Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Discussion

Greetings,

EVERY time I log on. New post,  2017 Ferrari.
??? HAS the,   2017 Ferrari;
                      DONE anything
                      looked like, ACHIEVING anything
So WHY all the comm ents ??

11 October 2017   7:12 (CEST)

I am not sure if I understand accurately question you asked as it was meant, but let me have a shot at it, since I am the one who is posting frequently in Ferrari thread.  My focus on Ferrari team stems from a simple fact, that Vettel drives for them, and as a (very) long time fan of his, I am interested in his racing just as much as in environment where he works. Despite to some claims around here to the contrary, I am not a worshipper of his, but I do stick with him through thick and thin, and would welcome any objective discussion on the same subject free of hate or profanities. Forum has a problem right now. It is extremism. People are either FOR or AGAINST, but nothing in the middle. Take notice for example that after races past, we have no discussion about those anymore as it used to be. I've noticed your focus of McLaren, which is fine, if you like that team, others just signed in and all what they do is defaming Vettel, or other posters, so why bother at all to get involved in war of words? (Forgive me for raising this up, but I think you have done at least once the same.) I am not on this forum for too long, but in that short time we had around until recently some really good people to chat with, but they all seems to left forum, and I can only guess why. Maybe my narrow focus on one driver, one team and F1 business is part of the problem, but I did like to read what others have contributed, regardless of chosen topic. Unfortunately all of that seems in the past only, and I am not sure if forum revival is coming back. Ultimately we need to talk to each other, rather then talking over each other's shoulder. This is supposedly a place of common interest, racing in F1, at least so I thought, however calling people idiots is not very inviting for wanting to return.

With respect of Ferrari rising, one needs to understand their position in past a few years. They came from literally nowhere to prominence over winter last, and only series of mistakes, some avoidable, others perhaps not, slowed them down. Ferrari is F1, there is no question about it in my mind, just as it was Mercedes GP, when racing was hobby for rich, and before FOM came into being.

Gaps between cars this year are really small, and it doesn't take much to look great in one race, and not that much in next one. Then there is the issue of wisdom re-signing Kimi, but that's another matter for other time.

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

11 October 2017   7:12 (CEST)

Despite to some claims around here to the contrary, I am not a worshipper of his, but I do stick with him through thick and thin, and would welcome any objective discussion on the same subject free of hate or profanities. Forum has a problem right now. It is extremism. People are either FOR or AGAINST, but nothing in the middle.

I would say that you would make for a good politician. But even the dumbest of the dumb could see through your bulls##t. 

Everyone has a right to post whatever they like about a subject matter. At least Ferrari topics are being kept at ONE PLACE and there's not all these random threads being opened. If you don't like the discussions about Ferrari subject matter, avoid it. Its as simple as that folks!!!

On 10/11/2017 at 5:06 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

Everyone has a right to post whatever they like about a subject matter. At least Ferrari topics are being kept at ONE PLACE and there's not all these random threads being opened. If you don't like the discussions about Ferrari subject matter, avoid it. Its as simple as that folks!!!

13 October 2017   11:34 (CEST)

Well-written, cogent position that people disagree with can and should be considered IMO. Not everyone in here, including myself has English as first language, however almost always one has enough information in hand to interpret point of discussion sufficiently to hear and consider opinion we disagree with in full. Extreme positions, especially on subjective judgments so frequently taken around here are not supportive of any further discussions. I think that's a mistake, and people are leaving this space because of it. (I am actually aware of at least one person stating so).