Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

My Gp Masters Weekend

Hey All,

What an experience... And a great race.

Mansell & Fittipaldi were in a class of their own all weekend, showing they are 2 worthy F1 world champions.

I feel the Brazillian was infact the quicker of the two, but just couldn't get past.

I sat at boma oposite the Chicane just before the main straight, Brilliant seats with a lot of action.

Derek Warwick's superb over-taking move on Lammers was right in front of us, as was the collision between Laffite & Arnoux with the two cars sliding through the sand a few meters in front of me.

I managed to go on the pit walk in the morning and meet several of the drivers and get their autographs, including Mansell, Fittipaldi, Patrese, Stuck, Tambay & Laffite.

Tambay was extremely friendly and commented that everybody had Ferrari shirts on in the pits, and was impressed to see me with my Renault shirt, saying he was "50% Ferrari, 50% Ranault supporter".

At the end of the race I managed to get into the Paddock club, which as anyone has been to a F1 grand prix will know is where all the rich and famous sit on top of the pits for races. Got to see the podium celebrations from there.

An absolutely awesome weekend.

Here are some pictures I took, if you want to see any particular drivers let me know because I took hundreds.

Cheers

Lammers in Qualifying

lammers9yu.jpg

Ricardo Patrese in the Pit lane

rp5qu.jpg

Before the race

pits2jr.jpg

Warm Up lap

warmup4tz.jpg

Parc Ferme after the race

parcf6mz.jpg

Lucky you!!!!! Pls more photos...

Okay... More Pics coming up!

Emerson's Car Before the race

emmo7tp.jpg

Mansell in pitlane

mansell0gh.jpg

The fastest part of the track, down the mineshaft.

mineshaft7nf.jpg

Mansell's car after the race

mansell26bq.jpg

rp5qu.jpg

Wow. To get that kind of access at Silverstone it would cost a fortune, even more than it already does!

rp5qu.jpg

Wow. To get that kind of access at Silverstone it would cost a fortune, even more than it already does!

Only at the USGP can you get this close.

Wez you did a bang up job with the pics, thanks :thbup::thbup:

No prob guys, glad you enjoyed them.

I was lucky enough to be get both a boma ticket and a hospitality ticket which was worth R3500 (about