Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2021) - Part 2

Kolles, who previously served as team principal of various F1 teams – including Jordan, Midland, Force India and most recently HRT – said he believes the combination of Lawrence Stroll and Toto Wolff at Aston Martin could be “very dangerous” for Vettel.

So, it's now two of us holding the same opinion. I've said the same in first 5 min after announcement that Seb signed contract. 

That's enough for today.

40 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Kolles, who previously served as team principal of various F1 teams –

Those teams no longer exist, or achieved glory in existence.
So how valid IS his opinion?
It is like askin a fish advise on how 2 climb a tree

I think this is great news! If the rumours are true... Question marks over hybrid engine capabilities and not taking as long as Honda to acclimitise. Honda has proved everyone wrong with their re-entry into F1, after being a laughing stock. a Pity they are leaving

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/803494/Audi_rumored_to_be_mulling_a_bid_for_McLaren/

We have Porsche also interested in F1 comeback, they did leave as engine supplier champions. Porsche in a RB would be mega!

Hope the transitions goes smoothly

10 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I think this is great news! If the rumours are true... Question marks over hybrid engine capabilities and not taking as long as Honda to acclimitise. Honda has proved everyone wrong with their re-entry into F1, after being a laughing stock. a Pity they are leaving

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/803494/Audi_rumored_to_be_mulling_a_bid_for_McLaren/

We have Porsche also interested in F1 comeback, they did leave as engine supplier champions. Porsche in a RB would be mega!

Hope the transitions goes smoothly

Brown is reported being hostile to takeover by a German company, and instead is entertaining idea to potentially sell the team to American financial speculators, hoping to pocket big bucks (9 or 10 places pay). It's nice to know where his priorities are. Money vs sport.

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

Brown is reported being hostile to takeover by a German company, and instead is entertaining idea to potentially sell the team to American financial speculators

Thinkin outside the box.  Rasin awareness to the Mclaren brand, in the US.

Rumor is rumor, nevertheless lovely music to my ears. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and Porsche in F1 could be an impetus for others to join and make series what it should be. Add Alpine, Ferrari and maybe Honda would return, with US team not far behind.  Now we have chance for properly managed  F1.

17 hours ago, Sakae said:

Alonso, Jaques, and now Kimi...the list is getting longer and longer. A contributor Velasco (GP247) expressed similar sentiment not too long ago. 

Or 2 put it another way.
OLD ex WDC`S attention seekin, 2 KEEP their name in the papers (media).
Without actually doin ANYTHIN 
Respect 2 them, they put the work in, gained the titles fairly.
Now they R just accessin the fruit of their work.  Which they R entitled 2 do.

Sebastian Vettel has blasted his fellow F1 drivers for their conduct during Abu Dhabi Grand Prix qualifying.

Precisely a point why I do not consider this kind of qualifying worthy top level sport. In Schumacher's times one hour and fastest lap (anytime within) was better system IMHO. Dry, wet, or traffic,...the team could plan and execute best there was. Now...we have just anger and bad blood. Some guys in the front should be facing stewards (silly me, believing in fairness).

D/T 2021.12.17  21:54 CET

Mohammed Ben Sulayem pledged to remedy Formula 1’s problems after being elected FIA President but recognised he may also have to punish Lewis Hamilton for breaking the rules by not attending the sport’s gala awards.

New day, new man - I am impressed. Go for it, mister, and if he threatens to quit, let him. I think F1 suffered for far too long, and its therefore time for a new song.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

I am impressed.

>Simple things please
SIMPLE minds
>> He has NOT done anythin (not attending the sport’s gala awards)
Yet -> U R impressed 
Sakae - NOT doin anythin impresses U 
U should C MY gold fish - it does NOT do anythin
Bob IS his name

Hamilton lost WDC title this year against (slightly) weaker car and not too shabby driver. Vettel at Ferrari had in one year slight chance, however MB was still strong, then add mess at Maranello, and championship did not pan out for Sebastian. Next year what we will see is a big question mark. It is suppose to be balancing act with outcome having all cars on the same baseline, however I seriously doubt outcome will be just that. Like in 2014, front teams have resources to start well researched campaign, with push from day one. Haas and alike will not recover IMO. All things equal among first five, I am hoping this is not going to be anymore one man show.

DW:   Here there are differing opinions. UEFA cites a report it commissioned from British consultants Oliver & Ohlbaum. The report predicts losses for Europe's national associations of between €2.5 billion and €3 billion ($2.82 billion to $3.4 billion) for the period between 2026 and 2030, assuming a two-year World Cup cycle is implemented. The main reason for this is the expected decline in interest from sponsors and the media as a result of the large number of major events. 

FIFA was approached to run World Cup cycle every two years, instead current four. UEFA is opposing this proposition for reasons stated in above.

I think F1 could learn from various studies conducted in other sports. Quantity of seasonal races over quality is never a winning formula on long run. 

19 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Again.. it depends on who has the lead in car development from next season... Driver's championships are usually decided based on the constructors... And there could be surprises.. Remember brawn GP?? 😉🤟

On 12/22/2021 at 8:25 AM, Sakae said:

Hamilton lost WDC title this year against (slightly) weaker car and not too shabby driver. Vettel at Ferrari had in one year slight chance, however MB was still strong, then add mess at Maranello, and championship did not pan out for Sebastian. Next year what we will see is a big question mark. It is suppose to be balancing act with outcome having all cars on the same baseline, however I seriously doubt outcome will be just that. Like in 2014, front teams have resources to start well researched campaign, with push from day one. Haas and alike will not recover IMO. All things equal among first five, I am hoping this is not going to be anymore one man show.

In today's news...

D/T 2021.12.23  11:48 CET

Marko, though, expects Red Bull and Mercedes to maintain their authority this time around.

Dr. Marko is no dummy. Ex-racer himself, Doctor of Law, still active in all aspect of racing at homes base, and at the track, so he knows a thing or two about possibilities. He has basically confirmed my dark fears. Front teams will most likely remain where they are, and I am not betting on miracles that AM will occupy podium in each race. 

I also think it is bad news for mid-grid cluster of cars, separating them by iota of time. Up and down scoring. It might turn into more of the same what we have seen this year.

Where I am lost is with Brawn, who has admitted that current cars are no good for racing. My question is, why did you let it go then for so long? For sake of keeping F1 relevant to its moniker. Engineers make mistakes, that's life. People should be allowed to try again, but rules do not allow for timely fixes on scale needed. 

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

so he knows a thing or two about possibilities.

Standing in the garage, doesn`t make U a car