Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight The Prof

Professor Sid Watkins

In the world of F1 where drivers, team bosses and the sports rulers divide public opinion one man has been universally liked by fans of all teams and drivers

Hmmm that is the website URL that used my e-mail address to send spam - I'm not giving you my next one just so you can spam it again with your next venture!!

I have high regard for Sid Watkins, but to be made something something of the British Empire? No thanks I have sore memories of the empire.

apparently some of those honours stand for something of the order of the Bath. :lol:

honours suck.

FJ I hope Canada doesnt have her majesty Queen Elizabeth the second as your head of state like australia does. atleast you dont have the Union Jack in your flag.

Hmmm that is the website URL that used my e-mail address to send spam - I'm not giving you my next one just so you can spam it again with your next venture!!

Every petition needs a host or no one can see it

It is hosted on the servers of a forum owner on the grounds of high bandwidth but I have full administrative control and can catergorically assure you that email's are not harvested or used for any other purpose than proof that the signature is legitimate, the owner of the webspace that is hosting the petition has no access to the petition admin panel so your data is completely safe

This is a special cause to honour a man that is responsible for the fact a lot of drivers are still alive

Among drivers on the current grid he has saved are Rubens Barrichello, Ralf Schumacher, Takuma Sato and Jenson Button

I think you should not be discrediting such a noble cause with unfounded scare stories :)

Sign the petition, if you get spam then you will be able to post it here and prove to everybody you were right

Let's unite behind the common goal of suitable recognition for F1's most respected man :)

I'm not discrediting him, but this petition, I won't give yet another e-mail address up for spamming, last time I was told I wouldn't be spammed but I was afterwards and many many others. The owner of the site can see everything on his own webspace as he pays for it, as I know from my own site.

I'm not discrediting him, but this petition, I won't give yet another e-mail address up for spamming, last time I was told I wouldn't be spammed but I was afterwards and many many others. The owner of the site can see everything on his own webspace as he pays for it, as I know from my own site.

Would he not then have your email address already ?

If so has he sent you any spam lately

I have high regard for Sid Watkins, but to be made something something of the British Empire? No thanks I have sore memories of the empire.

apparently some of those honours stand for something of the order of the Bath. :lol:

honours suck.

FJ I hope Canada doesnt have her majesty Queen Elizabeth the second as your head of state like australia does. atleast you dont have the Union Jack in your flag.

Your point is well taken Cavallino. The empire has certainly been responsible for many egregious and shameful excesses in its past.

As for Canada, yup, unfortunately we are still a member of the Commonwealth, and therefore fall under the "Protection of the Queen". Although we gained our independence in 1982 when we patriated our Constitution and Charter of Rights, we nevertheless still have the Queen as our nominal head of state. All our laws are still enforced in her name, and do not take authority until endorsed by her representative in Canada, the Governor General (GG). Although he/she (the GG) has no real power (and is an unelected/politically appointed position), all political and legal authority in Canada still derives from her representative here.

And although you won't remember it, our flag did have the Union Jack on it until our current Maple Leaf flag (that most of you will recognize) was adopted in 1965.

I have spoken with him and he says he knew your email address through MSN messenger and that is how he sent you information not through you signing any petition that your email was harvested from and that he has never seen any emails from this or any other petition

I have spoken with him and he says he knew your email address through MSN messenger and that is how he sent you information not through you signing any petition that your email was harvested from and that he has never seen any emails from this or any other petition

He didn't just send me it but 100's of others and no its not all through msn messenger the guy is a known spammer do not mix your good cause with such people.

Would he not then have your email address already ?

If so has he sent you any spam lately

About two months ago if I remember, something for 'bidf1' many people complained of receiving it and he got his list from his site of who had joined and so he can easily create a bigger list with those who signed this petition.

The bloke is not PC literate I am

I created the password for the petition and only I know it. The only way he would possibly be able to access any data is through PHPMyAdmin and if you know Craig as well as I do you will know its a miracle he can even turn on his pc :lol: so he would never understand PHPMyAdmin to be able to access any information

I do all his technical stuff for him

So if he is nothing to do with it why is he spamming sites about it?

We all are

We are using the name Knight The Prof and posting a pre prepared thread which is being posted on multiple boards

I have posted it on about 5 and Craig has done some too and so have others there are 5 of us who are Knight The Prof

Yes of course he is involved it is his webspace and bandwidth but I am in charge of the petition and the technology and even if he wanted to he is not clever enough to be able to gather emails from it

Well he's been spamming it in the name of CT hence why people have realised he's involved.

Kay you should not give your email address to any website, period. Atleast do what I have done, create a separate email address which can be used for site registrations etc.

This sounds fishy to me, I do not see why an online petition needs email addresses.

Kay you should not give your email address to any website, period. Atleast do what I have done, create a separate email address which can be used for site registrations etc.

This sounds fishy to me, I do not see why an online petition needs email addresses.

There is a very simple reason why an email address is required

To avoid spammers of petitions. Without an email address it would be very easy for the same person to write in 50 times but I added a script where no one can enter more than once as it is based per email address and blocks an email address from being used again for a further 2880 minutes and that adds more credibility to a petition as there is not some johnny no mates who will think it funny to enter 50-100 times. With an email address it means that someone will enter once

Everyone has an option to not publicly display their addresses and I have blocked search engine bots from accessing the petition

The security and privacy of signers is paramount

Too many questions about spam for me to get involved. The Prof is very much loved, was he the guy who attended to Senna in 1994 before he died.

No doubt a very good cause, good luck :)

Too many questions about spam for me to get involved. The Prof is very much loved, was he the guy who attended to Senna in 1994 before he died.

No doubt a very good cause, good luck :)

Exactly which is why it is very sad that people with nothing better to do try and devalue good causes with scare stories that are unfounded :(

cavallino I don't think that when someone is knighted they feel like they're becoming part of the British Empire. The empire doesnt exist any more, those days are gone. What it is is the highest possible honour that someone can receive - it shows how recognised you are for what you've done, and your contribution to your field of work. The 'knights' in f1 have certainly brought a lot to f1 - but then so has the prof, probably even more. I wonder why Williams has a knighthood, and not Ron Dennis! Damon Hill got an OBE - more than Nigel Mansell

I am surprised that Patrick Head did not get one as well as Frank Williams and also Ron Dennis would be worthy too as would Murray Walker

One who should have got one and never did was the late great Ken Tyrrell

I am surprised that Patrick Head did not get one as well as Frank Williams and also Ron Dennis would be worthy too as would Murray Walker
and give one to Jenson Button while you are at it.

Why are people so obsessed with having a stupid obsolete prehistoric title next to their names. I have far more respect for a person with professor against their name than a 'Sir". I guess Britain is different, which might explain the obsession.

The empire doesnt exist any more, those days are gone.

Change the titles then.

Many thanks to those from here who have signed it

I take it none of you have got any spam

The only good spam is a Monty Python skit,

take your spam and be gone

:nono1: