good point sakae, I've always thought f1 would do what ever it takes to lure the U.S. To f1. Iam not saying Austin is a failure but it's a far cry from what they dreamed before building the circuit. They have had multiple tries at different locations to try get it going but it just doesn't and that's because the rules in place denying flat out racing.

6 minutes ago, radical-one said:

The question is who's smile is fake? LOL :P

Smile - as shown - could be genuine. I think however that Hamilton possess slightly more fragile ego, over Vettel, but I could be wrong. It's just perception I have of him. I really have enough of infighting, and wishing even if they are merely at colleagues level, they should behave and stop talking (occasionally) nonsense. Unfortunately some quarters of media are trying to drag drivers into a war between GB and Germany. Totally wasted position to take.