Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AutoRacer5

Terri Schiavo Dead

Recommended Posts

Almost everybody has heard of the case of Terri Schiavo, and she has passed on. What are your opinions about this ordeal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to be crass but thankfully it's over and people can get on with their lives (by the way I have instructed my family to do the same for me a long time ago) that this was played out in such a open fourum is sad :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almost everybody has heard of the case of Terri Schiavo, and she has passed on. What are your opinions about this ordeal?

Really sad. I think everyone has the right to choose (i don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Priest said that the flowers were getting treated better than her, and the Schiavos are mad about that even though it is the truth! The siblings were prevented from seeing her in her final moments, her parents cannot attend the funeral, her body is being creamated instead of wholly buried in Florida, and her husband is a murderer. I didn't know hearsay had that much power in our legal system, and why the hell didn't he just divorce her? It was all because of the 1 mil malpractice suit back in 93, and Terri's parents even offered for him to divorce his wife! I honestly believe that there is a price for his head out there right now. Hell, I'd like to hijack his SSN and his credit card numbers instead...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Priest said that the flowers were getting treated better than her, and the Schiavos are mad about that even though it is the truth! The siblings were prevented from seeing her in her final moments, her parents cannot attend the funeral, her body is being creamated instead of wholly buried in Florida, and her husband is a murderer. I didn't know hearsay had that much power in our legal system, and why the hell didn't he just divorce her? It was all because of the 1 mil malpractice suit back in 93, and Terri's parents even offered for him to divorce his wife! I honestly believe that there is a price for his head out there right now. Hell, I'd like to hijack his SSN and his credit card numbers instead...

Get your facts straight bub, of the 1 mil. only aprox. 50,000$ is left and the husband had been offerd 10mil and 1 mil. by different people to give control of her to the parents and he wouldn't take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im just glad its over so i don't have to hear about it every 3 minutes...though now its the popes condition thats on every 3 mins...so im screwed anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well it really BEATS me how anyone can let another human being STARVE to death !!!

If it were a dog or a horse then they would have been given a lethal injection or just plain SHOT !!!!!

But to allow what seemed to be a LIVING person just STARVE to death has to be a criminal offense , RIGHT.

If a mother starves her children and they die, she is charged with either Manslaugter or Murder ! Is that not the case in this scenario ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well personally I'm glad Terri's wishes were finally observed despite Bush's best efforts but yes its very sad she had to starve to death and in such a public way. I can't see how the religious can justify intervening to stop others ending their lives in a dignified way according to their wishes as expressed earlier when they were well. They are always calling for tolerance of their own beliefs but they seem to show very little of it themselves sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
well it really BEATS me how anyone can let another human being STARVE to death !!!

If it were a dog or a horse then they would have been given a lethal injection or just plain SHOT !!!!!

But to allow what seemed to be a LIVING person just STARVE to death has to be a criminal offense , RIGHT.

If a mother starves her children and they die, she is charged with either Manslaugter or Murder !  Is that not the case in this scenario ?

Bottom line: SHE DIDN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have mixed feelings to this, but I think as said Panchito she lost her feeling of pain and hunger, so I tend to lean towards this. I think it was said the way it was handled.

Well, euthanasia is the top of humans selfishness, i understand the feeling of the familys (i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well personally I'm glad Terri's wishes were finally observed

How do we know Michael Schiavo wasn't making this all up? It's all damn hearsay! And now the pope's died. I bet somewhere a lot of people bet on when the pope and when Terri were going to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How do we know Michael Schiavo wasn't making this all up? It's all damn hearsay! And now the pope's died. I bet somewhere a lot of people bet on when the pope and when Terri were going to die.

If Michael really wanted her money he wouldn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think that this was all a very private matter that didn't need to come out. in such a public way. but the fact it did, i'm very disappointed in the way that it was handled. the courst didn't appear to be leaning in any other way then the way it went, so it didn't need to be politicised the way it was.

what i find particulalry stomch-turning was the way she was euthanised. i don't know whether or not it would have made a difference medically speaking, but surely they could have ended her life with an injectiojn or something similar that didn't take 2 weeks to take effect, prolonging teh pain and suffering for all the family involved. surely starvation wasn't the way to do it. the method only allowed the madness to continue for so long. now all the fanatics who never gave a sh*t, or knew sh*t about the family can go home and on with their lives. next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euthanasia is illegal, so they could only allow her to die naturally, by not feeding her.

You can make a document (in australia atleast) for this situation, it can tell them not to treat you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How do we know Michael Schiavo wasn't making this all up? It's all damn hearsay! And now the pope's died. I bet somewhere a lot of people bet on when the pope and when Terri were going to die.

He was with his wife at any moment, how can you think that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He knocks up this chick and gets two kids, waits till about 1998 or so, and basically says, "oh by the way, my wife didn't want any life assistance." Who does that !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi AR5: I admit I don't know the details of this particular case but there are many people who state clearly that they would like to die early when their condition worsens. I was really making a general point about why such people are forced to starve to death because other people's religious views do not tolerate euthanasia. I think it very unlikely that the real debate is about Terri's wishes: the courts are the appropriate people to decide that (not Bush). I'm just curious but what would your opinion be if hypothetically it turned out that she had in fact said she wished to die?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think that there is hope, but I seriously doubt that it was her wishes. Either way, theoretically it's still Euthanasia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euthanasia is assisted suicide...they didn't assist her to live, thats not euthanasia. Its quite legal in many countrys, if you wish not to be medically treated, then they are not allowed to do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...