Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babararacucudada

6 Car Procession Vs 22 Car Procession

In America, in the Business directory, sport is in the entertainment section. F1 is in the a##holes section. Americans would have fixed what is wrong with F1. That is why they do not understand F1. This latest show just confirms how the F1 crowd are so far up their own asses they cannot see the big picture. People want to see drivers racing and overtaking each other, and they want to see them doing that for the whole race. They are not interested in which 222 man pit crew can refuel a car the fastest or which driver will refuell on lap 25 instead of 21. Ideally you fill the car with fuel and the drivers battle for the whole race to prove who is the fastest. The F1 organisers could learn a lot by studying how American Football is organised.

So what suggestions are out there?

I suggest no re-fuelling until the last 5 laps.

Flat bottomed cars to prevent the use of ground effects.

No computerised driver aids.

Every circuit is responsible for having at least one realistic overtaking opportunity.

This would mean the cars are heavier and slower in the corners, which would increase the braking distance considerably and therefore the opportunity for overtaking.

The removal of ground effects would increase the opportunity to follow the car in front more closely.

The costs should reduce for the teams.

Engines which are more fuel efficient could be competitive with those with more power.

indeed as i said before

they think too much of themselves,

one day when everyone's had enough and boycotts F1

they will regret and go bankrupt

which will have no whatsoever saddening effect on me

I saw the indy 500 and am delighted F1 is nothing like it. imagine danica patrick could have won if there had been a lucky safety car period, she was lucky to be 4th because of the safety car. no thanks its too random.

Flat bottomed cars to prevent the use of ground effects

we already have that. ignoramus.

The America people (well alot of them) seem to be quite uneducated on F1, and are too busy wanting it to be another IRL series or something. Not all of us like watching races of pure luck, and 15 safety car periods.

The America people (well alot of them) seem to be quite uneducated on F1, and are too busy wanting it to be another IRL series or something. Not all of us like watching races of pure luck, and 15 safety car periods.

I did not suggest that F1 should revert to oval racing, more that it recovers to its better days like when Jochen Rindt, Ronnie Peterson, Jo Siffert and the other real racers could show what they could do. It is a well kept secret if ground effects have been banned from F1.

Americans would have fixed what is wrong with F1.

Sorry, but that is the point where i fell over laughing. What do Americans know that other people in Asia, Europe and every where don't?

So what suggestions are out there?

I suggest no re-fuelling until the last 5 laps.

Flat bottomed cars to prevent the use of ground effects.

No computerised driver aids.

Every circuit is responsible for having at least one realistic overtaking opportunity.

I have already suggested vastly superior rules to these. Of course, the FIAs own rules proposals for 2008 are better still. Did you read those before starting this thread? You should have.

I have already suggested vastly superior rules to these. Of course, the FIAs own rules proposals for 2008 are better still. Did you read those before starting this thread? You should have.

I hope you are right. I was not trying to be clever, just wanting F1 to be pinnacle of racing it once was.

I hope you are right. I was not trying to be clever, just wanting F1 to be pinnacle of racing it once was.

It will be good again after the new rules come in. Hopefully we will not have to wait until 2008 for one tyre supplier though.

Sorry, but that is the point where i fell over laughing. What do Americans know that other people in Asia, Europe and every where don't?

They do have a history of running sports successfully, albeit for an American audience, but my point was more that they would not have let F1 drift into the non-racing format it now is. Those involved in F1 have all the brains and knowledge necessary to fix it but they have not done so.

They do have a history of running sports successfully, albeit for an American audience, but my point was more that they would not have let F1 drift into the non-racing format it now is. Those involved in F1 have all the brains and knowledge necessary to fix it but they have not done so.

i agree 100%. F1 can learn from America, but i don't think adopting their rules and stipulations is the way forward. F1 is unique and should be treated like that.

Thanks for making me aware of them. They look good. Lets hope they come into practice. Better late than never.

How to create a competitive series with lots of overtaking and many cars.

It will be good again after the new rules come in. Hopefully we will not have to wait until 2008 for one tyre supplier though.

standardised parts will not be good. clutch-operated gearboxes without traction control and 1 tyre supplier will be good though. nevertheless on the whole there are some good proposals for 2008.

Pleasepleaseplease...stick a fork in this sport cause its done. I feel raped by going to this last race, as probably everyone who attended does. Entertainment that thinks they can backside their customers isn't really entertainment, innit?

Seriously though, F1 is always welcome here in the sucker states...we really are can't wait for more euro-bulls##t. We're stupid!!!!

:lol: welcome fu

really, the f1 circus showed you guys no respect, and in turn you guys should do the same. if that kind of thing happened at the australian gp,even though i love f1 to death, i would be telling them not to come back just on principle, unless they made some serious, serious efforts to appease me.

Agreed friend. I've watched F1 for years...perhaps 30? I went to my first f1 race in long beach. I've had totally killer seats in indy for the last 6 years. I tell people here about F1 and they think the cars run on funny fuel. Now many americans know about it...for the wrong reasons. I've been a huge fan for years but I'm done with this crap. I'm really looking forward to Cleveland next weekend to see an open wheel race where they don't crap on their fans. Hopefully we'll get open wheel racing figured out here in the us, and the F1 eejots can roll in their own filth.

Where were your seats? I sat in the NW Vista, section 1. I could see from turn 13 to the start of the Hulman Straight.

Eff-you, you euro piece of ehrm..."s##te". We got rammed by this farce and for some reason us Americans don't like it. If you feel happy to take it, go right ahead. Not suprised though.