Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Tyres At Monza

I know Ferrari has good straight line speed and for that reason will be strong at Monza. But all the hype seems now to have shifted towards the tyre war. Alonso is qouted at bbc.co.uk as saying: "I think we are in Michelin and Bridgestone's hands because at the end of the day, the cars are at their maximum development now.

"The tyres can give you more than half a second, so I think they will be the deciding point."

Both Ferrari and Renault will test heavily at Monza this coming week, so which tyre will be the fastest? The Bridgestone did well at Indy which is also a high speed ciruit.

Any guesses?

Im holding thumbs for the French brand, but honestly its anyones guess...

Hmm what are the tires characteristics?

Not sure Bridgestones are high speed circuit dominators, canada, bahrain and britain are pretty high speed with britain being mostly high speed corners which suits the Renaults clean aero best.

High temp suit Bridgestone and low temp Michelin's. Hot enough climate but i'm sure the high speed corner's are in the shade from tree's which could be an unknown factor.

Brakes could be an issue aswell, the Ferrari's fronts where chugging out dust late in the Turkish GP. McLaren use the best brakes an F1 team can get, sometimes Ferrari and Toyota did aswell but the high speed might not suit them because of their high temprature requirements to be effective (flying down a long straight could drop the temp too much)

High temp suit Bridgestone and low temp Michelin's.

Thats quite funny when you consider that the first few years after Michelin entered F1 the Michelin tyres performed better in the heat while the bridgetones did better in the cooler conditions.

Thats quite funny when you consider that the first few years after Michelin entered F1 the Michelin tyres performed better in the heat while the bridgetones did better in the cooler conditions.

Bridgestone used to have better inter's aswell :P