Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 FANatic

Why The Increased Vibrations?

ok, i always here that the v8s vibrate more then the v10s but nobody ever explains why. Does anybody know? Is it just because they run at higher RMP?

:D Simply put it's the harmonics associated with a V-8 crankshaft and the rod journal spacing(deg.) a V-6 is even worse although some engine mnft. build non-race motors with balance shafts to off-set the vibrations.

:D Simply put it's the harmonics associated with a V-8 crankshaft and the rod journal spacing(deg.) a V-6 is even worse although some engine mnft. build non-race motors with balance shafts to off-set the vibrations.

Ive been told in terms of harmonics, straight (or In-line) 6cyl & v-formation 10 cylinders display the best harmonics at high rpm. The best, most sexually exciting noise I have ever heard was the old LeytonHouse Lamborghini V12 :wub: closely followed by the last Ferrari V12 in Adelaide many years ago. I hope im not dissapointed by the sound of these new V8s!!!

err..does that mean there is no balance shaft in f1 engines 2 save weight? i

err..does that mean there is no balance shaft in f1 engines 2 save weight? i

probably and hp.