Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Hungarian GP 2021

Round 11

Screenshot_20210727-081304_Instagram.jpg.f541eb139f25b212f9136be3ffdb4562.jpg

There is some intense battle up top,, And I'm already excited for the red lights to go off on Sunday. Yes, this year's championship is That epic.

Sir Hamilton with his 8 wins knows his way around this track pretty well, and Max... Well he's Max.

Proper David vs Goliath s##t I tell you.

----

The race can get processional and boring at times, but it has also given some absolute crazys as well.. that 2006 race was one of the craziest ever!

Apart from this, there is still a lot that is happening in the mid field that is going to be fun to look at. McLaren could spring up a surprise or atleast be the best of the rest behind Merc and Redbull. Alpine seems to be getting into top 10 more often, and Ferrari is bringing in a balanced performance race after race. Can't rule out the AM's who are fight hard.

Hungary has given a handfull of racers their first win.. Maybe a new winner this time? Maybe?

Here is one thing I hate about the 'game' of racing that Merc has played with everyone since the start of the turbo hybrid era.. they have become masters of camaflauging there true pace till mid season.. so now it looks like they have made 'progress'.

When all they have truly done, is turn up the engine.

Such is reality!!

If Lewis go away with this title, from here.. (I'm rather rooting for Verstappen honestly)...

I wonder.. does Lewis have a LOT of hollow wins that were backed by unfair competition towards other drivers??

I would remember the heroics of the vettels and the Alonso's and the buttons and the raikonnens as the golden time for hard-fair racing..

Oh wow...

Ocon... Congratulations sir!!!!!!!

Vettel benifitting ffom Alonso samurai warrior defence movea. Alonso my DOTD. Steely defence. Thx mate, Hamilton would have had them

Hope this is the last of Vetstappen' misfortune. It  just cant go on like this

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

u ok?

Hell yeah bro!!!

Whatttt Ann amazing race!! Wooofff.. I loved it!!

Whaaaoooo!!!

Good day for both, Esteban and Sebastian. They will have something to be happy about over summer break.

Good stuff.

11 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Vettel benifitting ffom Alonso samurai warrior defence movea. Alonso my DOTD. Steely defence. Thx mate, Hamilton would have had them

17 hours ago, Sakae said:

Good day for both, Esteban and Sebastian. They He will have something to be happy about over summer break.

Good stuff.

Too many redundant headlines about AM is going to appeal decision to exclude car #5 from last race. They would loose that appeal, and AM knows that. FiA already stated that AM was given every opportunity to prove compliance with regulations, however AM failed at that. Sebastian lost his points due to shortage of about 3/4 litre of fuel. He is however leaving Hungary with reprimand for wearing unapproved piece of clothing. I do not agree with Seb about that, but it was his decision not to comply with orders. I like Seb, but I am against dragging politics of any kind into the sport arena. Hamilton didn't receive reprimand for his politics. (Noted.)

I didn't watch the race, but I can read post race comments, and my initial reaction (above) was rather premature. Certification of race results is there for a reason. Main thing is, now Hamilton and his clan can be happy. 

Some fans critique Vettel for not being able to overtake Ocon in a "superior" car. (I am not sure how do they know car was superior, despite Seb admission, he could go faster.) It's pity, but not really surprising, that Hamilton was not subjected to the same criticism despite driving in really proven superior vehicle yet. I read headlines - Ocon defeated Vettel (nothing about Vettel defeated Hamilton keeping him behind), and so it goes...that's F1 of today.

According to Germany’s Automotor und Sport, the appeal is unlikely to succeed as modern Formula 1 power units prove nearly impossible to physically remove the fuel system, where Aston Martin believes there’s the correct amount of fuel waiting to be tested. 

Reflecting on Vettel's punishment, via his Instagram, Hamilton said: "I'm gutted for Seb.

"It is always an honour to be on the podium with you and you deserved this result.

"What you are doing at your new team is amazing, keep fighting and pushing. See you on track soon."

D/T 2021.08.05 11:57 CEST

Ralf Schumacher says disqualifying Sebastian Vettel from the Hungarian GP is “definitely justified” as his AMR21 was “0.03-0.05s per lap” faster with its missing fuel.

Ralf is correct that there is (assumed) correlation between vehicle weight, and fuel consumption. It puzzles me the accuracy he dares to estimate the gain Vettel presumably benefitted from lighter car.  

Ralf would need to know a lot of data to make the claim, despite having some knowledge with similar calculations performed when he was racing, hence his sense is probably not far off, however cars are heavier now. Vehicle weight, conditions of tires, and so on, it all makes the difference on rate of fuel consumption. Perhaps then speculation of this kind are not very useful. AM had relevant data in real time, yet they miscalculated, and I think so is Ralf. Car No. 5 was disqualified not because Vettel was faster over Hamilton (yeah, and on which race lap he began to benefit???), but because FiA needs a sample of certain size for fuel profiling after race, which is 1 litre. 

Lol 😂.

Ok the guys at Mercedes have some sense of humour.. good to see the sportsmanship between the team's and driver's..

D/T 2021.08.06 08:26 CEST

Aston Martin has confirmed it will press ahead with its appeal of Sebastian Vettel's disqualification from the Hungarian Grand Prix. Vettel finished second in Budapest but was stripped of the result in the hours following the race due when his car was found to have less than one litre of fuel in the car, the amount required for the FIA to take a sample. 

I am not sure about wisdom of this strategy. FiA is known to take dim view on what they consider frivolous claims. 

What do we know from reports about this incident, AM was given every chance to correct the situation on the spot. FiA also offered to impound the car until a new pump can be mounted, but my understanding is, that AM rejected such offer (for reasons on their own). Is it then frivolous claim? I don't know, but it will be probably very unusual favour to Stroll if they reverse the decision, which was not available to other teams as far as I can recall. If AM succeed, in that case there will be some teams mighty unhappy about it. 

Damage is done either way, and my bet is, that Seb probably is sick of it already, and who knows whether he still cares.

21 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2021.08.05 11:57 CEST

Ralf is correct that there is (assumed) correlation between vehicle weight, and fuel consumption. It puzzles me the accuracy he dares to estimate the gain Vettel presumably benefitted from lighter car.  

Ralf would need to know a lot of data to make the claim, despite having some knowledge with similar calculations performed when he was racing, hence his sense is probably not far off, however cars are heavier now. Vehicle weight, conditions of tires, and so on, it all makes the difference on rate of fuel consumption. Perhaps then speculation of this kind are not very useful. AM had relevant data in real time, yet they miscalculated, and I think so is Ralf. Car No. 5 was disqualified not because Vettel was faster over Hamilton (yeah, and on which race lap he began to benefit???), but because FiA needs a sample of certain size for fuel profiling after race, which is 1 litre. 

Don't agree, unfortunately

Seb spent most of the time chasing Ocon. Being behind in dirty air and trying to keep up and look for opportunities took more of the AM car than what was required.

I hope they have some proof of the reservoir fuel that was left behind

OK, but these are (I think) separate issues which FiA is not addressing. Seb's challenges with overtaking are not issues they talking about. They also not concerning themselves with alleged gains in speed due to "lighter on weight" car.

They want - per regulations - after race 1 litre of fuel, and the didn't get it. That's the reason why the car was disqualified. For AM to claim NO, fuel is there is rather strange, especially when FiA already gave the team several chances to recover that fuel for them. AM is not the first car which had trouble with overtaking in dirty air; that happens all the time, yet that 1 liter of fuel must be always available. In any car after race. 

We will see how this ends.