Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Adelaide 1994.

schumi13, that link if from a Prost fan site, it is one of the most biased things I've ever seen. Why are we defending Senna and not Michael? Senna had the argument of provocation in his corner, and rightly so considering his account of events and in books. Michael was not hit by Damon or Jacques prior to their title deciders.

On the Senna incident, I think that it was a combination of that debris Sato talks about, and low tyre pressures due to the slow safety car.

YEAH!

And with regard to the most tragic event in modern F1 history, It wasn't Senna's fault... end of story! Of course Hill would defend his employers!

I do not know about Senna (the poster), but i am a believer in there being debris on the track, that got lodged under the car, causing it to bottom out, and become uncontrollable.

There were two pics, one of debris in front of Senna's car, and right after he ran over said piece. The piece is still on the track in the second photo, so that I think goes out the window. But the lowered tire pressures made the car a bit lower, thus when he bottomed out he bottomed out so hard that it caused some steering thing to break or something, and thats what I think caused the off.

Similar to what AR said, What happened was that because the cars were behind the SC for such a long period the tyre pressures dropped therefore lowering Senna's car to the ground (this can be seen from the car bottoming out & sparks flying a corner before).

The flow of air below the car was decreased, and this caused major aerodynamic disruption causing the car to uncontrollably go straight of the track.

A Steering arm had to have broken before he went off the track though, otherwise he wouldnt have had an impact like that.

I disagree.

With My theory or AR's? :eusa_think:

I saw a documentary on the National Geographic channel and their theory was pretty much what I just said.

And for those new to F1 , the actual impact didn't kill him, it was a piece of front suspension.

I also got a report from the court case with pictures of the evidence (some are far to gruesome/upsetting for any Senna fan to post on a forum).

Explain why you disagree. A steering arm had to have broken. On the S Files website, they have a pic, the left front wheel is blacker, meaning that it is turned. Had the steering arm not broken, he would not have hit the wall at that angle, and the suspension piece might not have broken off.

Give me a link to this photo, please. My point of view is that a fully bottomed out car on low tyre pressures would become a toboggan. There would be no steering control.

Before he hit the debris

picf1-2.jpg

After, supposedly the debris was flattened, maybe he ran over it.

picf4-1.jpg

"Schumacher's Benetton about to straddle the stray bodywork. Look very carefully and you'll see that it has been flattened, suggesting that Senna's car has just run it over

Something ive always wanted to know is What happened to Senna's car after his death. Did the car go to the police and is now in a museum or was DC using it the very next GP.

the car was impounded by Italian authorities as evidence for a number of years. Both the car and Ayrton's helmet were then handed back to Williams in 2004 I think it was and both were incinerated.

Your crazy, its not like this is the only controversial moment in his career....

Quite right. But who cares, we play to win in this game! (I supported DH of course and was very upset at the time!)