Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chennaiguy

Solid Performance By Narain

What's wrong with bringing up an old topic? It clutters the boards.
Funny, that's what I thought starting new topics when there are relevant topics in which a story can be placed does.
Nojv, another thread should have been started, imo

see above.

we indians in first place never even dreamt of nk making into f1, we all were in the impression that he was simply been given useless tests for comercial interests(eg.when he first tested for jaguar because he was then backed by ford india), then we were pleased to hear reports of narain making into f1, we were just happy for him. because there are so many talented indian drivers and riders out here who just dont get the chance they deserve in international category, its mainly due to funds, i must say narain is not just lucky in anyway to have been backed my tata or many other companies back in india. it was his sheer determination and courage that got him

into this pinacle of motorsports. he is agressive no doubt, the agression a race driver must have, who knows how neat his driving would have looked if he were driving a renault or mclaren, give shumy or alonso the same car he drove last season they too must have looked desperate, i respect TG, but am sure even nk would have finished most of the races if only he were driving at his pace, tg did out pace nk when the later had problems with his set up, gearbox or tyres or in pits and on rare occassions he did outpace him. but if every one looked at his time sheets he was vey fast with bridgestones, sometimes he was the fastest or 2nd fastest bridgestone runner in a race(i meant, fastest laps during race, not over all)...nk was really trying to race and not just finish, unlike his team-mate who was just trying to finish the races, its better to have a driver trying to set fast times and race than the one bringing the car back in one piece!

I hope by some miracle nk gets a driving seat in some team, like some one in the thread said, this year nk will only be lucky to even get to drive one lap this season! i hope tata, barath petroleum and other companies inject money lotsa cash for nk, so that we indians will have something to be proud of when we watch an f1 race on a sunday!

well, we do have another guy names arman ibrahim, currently driving for team india in a1, i think hes one of the most talented drivers but the unluckiest one. i hope his team could get more experienced mechanics like other teams.

first of all i feel there is no harm re-opening a thread and posting few details on that...

now coming to tiago and narain...

www.planet-f1.com gave team mate comparison points and narain and tiago were equally rated.

iy shows narain tried to show some gr8 moves and even outpaced tiago in few tracks -i accept tiago is a smooth driver but narain was aggressive on tracks where is driving style suited

hopefully his test driver experience shud give him a driver seat in future-how many rookies succeeded in their first attempt?even we have jenson still to catch his first podium...........

i think the discussion now came to a stage where when a member mentioned " deluded indians" and then it followed " deluded DC " and so on.... i think in this forum there are people from various parts of world

so not only for leading drivers we also have fans for other drivers for various reasons

we will be having fans to yuje ide in japan, tiago in portugal and so on... well like wise more spectators are enthusiastic abt their country men being in a top sport like formula one...

so lets be sportive and we should encourage newcomers...sometimes criticize their faults...soemtimes recognize their potential ...well we shud not forget everyone is a newcomer once.....