Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Null

Dtm Brands Hatch 2006

OH GOOD GOD, I THINK I JUST WET MYSELF!!!!!!!!

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/news/art...asp?NewsID=1211

Brands Hatch confirms DTM for 2006

Fastest ever touring car race at Brands Hatch!

Brands Hatch has added yet another major international event to its 2006 motorsport calendar by confirming that the German DTM series will visit the Kent circuit on July 2 next year. It will be the first opportunity since 2003 for British fans to enjoy the dramatic action of the world's fastest touring car series and the start of a three year agreement for Brands Hatch.

With Audi having just confirmed its participation for the next three years, a titanic battle with Mercedes is guaranteed with these incredible machines that feature the most sophisticated technology to be seen in touring car racing anywhere in the world. Phenomenal performance is backed up with a stunning driver line up; former F1 stars Mika Hakkinen and Jean Alesi are just two of the drivers that Gary Paffett beat to the 2005 title while seven times Audi Le Mans 24 Hour winner Tom Kristensen also participates.

Motorsport Vision Chief Executive Jonathan Palmer commented: "I am thrilled that we have been able to conclude an agreement to host the British round of the DTM at Brands Hatch next July. I was extremely impressed with the quality of the cars and the show when I visited an event recently. And then when I saw the sensational spectacle of the DTM Mercedes at Snetterton for the McLaren Autosport BRDC Award, I knew that we really must have these awesome cars at Brands Hatch!

"With so much of my own motorsport career involving German teams and product, I am very proud that MSV has been successful in evolving Brands Hatch to be so attractive to DTM. I have very fond memories of Zakspeed in F1, and Porsche and Mercedes in Group C, whilst we are about to start our ninth year running Formula Palmer Audi.

"Of course such quality of machinery attracts some of the best drivers in the world, and to have Mika Hakkinen racing at Brands along with Gary Paffett and the numerous other stars will be a great privilege. DTM at Brands Hatch will be a superb, must see, event for motorsport fans and there is no doubt it will be one the biggest events of our year".

Gary Paffett is sure to pull big support from his the home fans, drawn by the spectacular racing the 450 bhp V8 engined machines produce. British hopes will also be following another Mercedes-backed driver - Jamie Green. Like Paffett, Green is a past winner of the McLaren Autosport BRDC Award and enjoyed a successful debut year in 2005, impressing many with his speed.

2006 is going to be magnificent year for touring car racing at Brands Hatch and British champions. Whilst Paffett will defend his DTM crown, the World Touring Car Championship event in May will see reigning champion Andy Priaulx fighting to win while at the two rounds of the British Touring Car Championship Matt Neal will be out to repeat his title clincher at Brands Hatch last October.

Tickets for this world-class event will be on sale soon and will be available by calling 0870 950 9000 or logging on to www.brandshatch.co.uk

OH GOOD GOD, I THINK I JUST WET MYSELF!!!!!!!!

Steady on lass........there now is the color back in your cheeks? are you knees steady? was it good? :naughty:

might not even be going since kent is far away from where I am living now. Would be so much better if I was still in Leicester when it was happening :(

:D depends on the traffic.......

Does anyone know if they will be using the full GP circuit instead of the Mickey Mouse Indy loop?

I think they're going to be using the indy circuit so there will be about 70 laps or something since it's under a minute a lap. I quite like the brands indy circuit

I think they're going to be using the indy circuit so there will be about 70 laps or something since it's under a minute a lap. I quite like the brands indy circuit

Personally, I much prefer the GP circuit although the Indy loop is better for TV and spectators I suppose.

Personally, I much prefer the GP circuit although the Indy loop is better for TV and spectators I suppose.

Yeah, I recon!