Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Green Light For 'red-tyre' Rule?

Are you a fan of the 'Red Tyre' rule?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a fan of the 'Red Tyre' rule?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont know, Dont care

It is unlikey, I know, but maybe the racing won't need jazzing up this season................I'm sorry, I seemed to have left the real world for a minute then, now where was I?? :lol:

:laughing:

While I admire the sentiment, Aussie, isn't this a bit like a woman going into McDonalds, ordering 3 big macs, 2 cheeseburgers, 5 large fries with ketchup and asking for diet coke ?

:lol: Good point.

But at least it's an easy start to one be environmentally friendly, and two help Bridgestone reduce costs a little.

I have been critical of this idea before, and it is a typical contrived American racing style idea aimed at ignorant fools, the kind who can't tell drivers apart by the rollbar camera or helmets, who cannot see the significant of little twitches, of tyre smoke, of the rev counter, tell the probable reason for mechanical failure most of the time, see understeer and oversteer. They will be delighted with red tyres. However it may be necessary with the cars we have next year, hopefully we can chuck it away when the slicks coem back.

I have been critical of this idea before, and it is a typical contrived American racing style idea aimed at ignorant fools, the kind who can't tell drivers apart by the rollbar camera or helmets, who cannot see the significant of little twitches, of tyre smoke, of the rev counter, tell the probable reason for mechanical failure most of the time, see understeer and oversteer. They will be delighted with red tyres. However it may be necessary with the cars we have next year, hopefully we can chuck it away when the slicks coem back.

Nice veiled attack on Americans there, Cav. Offering different compounds during a race makes for good strategy. Putting the red stripe on it is ridiculous and only there for the fans. It was a contrivance designed to help educate new viewers of ChampCar who are coming straight from NASCAR watching. Us veteran open-wheel fans in the US don't need the damned red stripe and it was never meant for us. Take it in context, my friend, and you may come away with a better opinion of Americans.

As the sport is being dumbed down and becoming more and more transparent,why don't we have transparent poycarbonate body panels and transparent fuel tanks? That way we can see when Renault are mass tampering (geddit?) and when Honda are using five tanks within a tank?

This poxy tyre identification colouring nonsense smacks of that annoying moment in a film when they over explain in order to keep the simpletons on board.

Making the teams use both the hard and soft compounds will also help Bridgestone by not having a surplus of tyres at the end of each a GP. This will work in well with our sport attempting to go green in the future.

+1 Agreed.

God i hope not!!! :dam:

I was a great concept for the un-educated motorsport spectator, but this is F1 we are talking about!

I did see a champ car race, but it didnt really do anything for me. All this does is give the TV Comm's something to talk about. I think it would work well for other forms of motor racing.